Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sony Ericsson Launches P1 qwerty Smartphone

Previous  123 ... 4647 484950  Next
Author Sony Ericsson Launches P1 qwerty Smartphone
remirez
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-07-21 15:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Doggman

I don't think you would have to congratulate SE really boy. They don't pay your salary, don't put food on your table and don't save lives.

However they do produce mobile phones with different shapes and specs.

What you could do (and that's COULD, so you don't have to if you don't want to) is to read the specs carefully. If a phone matches your required specs, you can then try to buy the aforementioned phone at the best price possible.

Just my 2 cents.

@Masseur: Sorry

[ This Message was edited by: remirez on 2007-07-21 14:40 ]
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-07-21 16:07

On 2007-07-21 14:21:34, phoneboy wrote:
Dogmannn why do you have to continually try and put SE down, all you've had is negative comments and post the same comments in all the P1i threads, what's the point? are you some sort of nokia lover!!

I think you have misunderstood dogmann. I am a P990 owner and was looking closely at the P1 (and before anyone throws accusations at me, I haven't owned a Nokia since the 8210). I am worried because I see a similar pattern with P1 that led us to our currently disgusting situation regarding P990 and SE. There were a lot of promises about the P990 but before a year is over and with a huge number of bugs remaining, SE decided to stop support for the P990. After an unexpected (by SE) wave of protests by users, SE decided to make a final fw update in August in an effort to avoid consumer law suits. I have very little expectation from that fw and unfortunately the P990 will remain ignored by SE with all its bugs.
The P1 has the same base code as the P990 and will probably benefit from the bug list created for the P990 (here's a list of bugs with the latest fw http://uiq3.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/R6D23 ). How much of it SE is willing or able to fix will be seen in the August fw.
Nowadays the P990 sells for half the price I paid for it 9 months ago. In its current condition I believe SE has not delivered the product it advertised.
Now, with all the promises regarding the P1, we'll see how much of it is delivered. I really wish someone would check their P1 as soon as they get it against the list of bugs at the link given above.
All indications are that P1 is an interim product to fill in the time between the P990 disaster and the P990 successor to be announced in 2008. How long do you think SE will continue support for the P1?
In short, SE has lost all credibility in my eyes as far as the smart phone market is concerned. It will take a great product, time and an effort at customer relations to get that back.

[ This Message was edited by: makbil on 2007-07-21 15:11 ]
phoneboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-21 16:14

On 2007-07-21 15:22:47, Dogmann wrote:
@phoneboy

Why can't you handle the truth? why do you feel the need to protect anything SE do however wrong it is.

Lets congratulate SE for launching a range of devices that were premium products at premium prices that weren't fit for release. Lets congratulate SE for stopping supporting under a Year old product that still has issues. Lets congratulate SE for being as all of that makes perfect sense only if you are insane as that is what you would have to be to consider those actions to be the right and roper way of dealing with your customers.

By the same token why do you feel the need to ignore all these things and pretend everything is perfect?

Marc

http://dogmann.vox.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-21 14:23 ]

So are you telling me that the N95 was perfect on release, it's still far from great now and there have been firmware updates which still have not addressed certain issues. All i can tell you is that i usually swap handsets at least once every 45 days because i like a change and from using both Nokia and SE handsets as well as Blackberry and even a vertu i still think SE release the better handsets.
remirez
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-07-21 16:16
It's ok to vent your disappointment once or twice here and there, because you feel that SE failed you or didn't meet your expectations.

That's perfectly fine, it's a forum so we all know everyone won't be agreeing with each other and that's what makes a forum interesting.

However several people here (me included) think that Doggman more than debating is getting on with a pretty tiring propaganda. Whatever thread about the P1 we chose, he will be there stating that the specs of the P1 are outdated (that's a respectable point of view), that he's been cheated by SE, and that we shouldn't buy SE product.

Now, I'm certainly not a fanboy as I've had Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sagem and SE phones over the last 6-7 years but I consider that I'm old enough to make my own decision by weighing the pros and cons against a price tag.
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 02:49
I can't object to what you have said remirez...Without making it about people, I also agree that the build quality of SE is generally better than Nokia and that of the P990 is really top quality, I hope P1 is the same.
As I stated before, I am very interested in learning where the P1 stands with regards to the bug list.
Please, as soon as someone gets the retail version of P1 try the bugs in the list. (Especially interested in #s: 4, 11, 24, 51, 59, 68, 74, 96)

I'm hoping that SE makes good use of the bug list and the P1 doesn't have them, which in turn could mean that the August fw update for the P990 could also reflect this.

[ This Message was edited by: makbil on 2007-07-22 01:52 ]
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 04:42
since voip is NOT on the phone's official spec sheet, then it is pretty much a given that it is a 3rd party app. isn't skype, if as you say it may be, a 3rd party?

On 2007-07-21 14:01:59, Dogmann wrote:
@senninha

SE didn't say it would be a 3rd party app they said it would have a VOIP app which was even rumoured by some to mean a Skype app. Even reviews mention this now missing feature. Just what is going on at SE when they say one thing and then by launch it's not there and this is not the first time either is it, Mac support for the P990 a battery that became a Typo a device that is working well are just some of the things SE are happy to claim and not deliver.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-21 13:02 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 04:50
@remirez and all.

Please show one post where i have said don't buy SE anywhere? Yes i point out the facts and voice MO but what is wrong with that i am not makeing things up or telling lies. Why do we need to hide from the truth also why when discusiing an SE prouduct what possible relevance does how good or bad any another prouduct is, none is the simple answer.

I speak my mind and voice my opinions if you like them or not but please stop saying i have said things i haven't or back them up with posts as everytime some one does this i prove them to be liars, otherwise these are just the arguments of a defeated intellict.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-22 07:44 ]
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 11:07
@senninha, there is a VoIP program available that works on P990, ( www.fring.com )
It was announced by SE as the VoIP program developed by their partners.
It should also work on P1.
I have tested fring on my P990, it works pretty well but is very RAM hungry. With the increased RAM that should not be a problem in the P1.

P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 17:39
i heard somewhere (from ares maybe) that the P1 version of fring is different from that of the P990, but that it is under development and should be out soon.
Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-07-23 01:21
does p1 have gps guys??
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2007-07-23 01:49
No, but there is a GPS accessory you can buy (HGE-100).

Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-07-23 01:58
ok thanks its good
saab_rider
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 04:16
Guys,
for those of you who got/plan to get a P1i, did you find any P1i cases?

I hope people post links here like in the P990 thread...

The dimensions are different from the M600, so I don't think M600 cases would work...

BTW, according to SE, the HGE-100 isn't compatible with any of the UIQ phones (including the P1i).

[ This Message was edited by: saab_rider on 2007-07-25 04:52 ]
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-25 14:18

On 2007-07-21 16:16:34, remirez wrote:
However several people here (me included) think that Doggman more than debating is getting on with a pretty tiring propaganda. Whatever thread about the P1 we chose, he will be there stating that the specs of the P1 are outdated (that's a respectable point of view), that he's been cheated by SE, and that we shouldn't buy SE product.

Yes, most of the people can see that. He has always been a Nokia fan and it's not the first time when he goes out of his way to praise Nokia and to throw mud at SE. That's ok with me, I stoped reading his posts a long time ago.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 14:33
@All

Please stop talking rubbish i have only used Nokia's for just over a Year so get you facts straight before making false accusations. I also don't go around praising just Nokia phones either go read some of the Motorola posts and you will see how wrong you are.

If and when SE release a device that deserves praise i will praise it and buy it so just stop all this rubbish you keep stating as facts. As if you think my posts were boring yours are even worse as they are lies and uncalled for personal attacks. Mine at last are about the facts If not prove these wild assumptions you are all happy to jump to which of course you can't. Just grow up and stop hiding and denying the truth.

I had stopped posting in the Symbian Forum for now but if you continue to personally attack me i will of course respond and not everyone agrees with you half a dozen or so SE zealots so just get over it and grow up.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-07-25 13:36 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 4647 484950  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic