Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE failing in producing good phones?

Previous  123 ... 29 303132  Next
Author SE failing in producing good phones?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 10:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Max,

Dude, you are a bit off base here. No one, thinks or is treating you as though you are stupid. Also, no one here has to agree with every thing you or anyone else says. This is called having a personal opinion. In my experiences with SE, I have been disappointed, disappointed and disappointed. To the point where I find satisfaction and what I need in another manufacturer. SE has been long on promise and short on delivery. Fact, fact, fact. Their current phone line-up is proof of this. In short SE is not the phone for me. Bottom line. Great they have Java, so does Nokia, Samsung, Motorola. To some degree, they are all implementing it in their devices to various levels of success and functionality, but this is only one technology, and it seems that you are building your hopes and argument on this one thing. I tend to look at a total package for my needs. Without giving away the store, I can tell you that Nokia has looked at and is considering touch screens but guess what Max, the world is not clamoring for them, only a few which is why Nokia is not putting them in their phones. The moment this changes, Nokia is more than capable and ready to make the switch, but until then TS will remain a niche market which SE has heavily invested in without, in my opinion, much return.

In the end, I still stand by my argument that for the moment, Nokia has the upper hand in innovation and not simply repackaging their phones.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-06-09 01:35 ]
[/quote]
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 10:19

On 2007-06-09 10:15:30, QVGA wrote:

On 2007-06-09 10:05:03, plankgatan wrote:
im so god dame tired of this smart-phone-bullshit.

N95 software dosent even work properley. big deal to have a smart-phone when you cant use it.

if you're tired you can just stop posting here because you've been saying the same old crap you did when you first came here.

He has no other argument. You can see from his logic that he is limited in his responses and intellect.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 10:24

On 2007-06-09 10:19:39, sapporobaby wrote:

N95 software dosent even work properley. big deal to have a smart-phone when you cant use it.

if you're tired you can just stop posting here because you've been saying the same old crap you did when you first came here.

He has no other argument. You can see from his logic that he is limited in his responses and intellect.

You make him look like an idiot. Plankgaton, if you want to go and talk completly of topic go to another thread with all due respect!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 10:30

On 2007-06-09 10:24:42, KingBooker5 wrote:

On 2007-06-09 10:19:39, sapporobaby wrote:

You make him look like an idiot. Plankgaton, if you want to go and talk completly of topic go to another thread with all due respect!

Wrong my friend. Every time he opens his mouth he makes himself look more like an idiot. We just supply the issues, he supplies the stupidity. Win-win. He is such great entertainment.

KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 10:35
What irritates me to a certain degree, is the firmware in SE phones.
When ever SE first release a new phone, there will always be a bug and they wait forever to fix the problem! Were as nokia do it as quickly as possible. It seems that nokia have the more "love" you could say for its customours then SE do. 2 years to this day, the latest walkman phones have the dreadful hiss. If they were really botherd about there customours they would fix the hiss as soon as possible. 2 years is just a joke. Most SE's are very simmiler aswell with maybe one or two extra features added in and give it a ridiculous price tag. Like sapporo says, they just repackage there products and have the nerve to call it a sucssesor where its the same god damned phone!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 02:41
@KingBooker5

When i said SE are the most innovative I'm afraid that was sarcasm Ericsson where and the fact is Nokia now are they moved onto the Texas OMAP chips that run @330mhz+ and have full graphics chips that enable VGA 640x 480 30fps Video recording. They have HSDPA and EDGE and cover more bands, they have WiFi G and VOIP and have implemented Upnp with home media software, they use 16m colour screens these are the leading edge techs that they equip there phones with and proves that they are indeed innovative. SE even in the P1 are still using the now very old Phillips Nexperia chip and the Power VR MBX lite chip as they have done for ages they are only now putting in WiFi and using the old B version. If you feel any of this is important to you or not is irrelevant this is the proof of how far more advanced on manufacturer is over the other and this is not speculation it is hard facts.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-06-11 08:37 ]
de_construct
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 05:29
Yet another pointless anti-SE thread.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 08:07

On 2007-06-11 05:29:53, de_construct wrote:
Yet another pointless anti-SE thread.

Another pointless post. Actually if you had bothered to read this thread, you would have seen that this is probably one of the better discussion threads running in this forum, but that requires Thinking.

plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 08:42
wooaahh, sapporobaby, this must be one of the best threads i ever read, or ?

i think the most of it, is pure bullshit ! (completley misleading and false).

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-06-11 07:47 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 08:45

On 2007-06-11 08:42:21, plankgatan wrote:
wooaahh, sapporobaby, this must be one of the best threads i ever read. i think the most of it, is pure bullshit !

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-06-11 07:44 ]

Your stupid non-sensical post naturally don't count because, well they are stupid, and show your lack of knowledge, but other than that most of the posts here were quite well informed. Maybe next time you will learn to speak when you know what you are talking about and stop being embarrassed.

QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-11 08:48

i think the most of it, is pure bullshit !

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-06-11 07:45 ]

why do you visit these forums? your posts are crap, you posts are non sense, you're a FAN BOY, you say pointless stuff. i think by now you should learn hardly anyone cares about what you write, yet you continue to.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 08:59

On 2007-06-11 08:48:04, QVGA wrote:

i think the most of it, is pure bullshit !

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-06-11 07:45 ]

why do you visit these forums? your posts are crap, you posts are non sense, you're a FAN BOY, you say pointless stuff. i think by now you should learn hardly anyone cares about what you write, yet you continue to.

Eloquently put.

plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 09:08
maybe a like SE more then Nokia (why shouldnt i). just read the thread and you see thats not just me who think most of this thread is really misleading, false (and pure bullshit).

edit. sapporobaby & QVGA, do you really think im care what you guys say. (it allways you guys who complaining).
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-11 09:13

On 2007-06-11 09:08:18, plankgatan wrote:
maybe a like SE more then Nokia (why shouldnt i). just read the thread and you see thats not just me who think most of this thread is really misleading, false (and pure bullshit).

edit. sapporobaby & QVGA, do you really think im care what you guys say. (it allways you guys who complaining).

your posts are BS, even a 3yr would tell that. look back and see if any of them makes sense or not. you've ruined this thread and you ruined another similar thread, please do us a favor and don't post in these threads because you dont know jack about what you're speaking!
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 09:14
max_wedge

While exlusive smartphone users such as yourself have been looking down your noses at non-smartphone users, believing only a smartphone is suitable for a "power user", you have missed completely the revolution in JAVA.

You are forgetting that Java is as good as what the underlying phone OS can perform. Java cannot and will never be an entire phone OS. There are many things JAVA cannot do like having server/daemon app, cooperating or pre-emptive tasks.

One functionality that I cannot do without (and which no Java app can do) is to have an advanced profile and call management system. I have app in my N95 which can automatically change the phone profile based on calendar entries. So if I have a meeting scheduled in calendar, the phone auto change to "meeting" profile during meeting period and revert to previous profile after the meeting. This is not the end. Whenever the "meeting" profile is activated, the call filtering/answering prog is automatically started as well to divert non important calls to in-phone answering and important calls to ring.

I tried the N70, and even without it's crashes I still prefer the K750, and given that I can seem to find more useful applications on the java platform, have felt let down by the N70 as an application platform.

More useful Java app?? All I can say to you is that you look but do not see what S60 apps can do. And I think you are not using your N70 capabilities. N70 can also perform the same profile/call mgt as I stated above. Have you tried to let your phone automatically do stuff for you?? - like handling your calls? or schedule sms to be automatically sent to persons having birthday today? or to periodically remind you if you have unread messages/missed calls? or to automatically record phone conversations of all/specified persons?. This can go on and on but looks like you have not tried any of these at all.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 29 303132  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic