Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE failing in producing good phones?

Previous  123 ... 303132  Next
Author SE failing in producing good phones?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 09:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

Oh so sorry if the truth hurts but you all keep making these absurd claims that the N95 and Nokia are rubbish etc etc. So i thought stating the facts nice and clearly may help some of you actually try and understand the point we are making and no one has said you have to buy a Nokia or even like Nokia but to deny the facts is just plain stupid.

What exactly in my last post is untrue and the answer is nothing, what SE devices have any of these specs to compete with Nokia? None is the answer even Motorola have most of these specs in their UIQ3 device so even they are producing better tech than SE you may not like it but that is the truth plain and simple the P1 is only what the UIQ3 devices should of been on launch and it is already way out of date before it's even launched a year later.

@plankgatan
You are happy to say and make this big claim

i think the most of it, is pure bullshit ! (completley misleading and false).

Please enlighten us with your superior intellect and show us where these things are as IMO this only applies to the garbage that you post along with the other SE Fan Boys along with the personal insults and i hate Nokia all Nokia phones are rubbish comments which is an extremely immature way of posting and I am starting to believe that a lot of these posts are coming from spotty 14yr olds with no real understanding of the world they live in and is nothing more than the last resort of a defeated intellect.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-11 09:05 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 10:25

On 2007-06-11 09:35:18, Dogmann wrote:
Hi all,

Oh so sorry if the truth hurts but you all keep making these absurd claims that the N95 and Nokia are rubbish etc etc. So i thought stating the facts nice and clearly may help some of you actually try and understand the point we are making and no one has said you have to buy a Nokia or even like Nokia but to deny the facts is just plain stupid.

What exactly in my last post is untrue and the answer is nothing, what SE devices have any of these specs to compete with Nokia? None is the answer even Motorola have most of these specs in their UIQ3 device so even they are producing better tech than SE you may not like it but that is the truth plain and simple the P1 is only what the UIQ3 devices should of been on launch and it is already way out of date before it's even launched a year later.

Well it appears R6 firmware is now out so lets see just what this does for UIQ3 and if it resolves the memory leak problem or not. As let it face nearly a Year after launch this is getting more than a little silly now for what is meant to be SE's flagship devices that all sell brand new for less than the W880.

@plankgatan
You are happy to say and make this big claim

i think the most of it, is pure bullshit ! (completley misleading and false).

Please enlighten us with your superior intellect and show us where these things are as IMO this only applies to the garbage that you post along with the other SE Fan Boys along with the personal insults and i hate Nokia all Nokia phones are rubbish comments which is an extremely immature way of posting am starting to believe that a lot of these posts are coming from spotty 14yr olds with no real understanding of the world they live in and is nothing more than the last resort of a defeated intellect.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-11 08:53 ]

Great post again Marc. To date, no one has posted a comparison spec that is anywhere comparable to what Nokia is offering. We have statements extolling the virtues of Java, the disappointment in a 2 year old Nokia OS, but hardly non of the ever present short comings from a supposedly hi-tech mobile phone company.

*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
jlpk007
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 15:36
i am very tempted by nokia n80...(now is cheap,n95 too x for me)...this phone has WIFI,3G,Symbian s60 3rd edition ,FM,MP3...almost everything in a tiny box.....if only SE has one like these...i have been using k750i...is very happy with it...but it is time for me to look for a worthy replacement...
SaLiH
Apple iPhone 6
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:12
SE failing in producing good phones? - I think you won't agree with this three days from now!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/timemasters3/

[ This Message was edited by: SaLiH on 2007-06-11 15:12 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:38
@SaLiH,,
The problem is that maybe it is too late. I am sure I am not the only person to switch from SE to Nokia. If as little as 1% shifted, this represents quite a few ex-SE customers, thus revenue. For me, SE would have to create something pretty spectacular to come even close to the N95, and even if they do, I have seen SE's track record of addressing issues with their phones and their customer service. It is abysmal.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Adi23
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:53
sapporobaby that is so true it seems like they dont read forums such as these. Whereas it has proven that Nokia does because time and time again they have contacted forum owners asking them to remove pics of prototypes etc.

SE has been plagued with damaged EROM problems and WSOD problems since 2003 and they seem oblivious to this problem.

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:56
C'mpn guys, have you not got anything else to say?

There are new phones coming out in a few days time, lets see whats on offer then.

P990i + BT30Q

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-06-11 16:02 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 16:59

On 2007-06-11 09:08:18, plankgatan wrote:
maybe a like SE more then Nokia (why shouldnt i). just read the thread and you see thats not just me who think most of this thread is really misleading, false (and pure bullshit).

edit. sapporobaby & QVGA, do you really think im care what you guys say. (it allways you guys who complaining).

Look most of your posts are saying how its bull shit. Look, how old are you? 9, 10? If you dont like the thread dont post. Your just making you look like a idiot
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 17:02

On 2007-06-11 16:12:27, SaLiH wrote:
SE failing in producing good phones? - I think you won't agree with this three days from now!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/timemasters3/

[ This Message was edited by: SaLiH on 2007-06-11 15:12 ]

Sadly this is not the case. Just becasue SE are going to release a phone that looks like its in a ring case dosnt mean its going to change views. Especialy about Sapporo saying SE use 5 yr old technology! I found that startiling!
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 17:08
I may change the thread name because a few people are comenting on it. Im not going to change it however if you guys dont approve. When you have posted what ever you want to say, right a little note at the bottom and say weather you aggree with me and what you think it should be called. Thanks!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 17:29
@SaLiH

I hope you are right this time but i was told the same thing about the 8th May announcements also and we all know what happened then. If they launch new models but still use the same processor and graphics chips it won't matter how beautiful they are to me they will be non starters and the same goes if they don't have HSDPA.

To be honest even if they have all the things i want/need i will still have to wait till after they have been released and are proven to perform as advertised as the M600 experience is still fresh in my mind and i am not going down that road again but i really do hope that SE have pulled there finger out and deliver this time as IMO it is long overdue, only 3 days and then we will know one way or the other and they will need to be released this year also.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-11 16:29 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 19:31
Now this may be a reason why "se are failing to produce good phones":

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k810-1839.php

If thats SE's current flagship how come it gets such a low score

And why do they win the awards again for best mobile handset 2007 when k800 is 1. made in 2006 and 2. cant compare to the new phones now out.

Were was the phone n95 in the award?

Why does the year old k800 get best handset were its now a year old, developed in 2006, using 5 yr old technology as sapporo said and cant compare to new phones??????

[ This Message was edited by: KingBooker5 on 2007-06-11 18:33 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 20:01

On 2007-06-11 19:31:13, KingBooker5 wrote:
Now this may be a reason why "se are failing to produce good phones":

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k810-1839.php

If thats SE's current flagship how come it gets such a low score

And why do they win the awards again for best mobile handset 2007 when k800 is 1. made in 2006 and 2. cant compare to the new phones now out.

Were was the phone n95 in the award?

Why does the year old k800 get best handset were its now a year old, developed in 2006, using 5 yr old technology as sapporo said and cant compare to new phones??????

[ This Message was edited by: KingBooker5 on 2007-06-11 18:33 ]

Is it a smartphone? Does it run more than just Java?

My god this is getting boring and predictable. Time to close this thread. It has run its course.

-/..../../...//.../../-/.//../...//--./---/../-./--.//-/---//-/...././/-../-

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2007-06-11 19:04 ]
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 20:16
I remember I moved from nokia to SE at the time the T610 was released because it was better featured and much more desirable then Nokias phones.

Right now Nokia have the N95, and SE are yet to release the K850i. Although the N95 is a lot better featured then what SE currently has, I desire the T650i purely for its looks and size rather then the N95.

I have never been a fan of brick sized phones and never will be. Surely the N95 has great features, but I wouldnt like to carry one around in my pocket.

Nokia have always been first with the new technology on brick sized phones, then SE usually come along a while later with slimmed down nicer looking versions which I would rather have.

There is absolutely nothing that would convince me to get the N95 over the T650i, even if they were the same price.
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-11 20:19
Nokia also has smaller sized phones like N73, N76.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic