Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Flash (customize) your W810 without bruteforce

Author Flash (customize) your W810 without bruteforce
pram_zx
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-06-19 08:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well....all you people who want to mod their w810 cid 49 red, you can found all files in here....This is Indonesian tutorial with all files required links...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9yvm5xjxbdn

[ This Message was edited by: pram_zx on 2008-06-19 07:32 ]
Crezzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-07-13 03:09

On 2008-06-19 07:57:04, toughrockk wrote:
hi there... can anyone help. i have a problem wen i connect my w810i, the computer doesnot detect any new hardware. This is wat i did. I switched off my phone, removed the battery for 30 sec n replaced it again, pressed 'c' and holding it connected it to my computer but still no new hardware is found. instead the phone switches ON and the generic volume( mass storage device) gets detected. wat should i do.... PLs help...

Really need help on this also..
dom1959
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 09:34
ChipID:9900,EMP protocol:0301
PHONE IS RED RETAIL PRODUCT
FLASH CID detected:52
Speed:921600
Flash ID check:2019
Flash props sent ok
OTP LOCKED:1 CID:49 PAF:1 IMEI:35170701677399 CERT:RED
FLASH CID:52 COLOR:RED

Model:K810i
MAPP CXC article: R8BA024 prgCXC1250811_GENERIC_SM
MAPP CXC version: R8BA024
Language Package:EUROPE_2
CDA article: CDA12345678/123
CDA version: R2A
Default article: cxc1250490
Default version: R1JC002

Network LOCKED
Operator: 505-06

Elapsed:4 secs.

can any one help me out, been trying to unlock my phone but with no success. So if anyone can help me out would greatly be appreciated

by the way I'm in Melbourne Australia

Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: dom1959 on 2008-08-09 08:36 ]
dom1959
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 10:10
please i really need some help, if any one is listing

18:04:39|
18:04:39| Sending db2020_red52_cs_r3a009.bin...
18:04:40| Applet ID: 070410 1557 HANCXC1250562_DB2020_CSLOADER_R3A009
18:04:40| This is a CHIPSELECT loader
18:04:40| Activating loader...
18:04:40| Activating GDFS...
18:05:32| This loader is UNLOCKED
18:05:32| Success! CS-loader has been unlocked!
18:05:32| Uploading customization files to phone...
18:05:32| Uploading /files_to_upload to phone...
18:05:32| Upload ./files_to_upload/ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat to ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:32| Activating filesystem
18:05:36| Creating directory ifs
18:05:36| Creating directory ifs/settings
18:05:36| Creating directory ifs/settings/camera
18:05:37| Creating directory ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack
18:05:37| Creating directory ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs
18:05:37| Creating directory ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings
18:05:37| Creating directory ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera
18:05:37| Deleting file ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:37| Deleted...OK!
18:05:37| Uploading file ifs/settings/camera/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:37| Done uploading
18:05:37| Upload ./files_to_upload/own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat to own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:37| Creating directory own_custpack
18:05:37| Creating directory own_custpack/ifs
18:05:37| Creating directory own_custpack/ifs/settings
18:05:37| Creating directory own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera
18:05:37| Deleting file own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:37| Deleted...OK!
18:05:37| Uploading file own_custpack/ifs/settings/camera/camdriver0.dat
18:05:38| Done uploading
18:05:38| Sending shutdown command to phone...
18:05:38| Customizing was SUCCESSFUL!
18:05:38| Disconnecting phone...
18:05:38| You may now unplug your phone.
18:05:38| Flashing was successful
18:05:40| Disconnected... Unplug the phone
18:07:57|
18:07:57| Attempting to open the interface...
18:07:57| TURN OFF PHONE!
18:07:57| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.
18:07:57| You have 30 seconds...
18:08:00| Baseband ID: 9900
18:08:00| Protocol Version: 3.1
18:08:00| Warning: IMEI name does not match GDFS name (IMEI:K800 GDFS:K810)
18:08:00| ...using IMEI name
18:08:00|
18:08:00| Profiling SEMC phone...
18:08:00| Platform: DB2020
18:08:00| OTP CID: 49
18:08:00| EROM CID: 52
18:08:00| EROM Color: Red
18:08:00| IMEI: 35170701xxxxxx
18:08:00| Phone ID: K800
18:08:00| Region: EUROPE_2
18:08:00| CDA: CDA12345678/123 R2A
18:08:00| Firmware Version: R1JC002
18:08:00| EROM: R3A016
18:08:00| Ready for operation!
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 10:17
This is not the way to unlock...

Read this tutorial:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=170700

Your phone can be unlocked by applying the SIMlock remove patch... The patch for your firmware and all needed files (inluding the simlock patch generator) can be found here:

www.4shared.com - just use the search...

P.S. That is a patching guide, not an unlocking one... So you have to get the Simlock remove (unlock patch) for your phone firmware and then apply it using the above given tutorial.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
dom1959
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-08-09 10:35

On 2008-08-09 10:17:13, strizlow800 wrote:
This is not the way to unlock...

Read this tutorial:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=170700

Your phone can be unlocked by applying the SIMlock remove patch... The patch for your firmware and all needed files (inluding the simlock patch generator) can be found here:

http://www.4shared.com - just use the search...

P.S. That is a patching guide, not an unlocking one... So you have to get the Simlock remove (unlock patch) for your phone firmware and then apply it using the above given tutorial.

I'm not sure what SIMlock remove patch I'm looking for?
Mikebrown197
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-01 08:05
Hi there
I really appreciate the fact you are helping people out here.
seems like you have a sound knowledge of phones.
I have a question I bought a pretty much new phone from ebay, I was told that it was unlocked and was able to work with any GSM SIM card but the phone is locked to ROGERS a gsm service provider in canada (I am from Toronto,canada). I want to unlock it so that i can use it with any GSM network in any country.
What I am seeking here is your help .
As you guided people to flash phones here.
Will flashing set it free from ROGER'S caze?
I cant even assign MP3 ring tone as ringing tone
I paid a guy online for unlocking code but he never sent me code

If flashing can work, please send me detailed instructins as i am not a kinda tech guy. Also tell me if i do flashing wrong way and ruin phone, Is it repairable in that case or gone forever.
Please help me.

On 2007-06-25 12:16:43, strizlow800 wrote:
This is a guide for those who wan't to flash their CID49 W810s. I hope someone will find this guide useful as I have seen there are some people asking how to solve their software issues, then they are told to flash the phones but the phone flashing tutorials are being searched through other forums and sites so it makes the work harder . So I would like we have one CID49 flashing guide here on Esato.

Pictures included in this guide are taken from se-nse forums, from the: pisanggoreng's W810 customizing guide.

First let's get the whole things clear. Everyone knows that the CID is the "thing" that don't allow us to open our phone filesystem using 3rd party softwares like FAR Manager, XS++ and etc... The phone has MAIN and FS firmwares included in it. They are finalized with custom pack.

Flashing the firmware on CID49 phones can be done very quickly with some CID49 flashing programs like Phone XS or XS++. To flash the phone you will only have to download the desired MAIN and FS files, run the flashing program, load the files into it, and then flash the phone. But the problem is coming when it's time the phone to be finalized. Finalization means applying some files and certificates named together as "custom pack" which makes the phone usable. They have to be put into folder in the phone filesystem structure "FS/tpa/preset/custom". But the REAL problem is accessing this folder on CID49 phone like the W810. So there are 2 methods of "hacking" into the filesystem and putting that "custom pack" into the custom folder. The first one is BRUTEFORCE and the second one is the most simple way with good old FAR manager .

P.S. Bruteforce method takes A LOT of time to finalize the phone and it may take up to 4-5 hours to be finished completely, so there is a faster way.

Once this things are clear we can start flashing the phone. Before you start working you will need the folowing software:

- USB flash driver for your phone;
- Phone XS and XS++ CID49 flashers
- FAR Manager (and the scripts you need for CID49 support, den_po's plugin and etc...)
- Firmware for your phone (MAIN, FS and CUSTOM PACK)

which can be found on sites like:

http://www.topsony.com
http://www.sek750i.pl
xsse.4shared.com and etc...
http://www.se-nse.com

Most of the CID49 scripts can be found on http://www.se-nse.com in the "Customizing W810" thread.

To be able to open the phone in "flash mode" you need to have Flash drivers installed for your phone. They can be installed like the folowing:
- Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, and let the battery out of the phone for 30 seconds. Then put the battery back again (do not turn on the phone). Then connect your phone to the PC through the USB cable (DCU60) while holding the "C" button pressed down on your phone all the time. Then "Windows new hardware wizard" will recognize the phone as "Flash device". Here you will have options to connect to the internet to search for driver software or install it from CD or a folder in your pc. Select the "browse" option and navigate to the location where you downloaded your Flash drivers for the phone (the epiusb.sys file) and then install it. If you are told that the driver is not digitally signed, click "Install Anyway". Once the flash driver is installed, restart the PC.

P.S. The phone may turn on during Flash Driver installation. It is OK now, but after you install the driver and restart the PC, then the phone mustn't turn on if you connect it again the same way... That means that you have installed the Flash drivers successfuly.

Now you can install the CID49 flasher. Now it depends on you which one you will use to flash your phone. Flashing the phone means replacing the MAIN and the FS firmware of your phone with new one which refreshes all of the phone settings, files and etc... so some software issues will be solved (for many people - the main reason why they are flashing the phone).

To flash the firmware with XS++ you will have to to the folowing steps:
- Install flash drivers (skip this step if you did it already by folowing the guide above )
- Install FAR manager and XS++
- Once you have FAR Manager installed you need to install the CID49 scripts and the SEFP plugin to be able to open the phone. Install the SEFP plugin version 01004 first, then 010051 over it to this folder: "C:Program FilesFarPluginsSEFP"
- Then extract the den_po's plugin into FAR Manager's plugin directory "C:Program FilesFarPlugins"
- Prepare your MAIN and FS files so you can access them easily with XS++ then.

When downloading firmwares. The MAIN and the FS firmware have to be the same version. E.G. Firmware version MUST be the same, and the language pack like EMEA should be the same for both firmwares, so if you have EMEA MAIN firmware you can use every FS that has EMEA name.

WARNING: WRONG FIRMWARE VERSIONS OR FIRMWARE MISMATCHES CAN DAMAGE THE PHONE!!!

Once you have the firmwares you can start flashing your phone now:
- Run XS++;
- "Connect" the phone by pressing the same named button and plug the phone in the PC while it is turned off (SIM card removed) and holding the "c"button pressed down;
- When it connects successfuly release the "c" button on the phone;
- Put the MAIN and FS files into the needed locations (browse for them with XS++);
- Do not check "finalization" now (as you need to flash the phone with FAR manager then).
- Press the Flash button and wait until your phone is being flashed.
- Once the flashing is done, you can disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Remove the battery for 30 secs, put the SIM card back again and the battery then and turn on your phone.
- Now you have new firmware in it, but you cannot enter the main menu. If the phone was flashed correctly, when you try to enter the main menu, you should get "configuration error, please contact your network provider for information..."

Now you can finalize the phone using the new method without bruteforcing.

Now, to obtain how this method works. As you have MAIN and FS firmware in your phone. You need somehow to grant access in the FS part of the firmware. To do that, you need to flash (somehow DESTROY) 5 flash blocks of the MAIN fimrware and make it unusable so you can enter the Filesystem without bruteforcing. To do that you need to flash the MAIN firmware with another one, which is actually only a working environment which enables you to open your CID49 W810 with FAR manager. The "MAIN" firmware is named as: "w810_p3k_dcu.49R.ssw"

So, to flash the 5 MAIN blocks do the folowing:

- Run Phone XS;
- Connect the phone (remove SIM card);
- Flash ONLY your MAIN firmware;
- Use the "w810_p3k_dcu.49R.ssw" MAIN image as MAIN firmware.
- Make sure FS and Finalization are not checked;
- Now press the "Flash" button and wait some time while the phone is being flashed;
- Once it's done you can disconnect the phone from the PC. If it hangs on 100%, just press the STOP button;
- Now don't turn on your phone, because if you try so it won't turn on because of the MAIN "firmware" you flashed it with using Phone XS.

Now your phone is ready to be opened with FAR manager.

To open the phone with FAR do the folowing:

- Run FAR manager;
- Run the SEFP Plugin;
- Set the parameters in the plugin as shown on the picture below;
- Press "Enter the Matrix" button and then connect your phone (turned off and SIM card out ) while holding the "C" button pressed down;
- Wait until the loader breaks into the phone filesystem;
- You should see 2 folders once the loaders successfuly broke in: FS and FLASH;
- Now enter the FS folder;
- Wait some time until the loader breaks in again;
- Now you can release the "c" button;
- Browse through the phone's filesystem folder structure to get in the folowinbg folder: "FStpapresetcustom";
- Once you get into the "custom" folder you need to copy the "custom files" here to finalize the phone;
- In the oposite panel of FAR, navigate to the location of the "custom files";
- Select all of them (right click to select) and copy them into the "custom" folder (once you select them, press the "copy" button in FAR;
- Once the copying is done, you need to shutdown FAR;
- Do NOT close FAR now, but keep pressing the 2 dots in the phone's panel folder structure (once you will doubleclick them you will get into the previous folder);
- Keep double clicking the 2 dots until you are prompted to "Shutdown CSFS loader";
- Click YES here;
- Now Unplug the phone and exit FAR.

Once you did this, your phone is customized now, but you still cannot turn it on because it hasn't got the real MAIN in it. So now, you need to put the real MAIN firmware again in the phone:

- Run PhoneXS;
- Connect the phone with PhoneXS (as said above);
- Flash ONLY the MAIN firmware now (as you did in the beginning), but now use your REAL MAIN firmware file you downloaded to flash your phone in the first steps .
- Make sure that Finalization and FS flashing are not checked;
- Press the Flash button;
- Wait until your phone is being flashed now;
- Once the flashing is done, you can disconnect your phone from the PC and exit Phone XS;
- Let the battery out for 30 secs, the put the SIM card back into the phone now.
- Turn on your phone;
- If everything is done like it should be, you should have fully working flashed (and finalized ) W810 now;
- Enjoy!!!

WARNING: EVERYTHING YOU DECIDE TO DO WITH YOUR PHONE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANYONE ELSE OR I IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR PHONE DUE TO UNPROPER WORKING WITH THE PROGRAMS!!!

Well, I hope someone will find this guide useful .

Boysie
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-01 10:18
Hi mate, welcome to Esato.

Flashing firmware will not unlock ur phone. If ur phone is patchable then patching it with a sim lock remove patch is the only free method of unlocking. This however is not permanent. Flashing firmware after will relock it.

Paying an online unlocking service is permanent and costs around 15 to 20 euros.

...Or u can try asking ur service provider for their unlock code for ur phone.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi