Author Official Sony Ericsson w910 discussion
jpixels
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-09-11 16:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
do NOT buy this phone

why do you think they recalled it? They know it is faulty

had 4 replacements all with the same problems (not being able to receive calls and constant freezing and shutting off)

i took the retailer to court, i'll let u know when I win

Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-09-12 02:39
Dude, quit acting like a 12 year old. You won't win in court because it is an immature case and the odds are stacked against you. The W910i is a great phone and several people here currently enjoy using one daily.

I had one for about 7 months and it was a really good phone. My advice to anyone would be to buy it. Once you've got the latest firmware, its smooth as silk.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-12 03:49
same here, no major problems and enjoying my phone every day!

I had a stupid problem caused by a faulty debrand - but since I debranded properly it's all good (media player wasn't updating new content).

senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-12 04:19
mine runs smooth as silk. no problems at all
cobra111
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-12 10:54
And i'm another one with one working perfectly, jpixals you just seem desperate for the attention because people arn't agreeing with you on your other thread.
I'm not mad - - - The voices tell me I'm not . . .
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-12 16:40
the second davinci flash on this seems to have sorted out the activity menu problem. mine would stop working if I used the media player for 20 minutes or more. Used it for more than that today, the activity menu didn't die, so maybe that was a problem with the first davinci flash and not the firmware.

So this thing may end up being as reliable as my K series handsets.

The media player is working now, it's updating fine, but it's still slow. The performance is fine, it's just slow to display thumbnails and the names in long lists of songs.

a suggestion on how to get the most out of the media player

Pictures: for quick picture viewing go into file manager.

Otherwise, if you want to have galleries of slideshows and the use of auto-rotate (which doesn't work in file manager), then the only way to do it is to tag photos. You create your own tags and assign them to pictures, then go into "favorites" to view all the files under a particular tag. So it's basically like playlists but for pictures. You need to view a picture in "Latest Photo" or "Cam Album" to add tags (you won't be able to add tags if viewing pictures through the "Pictures" menu). You can add a tag while viewing a picture by pressing down on the dpad.

Music: The media player is a bit slow if you have hundreds of songs and artists, so using playlists means you only have to scroll through a relatively small selection rather than a massive list of tracks or artists. I organise files into folders that match the way I like to listen to music. I then create playlists with the same name as the folders and add the whole folder to the playlist. I still miss the feature of early SE media players - the option to browse tracks by folder.

Video: there is no way to group large collections of videos into smaller manageable groups. So the easiest way to watch videos (if you have many of them) is to put them in folders and browse through file manager when you want to watch them. You lose auto-rotate, but it's only two key presses to manually enable landscape mode (and one press to exit landscape mode).

The main thing is to avoid as much as possible having to browse large lists of thumbnails or long lists of song names. This minimises the worst slowness of the media player.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-09-12 15:42 ]
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 04:14
^^

that's exactly how i manage my files. one must always remember that this is a phone and not some computer with a quad core processor and 4GB of RAM
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 11:31
After read the @max_wedge’s reply, I’m agree with him, file manager is far better than the Media manager to handles various types files.

The million dollar question is: Why they invent the Media manager then? Is it only for getting headache?
pete910i
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-09-15 14:05
@max hey mate which FW are u currently on?
i thought my media player runs quite quick. of course this is my first walkman phone so i can hardly compare lol.
and in addition to ur tips i used mp3tag to remove all my album art makes browsing much quicker.
i hav over 500 songs e-aac format on FA035 n it runs perfect
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-16 09:44
as I said it's only in displaying long list that it's slow. For example the picture viewer takes a good few seconds to display thumbnails. When you are trying to scroll through 800 odd images that's a problem.

Also I have 1500 odd songs, and if I go into the list of tracks, it takes a few seconds for names to start appearing instead of the track number. However if I just go into media player, into music then into playlists and open up a playlist with only 30-50 songs in it, then it's not slow at all.

It's only when displaying a big long list of stuff.

That's why I say use filemanager for pictures and videos, and playlists for music.

btw, I have the lastest firmware (r1fa035), and debranded.
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 09:53
any one posted pics of the new colours of the W910
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-16 14:21
what are the new colours?
sunrise_
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 14:57
@max_wedge
Lipstick Pink and Prime Silver

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-16 16:45
Not bad.
balazsvok
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-09-16 20:25
Could you please tell me how stable this phone is with the new firmware?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 63 646566  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic