Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE insider : R6D23 = last P990 firmware ?!

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 232425  Next
Author SE insider : R6D23 = last P990 firmware ?!
jalf
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 21:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I will keep my buggy P990 until iphone appears in Europe! I WILL GO to iphone......Goodbye SE (since sony phones and SE t68, t610, P900, P910 and P990i)
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 21:31
Good idea Dogmann, unfortunately I don't live in the UK.

But a good suggestion.

I hope those who can, follow it.

sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 21:42
GOODBYE SE FROM ME TO!!!!!!!!!!
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 21:54

On 2007-06-26 17:49:32, jiteshraj wrote:
All junk deleted...Now, if u guys weren't so lazy then you'd restart your device every two days and you'll never have a problem with memory. This is not their fualt. It is a fault with symbian os 9.1. Nokia had major problems stabilising their devices (n70,n90 anyone). So stop complaining and get on with your life. My m600i works perfectly. Thank you

Hey, we have one of the SE developers here. What you have written just confirms that you have no clue as to the real life usage of these UIQ3 phones. This is exactly how SE sees things. Sure, these phones work great if you don't:
- Accept calls
- Write emails
- Depend on alarms to wake up
- Listen to music in noisy environments
- Use A2DP stereo BT headphones
- Try to invoke the phone application in FO mode to make a call
- Rely on calendar application for your appointments
etc.

I went for 18 days without a restart but that doesn't mean that the current fw is bug free and "solid". SE has the obligation to improve the P990 fw. I am not concerned about the multitasking issue, but a smart phone without a decent "today" screen? This is a joke!
Even with the current amount of RAM, there are improvements to be made and it is our right to demand that.
I am still only 1/4 way through my warranty (2 years) and all I have to do is take the phone to a SE service center and ask for any one of the bugs to be fixed. If they can't they either have to replace my phone or pay back the money they cheated out of me.
Maximus
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 22:38
I have 10 months warranty left and no more firmware support? Is this a big joke? I want my money back SE!

From T68, P910, K750, P990

sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 22:53

On 2007-06-26 20:20:42, dr_thug wrote:
Can we make videos of the p990 bugs and how SE responded to us and post them on Youtube and other places...with the key words "sony" "ericsson"...so that anyone searching for it shall not miss it.

That's A GREAT IDEA!!!
txmrolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 23:13
I have always though that Ericsson and this new business venture with Sony would has brought some light on their way of thinking... but now I see I am wrong.

Some years ago when Ericsson was almost on the floor, Kurt Hellström took over the CEO chair from Lars Ramqvist, and brought this new venture with Sony, managed to save some asses from a general laid-off (not enough I think). And after their merge, some of those first ass class mobiles with Walkman included, cameras and more came around, emphasizing my thoughts... "finally a final-user-focused company"... that was so, until P990.

Ericsson has been known as a networking company, they have been very close with the operator (network) customer, giving their services to those who have the money... a.k.a. Cingular, Orange, Telcel, British Tel, Telefonica, etc.
Their role on the phone market has not been good, always being surpassed by its Finish neighbor Nokia (which is a state of the art, core-focussed user oriented company... most of the time). I still remember the first Symbian phone Ericsson launched, the R380...very promising... and my first love.
Then SE came and really kicked ass with their high tech phones... Ericsson had most of the mobile know-how, plus the patents. That merge really boost it up that "almost-death-Ericsson-department". And most important... they actually went out asking the user what was needed.

Sometime later, that happy-user quest has been revoked and re-focused again to the network business needs, instead of the user (which last to say is the one that buy the devices to connect them into the customer network).
Maybe is a new corporate rule, or perhaps the new CEO's idea, since Carl-Henric Svanberg is the one on the Ericsson's lead.

There are still questions regarding why SE has change its focus on the final user regarding Symbian, perhaps they do not see any future with this Operative System anymore... because lets be frank: Linux and WinCE are ahead in what application and codec support are about... plus Microsoft started buying Symbian licenses... does this ring a bell?

Both companies must have agreed on what the future will bring... and it seems that P990 future stops here (maybe becuase is a buggy product)... yeah! I know and what about the thousands of angry customers? Easy... they do not give a damn... as you may read on Niklas Sivander email to Johan.

So what to do?!?!... well the easiest way to attack back is to stop buying SE phones... they (I can assure you) will feel the heat once their lovely "operator customers and the Customer Services organization" stop asking for their "unsuppported" equipments that nobody wants anymore... then they will have to win back users again... just because they could not see further away than their "operator customers".

Yeah we can send emails, wish upon a star, vudu or so... but let me tell you the worse propaganda is the one from an upset customer... so lets do what you have to do... start spreading the voice... lets be the point of the spear... start claiming what has been done... I have not see so far, one of those big mobile hot-shots going down... but it would be a thing to see

SE here is how it works...

Happy-user(me) Happy Operator Customer(networks)
+ +
1 4
+ +
what is needed? This is what is needed
+ +
2 3
+ +
Happy provider(SE)

... not the other way around... or else the user will look for happiness on other brand.

Cya!.

sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 23:38

[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2007-06-26 22:43 ]
txmrolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 00:33
... and the battle begins...

http://www.pcworld.com/produc[....]rdid,24479391/userreviews.html

Cya!.
Charlieef
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 00:58
Hi everybody, I'm a 17:year old guy from Sweden, and i saved money in two years to bay this phone.

You may wonder why I mention my age, but I can tell you for sure that there is few 17:years old P990 users, and this fact gives me a younger perspective.

And that’s why I’m asking Ares to send me Niklas Sivander email address; I want to send a message to him in Swedish, and from my perspective. I want to write in Swedish because I think it will give a lager influence upon him if he gets a message in his native language.

If you accept this you can send me the address at Karl_efraimsson@hotmail.com

Regards:

Karl Efraimsson
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 01:10
I think its a very good idea...prepare your text, i will send you the adress soon
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 01:16
@txmrolf, added my review on PCWorld. Right after yours
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
creepy_maver
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 01:26
yah ,,,

im drafting my review too...
San Diego , California; MOUNTAIN BIKE HAVEN; GO Specialized!!!!
txmrolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 01:35
OOhhh yeah!...

lets give them hell!!!...
lets keep on with the sinergy!!...
lets go people...in the whole world!!

Cya!.

beca
Satio Black