Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > 7210 better than T68i...sorry

Author 7210 better than T68i...sorry
Devilishcry
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 19:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@faca
firstly, I am 23 years old, and I've used as much phones as any could have used in more than 8 years!! And personally, I say that SE phones are very very reliable compared to Nokia. Professionals always look for powerful and potential-full phones, not those toys that have ringtones and games, ok, they are sometimes needed but is NOT ESSENTIAL, come'on grow up!!!

And, if its for young generations that Nokia attracts, then Nokia therefore is not a diversified company ie. fones for youth, fones for business etc. but it ONLY produce for youths, which is quite boring and frustrating fones, even if they are cheap, they lack enough reliability especially in batteries which is a very important part in my opinion(as well as many other people) in any phone.

I hope you understood what I meant, this is not a fairy tale, its what I say coz I used many phones and SE is the best (even before the Sony Ericsson joint venture), Ericsson was rock hard.....
barrieo
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 20:22
Dude microsoft does not lose that much per console, its bout 50 or less euro and the ps2 loses the same as did the ps1

This post was posted from a T68i

Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 20:24
Quote:

How about 'normal users' or 'majority of users'? Believe it or not, most of the people buying mobile phones today actually buy them just in order to make phone calls and use SMS. They don't care about WAP, color screens, MMS, Java, polyphonic ringtones, Bluetooth, etc.

I couldn't agree anymore with you on that one Faca. People just don't seem to understand that. They have some strange belief that the whole world population has or wants color phones, GPRS, WAP, MMS, JAVA, polyphonic ringtones, bluetooth, and that showing off such phones makes you look more special, when many people don't give a damn.

But hell, even the majority don't even want mobile phones and I won't go on believing what these websites talk about, due to the fact they are being payed heavily by advertisers to be deceptive in reviews and what not.

And I agree with Devilishcry on his points. There are also some people that want some more professional phones to use. I wanted the T68i simply because it had bluetooth, IR and GPRS. I was in Europe without an internet connection and I didn't want it to happen again. I had a Nokia, but it was pretty much limited to SMS'ing and WAP. I bought a T39 before (I also bought an IPAQ at this time), but I figued later on that the T68i might be even better. The color screen was optional, but I'll admit that it makes the phone a lot more interesting. I don't really need games, I have my IPAQ for that. I don't need polyphonic ringtones, simply because they aren't loud enough. I need a long lasting battery which both the T39 and T68 have, GPRS, and bluetooth to work with my IPAQ. Still to this day I haven't seen a Nokia which can co-exist with my IPAQ very well (Believe me, I've tried them all in the shops, and it just doesn't compare to the T39 or T68).

I really have no need for showing off my phone to many people, especially here in Europe where the chances of me getting robbed is huge. So I'll just keep my phone in my pocket all the time
ppcrockar
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 23:47
Bluetooth is an Ericsson invention. AFAIK they get royalty for every bluetooth stuff that is used.

Ericsson understood that for Bluetooth to "catch on", they would have to make it an open standard and that's what they did.

I have a vague memory that I've read that Nokia and Ericsson owns the majority of the WCDMA patents (used in UMTS).
t68-voda
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-30 02:22
7210 has nicer srceen and good res TFT but not smart and cute enough compared with T68(i).
personally,i still perfer my T68(i)!!
Nokia 7210 is only a model 4 the people who doesnt know what is BLUETOOTH and JAVA-APPLICATION!
U CANT use a software like PC-CONTROL 2 play with ur PC by a stupid 7210!!
haha...
check out the PC CONTROL SOFTWARE IF U HAVE GOT A T68!!
Cheers......
by James!!!!
jamiescott
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-30 02:35
In reply to all the stupid comments about my 'user non-technical' remark, I was making the same point as you were!!! ppl were saying how nokia phones were for kids and my reply was as above, which is the industry term for, average joe bloggs who doesn't need all the extra add ons, and also if you remember an earlier post of mine, when someone said that SOME ppl NEED polyphonic ring tones, my reply was that no one does, it's a gimic, & another when I stated that the vast majority of people don't need to change their phone everytime something new comes out, so don't start ranting to me when we're both making the same point..... maybe thinking would help?? or does that just hurt to much!?!?!?
dal_l
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-30 06:28
The thing with posting in esato is that any non-SE user is a 'dumbass' or a 'kid' ... it's the fact! Read thru. all the posts and you all will get the idea. Someone mentioned that 'professionals' wants a 'professional phone like the T68m ... ya' right. how 'professional' are you?! How do you define 'professional'? An engineer? An architect? A lawyer? Or simply a person with a bachelor/masters degree? In my line of work (HoneyWell) ... I deal with ACMV 'experts' raking in a tens of thousands of dollars in their monthly payroll, drives a Jag/Mercedes with expensive watches, branded shirts and ties .... and they are using the Moto V60/70, some with Nokia 6310/8850 and others with the old Ericsson T28! And mind you, these 'experts' are diverse in nationalities. Aussie, British, American etc ... everyone a professional in their own rights. You call them a 'dumbass' or a 'kid'??!!

When they see my phone (T68m Gold) ... they say 'ohh .. this is cute! what does it do?' Mention BT and they go 'hmmmm ... do they have a sweet-tooth in there?!!' (Others breaking into laughter in the background) .... and basically they have no need for the so-called 'professional' phone like the T68m/i.
jr_rca
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-11-30 07:42
compare 7210 and T68i first before saying that 7210 is better. compare it in details...features advantage and disadvantage...pros and cons etc. eh then decide which phone is best for you. this topic is just a matter of taste because we are a certain fan of a brand.

i prefer T68 for its power...i have a 3510 also which is nice and i only use it as 2nd phone because its nice to use it in texting and thats all.

my brother was a former t68 user who replaced it with 7210 and find it boring because before, he can use pics of his daughter as wallpaper but with 7210 he cant. it cant even receive a picture via infrared. so he decide to replace it again with 7650.

every phone is unique and also will depend on your taste.
if you are a fan of polys, java, interchangable covers and fun then nokia fits you.
t68-voda
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-30 12:37
come on, forget 7210
we r here in a SE forum!!!
Cheers......
by James!!!!
bjambean
K700
PM