Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE failing in producing good phones?

123 ... 303132  Next
Author SE failing in producing good phones?
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 10:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I’m just wondering if sony ericsson are failing in producing great phones to the same extent they were doing 2 years ago.
They have had the k800 for some time now and instead of a mass company like sony comepeting with the likes of the n95 they make a k810, identical to the k800!! What’s the point? Come on its sony! Isn’t this the same company who make PSP's and HD Tvs??
I don’t no why they don’t put all their finest features into one phone e.g a walkman 2.0 or higher with cyber-shot camera, complete with sat nav and tv! This will make the n95 and even nokia's corporation crumble. The thing Sony have over nokia is that sony make almost everything to do with technology while nokia only make phones.
Sony could easily have the best phone in the known world come out if they use all their advantages but instead they feel like putting each of them into one device and make another feature incredibly weak. E.g Good camera on k800 but worse media player, great media player on w850 but terrible camera. Why dont they put all of them in once??
The w880 has just been released and in about a years time it is already confirmed that its successor will have a radio and that’s it. I don’t think Sony don’t no what a successor is if they put in one feature a k700 has into a 3G phone like w880.
What do you lot think??
amanno1
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 10:56
Firstly it's sony ericsson and not sony.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:00
I have to agree. The company is Sony Ericsson. Not Sony. Apples and oranges. Your comparing TV's to phones show how little you know about consumer products, however you are correct. I no longer use SE (that's Sony Ericsson for you) products anymore and have become the proud owner of a Nokia N95. Even with its current faults, beats anything SE has on the market.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jenova
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:12
Yes i think they are turning the corner with the coming p1,and some where they will combine walkman and cybershot
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:26
I have a feeling innovations on phones might reach a bit of a plateau now, maybe see more 'totally integrated' devices with built it sat-nav but that's it.

Most people seem happy just calling, texting and taking the odd picture, and don't use the more advanced functions on their phone much, if at all!

Though I would like to see more well-rounded 'Jack of all trades' phones, a 'la W800i, W8810i, and not the current SE trend for ' phone with comparatively crap camera' or 'Cyber-Shot phone with relatively crap music player'. I miss those phones with both features!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

gaming_guy
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:36

On 2007-05-13 11:26:14, Sammy_boy wrote:
Though I would like to see more well-rounded 'Jack of all trades' phones, a 'la W800i, W8810i, and not the current SE trend for ' phone with comparatively crap camera' or 'Cyber-Shot phone with relatively crap music player'. I miss those phones with both features!

i do as well, but the w610i has a AF camera. i would like to see something along the links of a k800i with a player

K700i > K750i > K810i (current phone)
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:43
in my point of view;

ever since nokia has raised the standards of a "good phone" to the new and fully featured phone marketing strategy in an effort to show it's company's size prowess. and the people, are usually hungry for such things that even though they don't need certain things they want it to their phone even though it's too redundant on their lifestyle because it is what they see on the market. i don't mean that it's bad to try new things but, answer me do we really need those new things? people have different lifestyles and having it a "jack-of-all trades" thing wont be such an advantage to cover all people's lifestyle because theres always disadvantage, and that disadvantage may affect other people. so they stick to the phone that betterly suits them(simple phone with enough good functions) SE imho understands that so they don't rush, or put all things on the table to make a mess. same as Samsung, Motorola, LG and other phone manufacturers so we can't see their phones as highly spec'd as nokia phones did. i see that all those companies(except nokia) target the "thing" that matters most; design and function balance. nokia as of now can hardly show us a feature packed phone with excellent design as we did seen on those brands. this is why i mean when i said "theres always a disadvantage". so imho THERES NO POINT to say SE FAILS TO PRODUCE GOOD PRODUCTS... analyst may understand that so nokia is now very different to those other giants as opposed "before".
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:48
add to my previous post,

motorola and SE have feature packed phones in the form of A and P series, nokia have phones in at least in PAR of their technology; the featurepacked 9xxx series. but now Nokia tends to be too high in their standards in their smartphones as motorola did on Q series and SE on the P-series smarthones.
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 11:54
A series?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-13 12:16
moto a920, a925 and a1000
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 12:21

On 2007-05-13 11:48:29, razec wrote:
add to my previous post,

motorola and SE have feature packed phones in the form of A and P series, nokia have phones in at least in PAR of their technology; the featurepacked 9xxx series. but now Nokia tends to be too high in their standards in their smartphones as motorola did on Q series and SE on the P-series smarthones.

On PAR you say. Name one SE phone that can compete with the N95. Buggy software aside as Nokia and SE phones are laden with it but, right now Nokia is leading the pack. Expect to see more phones from Nokia's competitors to start having GPS built in.

As for cameras. Let's be realistic. A camera in a phone is for the most part nothing to write home about. If you want to take great shots, get a real camera. Don't use a camera phone and complain about the low quality in the shots.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 12:35

On 2007-05-13 12:16:11, BobaFett wrote:
moto a920, a925 and a1000

Of course Boba knows.

Greetings you my friend, and happy Mothers day to your mom and sister.

Samlala
W910 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 13:18

On 2007-05-13 11:00:51, sapporobaby wrote:
I have to agree. The company is Sony Ericsson. Not Sony. Apples and oranges. Your comparing TV's to phones show how little you know about consumer products, however you are correct. I no longer use SE (that's Sony Ericsson for you) products anymore and have become the proud owner of a Nokia N95. Even with its current faults, beats anything SE has on the market.

proud owner yourself buddy we feel very lucky not to hav n95
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-13 13:46
eventhough I am a nokia fan, I dont agree that SE dont produce good phone. They do produce phones which consumer wants (their market share is going up isnt it) and anything that is wanted is good.

I think all the mourning here is that SE dont produce good HIGH-TECH cutting edge phone compared to Nokia. This is to be expected because Nokia spends more on a smartphone platform (S60) development. And smart OS is a pre-requisite for a so-called "multimedia computer". While Nokia is busy perfecting their S60, SE is busy doing their walkman neglecting the UIQ.

Once you have an advanced platform like S60, you could easily deliver new advanced phone with high-end spec at a much shorter time span.
I know many of you dont like WM but the fact is with the WM smartphone platform, HTC easily outgun SE in the business phone segment.
Tehy03
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-13 13:48
I think Sony Ericsson is now just trying to gain more market share and you can't do that with high end phones...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic