soo
anyboy tried it yet??
wats comes in the box
??
does it come with a map??

how we use this thing?

i really wanna buy one, but first just wanna know if its really
useful

I got mine today. It's only the GPS dongle and headset in the box. No software of any kind.

The Dongle can be switched into 3 different modes:

1. GPS Only Mode (disables the headset)
2. GPS and Headset mode
3. Headset mode (disables GPS)

When I connected this device into my K850i I got a question to download the application. But there is only 2 applications. Tracker and GPS Location. But no Navigation

Only positioning and a training tracker which tells you how far you have been running or something. Was hoping for a Navigation app :S
thetmaxx
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-26 19:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
are there any navigation apps that don't use the wireless internet for data? if i add a data package, i think it will get costy with att. I'm getting the 4gb memory card soon, i don't see why a nav app couldn't be completely under even 1gb?
[gisdda]
Marclalaland
W910 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-10-26 19:06
Yea, I also bought mine a couple of days ago and the only software available to date is tracker and the sat-viewer program.

On the package and in the manual we are promised a full version of Wayfinder earth and a one-month trial version of Wayfinder navigator. Neither of those are available for download. I have sent an email to SE so have to wait and see what the answer is.

The Tracker program works perfectly though, once you have locked on to the satellites.
lanangjalang
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-26 19:57

On 2007-06-14 21:25:39, The_Morgue wrote:
Anyone knows if this GPS will use the high sensitivity SiRF Star III chip?

If it will use that, this accessory will be a really fat piece of gadget to have!!

kinda wierd to me with all that cable. i use BT GPS (Garmin GPS 10X) paired with my W950i (installed with Garmin GMXT). i also use the GPS 10X with my W830i and W800i (works only with the java's Trekbuddy). the GPS 10X works well, its fast allright...
benjijk
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-26 20:51
If you're looking for GPS software to run natively on your phones without a data connection, there's TomTom 6, and now theres Garmin Mobile. Most might prefer Garmin over TT6. I have TT6 and don't like it, it does the job however, and people who don't meddle with preferences will find it fine.

I use it with my P1i, and it will also run on M600i. Check the website for compatible versions with your phone. TT6 sells the software only version with a DVD, and this is what you'll need. The ones with the memory card won't work as the card provided is an SD version, and not M2 which is what Sony uses. You will need roughly at least a 2 gig card, if you choose to install the full america map. However, you can also choose to install just certain regions/states. The full america map takes 1 gig, and then you have an additional gig for your files.

Hope that info helps.

BenjiJK§
thetmaxx
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 10:19
Yes, but i believe these are only for smart phones? I'm using a K800i. Do they make full install versions for Java?. I don't see a need to install much more than California, but only on occasions...
[gisdda]
proximo
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 16:53
can anyone post pictures of the interface please
Marclalaland
W910 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-10-29 14:30
Now they have finally added programs on their download site. I have downloaded Wayfinder Earth and Navigator trial version and briefly tested the wayfinder Earth. It works nicely and I'm able to zoom in to street level.

The program seems to send out a sms every time I use it, maybe some kind of license check. There doesn´t seem to be a download-meter either, so it's difficult to keep tab on how much I will have to spend for downloading the maps.
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-31 09:06
Had mine for a couple of days now. It seems to work fine & sound OK. The two free apps are Tracker & GPS Location. The Tracker is used for excerice and looks quite good. The GPS Loction is a basic app that gives you what it says, your location. There's no setting the type, just Lat & Lon. In the UK this is quite useless as all maps are in OSGB. You also get speed but can't save waypoints which makes it quite backwards. Basically it's just two basic to be of much use. You can also download a free trial of Wayfnider 7. This is a full GPS mapping app, but you'll have to pay for it after 30 days and then also have to pay for data charges depending on how much you use it. I tried it a couple of time but it keeps locking up. Overall the Tracker is the most usefull and will be good for running/moutain biking/skiing ect as it give you things like your distance & max speed. Certainly hope some better software becomes available.
Asok
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-31 20:50
Any screenshots or more info of the Tracker app? Is it like Nokias Sports Tracker? ( http://research.nokia.com/res[....]jects/SportsTracker/index.html )
Is it possible to download and try it out (it should work with any type of GPS i guess...)
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-31 22:08
The Nokia one is similar, but with slightly different layouts and an extra calendar screen. Also can't export files. Haven't had a chance to take any shots yet.
nyenthusiast
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-02 06:13
Just hooked up the HGE-100 to my K850i and I'm having some issues downloading its software. When it prompts me to download software for the device I reply 'yes'. The phone then opens up a browser page with a 'Fun and Downloads' heading and 'GPSApps' sub-heading. Underneath this is a blank white space with no options or links to choose from. Is/has anyone else encountered this? Is this just a result of the site being temporarily down or are there compatibility issues with the K850i? I see that SE has taken the K850i off of the compatibility list from their HGE-100 website.....

Thanks for your help in advance!
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-02 09:44

On 2007-11-02 06:13:21, nyenthusiast wrote:
Just hooked up the HGE-100 to my K850i and I'm having some issues ...

Think the site must just be down for a while as I used that method to get them on my K850 (which def works with HGE-100). You can also navigate directly to the free downloads on the SE site if you want to try that.
surfer66
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-02 16:35
1. can anyone confirm if it works with trekbuddy?
2. how is the quality of headphones in comparing with other headphones?
kirki
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-02 16:36
I have tried using the HGE-100 with a K850i too. The tracker and satellite info programs work, but Wayfinder Navigator does not. Instead of seeing my location on a map I just get a white screen with a globe logo, a satellite logo and the Wayfinder logo. Wayfinder technical support have confirmed to me via phone and e-mail that their software can't be used with a K850i and an HGE-100 at the moment.

The SE site does not list the K850i as compatible with the HGE-100, although I'm sure it used to a week or so ago. The shop where I got my HGE-100 (blueunplugged) was listing it as compatible when I bought it.

Like others on this forum, I have found that since last night the software download page is not available.

The regular wayfinder software certainly won't work because it only looks for bluetooth GPS devices. (I tried it). The version that is supposed to work with the HGE-100 can be downloaded here (via your phone): http://sehge100.getwf.com

It's all very unsatisfactory. The HGE-100 is fairly pointless because it only comes with trial/demo software. There's a hidden cost of getting the wayfinder subscription. It's this season's flagship accessory and it isn't compatible with this season's flagship phone.

Hopefully SE and Wayfinder will work out how to get everything playing nicely together. If anyone gets it to work, please post here.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi