Previous  1234  Next
Author Esato Treasurers
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-21 10:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't mind helping out

Think it's a great idea @Goldenface, lets get this implemented sooner rather than later.

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-21 10:29

On 2007-05-18 18:59:13, MikLSP wrote:
This is something I had thought about doing a long time ago and even proposed it as a paid "premium" feature for se-nse just over a year ago HERE

In reality there are many problems with a middle man taking care of the goods. The biggest of which is the opportunity it gives for someone to send a faulty phone to the middle man and then claim they damaged it. Of course you could test every device but I'd prefer to leave them untouched/unopened.
Also it would double the postage costs.

To avoid these problems I would suggest the idea is probably only viable if the middle man handles only the cash.
The buyer would send the payment to the trusted person who then informs the seller.
The seller then sends the item directly to the buyer as he knows payment is secure.
Once the item has been received by the buyer the payment will be forwarded to the seller.

Of course certain conditions would need to be enforced such as methods of payment and strictly recorded deliveries only.

Mik

Thanks Mik for this.

This I think is the best idea because:

• It saves on postage because payment can be deposited directly into the third parties account
  • The third party doesn't have to handle the phone

So far we have Masseur, Peterkay, Scottt and Batesie.

Shall we set a date, say one week from today to come up with a list of volunteers?

I will change the title of the thread and compile a list in the first post of this thread and let people know that there is an opportunity for people to register any objections.

It would be great if some good traders could give us their opinion on what they think should make a good middleman - feedback wise.

@masseur

Would it be possible to have the list as a sticky or should it just be incorporated into the AZOTT thread?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-05-21 10:38
I guess its probably the most workable solution but doesn't really protect the seller 100% as I've mentioned before.

What happens if the phone is received by the buyer who perhaps damages the phone and claims it as faulty or not as advertised? (maybe because they no longer want it or whatever reason...) He would then return it to the seller and claim his money back leaving the seller with a phone that is not in the condition it was sent.

I really feel the middle man has to handle both sides for the transaction to be 100% smooth

The AZoTT is already sticky and I think its an appropriate place for this list, somewhere in the first post
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-21 10:43
Right then.

Unless anyone has any objections then the Treasurer looks after both sides of the transaction.

I will sign off the the rest of the day but if anyone wants to offer their services as an Esato Treasurer then please let us know.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-05-21 10:51
I'm not saying this is how it has to be, its just my opinion but really down to the majority to decide. or perhaps one of these two alternatives can be agreed by the buyer and seller at the time of the transaction
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-21 16:38
I would also offer my services when needed, but obviously I don't have a large amount of feedback within this forum but have been a member of eBay for 8 years now with 100% posititive feedback also I do not mind in any way confirming my identity and furnishing another treasurer with proof of my address etc and so forth.

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 00:38
If the middle man handles the phone then you are taking a much bigger responsibility for it.

Lets say there is an intermittant fault which you do not notice by quickly testing the phone....you then pass it on as fully working but the buyer discovers the fault after a few days.
The seller is covered by simply saying it was fine when they sent it as confirmed by the middle man!

Personally I wouldn't handle them.

Also people buying a brand new sealed item probably don't want it to be opened and used before it gets to them.

I don't think it is a good idea to become so involved as that simply creates more liability and after all even the middle man is based on trust and we've all seen trusted traders with high feedback scores turn bad and receive negatives before.

The simpler the better, allow the deal to be as normal as possible with the middle man simply securing the cash until the item is received.

Any disputes over the item are therefore only between the seller and buyer rather than involving the middle man as yet another variable.

The cash can be held until the item is accepted or returned at the buyers expense.

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-22 00:46
I wouldn't mind helping out from time to time - although I've been a longtime forum member (under various guises) I've only recently become quite active (post wise) on here.

I can be vouched for on What Mobile forums if that helps too.

[ This Message was edited by: Marc_SE on 2007-05-21 23:46 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 09:24
Personally, I think the less the middleman handles the phone the better.

However, I don't think we should have the way we do the transaction set in stone either - being flexible is also a good thing and ultimately it is up to the traders to decide what method is used.

e.g. a middleman might not be sure he was going to be around to sign for a phone and so would prefer the cash transferred into his account.

So the middleman either handles the cash or handles the phone or both if agreed by both traders. The most important thing is clear communication, as long as all three parties are clear on what method used there shouldn't be a problem.

P990i + BT30Q

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-05-22 09:00 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 19:47
I'll offer my services...

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-24 19:51
I should be able to offer my services too if needed!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-24 19:56
imo this idea really honoreable and very nice, but who would be ready to take over the responsibility for anybodies fone? like miklsp pointed ( and that was my first thought too ), if there is a hidden bug, whats up then? imo everybody should deal on their own. i have some really good friends who u trust my money or who trust me that much to send fone(s) with payment later, but thats another story, cos its in the background. as i see, the a to z thread is running brilliant, no need to expand in any way esato tradings, cos its just a bonus for us, not the real mission of the site, as i noticed it. i can imagine, that one day some of us will be ready to manage a kind of "easto trader thread", but thats another story.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 22:07
the middle person accepts no responsibility.. they are merely a holding point..
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 22:28
Well if need be, the middle man only need handle the cash.

Plus, its only optional.
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-25 06:50
ill help out
just put all your crap in a garbage bag and place it in the bin behind the strip joint!!
ill sort out the rest
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi