Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > To users of T200: I found how to connect faster than 9600 via cable!!!

Author To users of T200: I found how to connect faster than 9600 via cable!!!
vital_lunokhod
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-22 12:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys,

The problem was, as I wrote, in 9600 bps limit for any connection. It worked with Windows (due to the same 9600 bps port setting, as I found), and worked with Palm and Mac - only if you set your serial port speed to 9600.

Any other port speed caused to silence from phone hardware. And just today I found how to change it to any other speed! It was so easy...

First connect to PC and set port speed to 115200, modem speed to 9600. Use Query modem in modem properties - and you see that modem answers all parameters one of that is "+IPR=9600". Here's the point! Now you go to Hyperterminal application, say "cancel" to "new connection" dialogue, in empty screen type AT - it answers OK.

Now write:
AT+IPR=57600;&W

Then check that you have set higher speed:
AT+IPR?

It replies "57600"

CHEERS! Now you do disonnect and go to modem properties and set modem speed to 57600. Enjoy!

Note: for Palm you should set same port speed - 57600. Same to Mac - open Mac script and in the beginning set "57600" there you see 115200. Both lines.

And do not use AT&F command anywhere - it will reset modem to default 9600! You can, however, turn off and on the phone but +IPR speed settings remains at 57600.

(The only problem is - I still don't understand WHY Ericsson did such a stupid setting as default=9600 and WHY they told nothing about how to change it... BTW they didn't reply on my question that I sent to their support...)
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-11-22 14:05
I hate to disapoint you, but I don't think the change will contribute to any major change of the modem speed. According to the documentation for the AT commands for the modem:

AT+IPR Cable Interface Port Rate
Description: Specifies the data rate, in addition to 1200 bits/s or 9600 bits/s, at which the DCE will accept commands. May be used to select operation at rates at which the DCE is not capable of automatically detecting the data rate being used by the DTE.

Set command: AT+IPR=[]
Read command: AT+IPR? Displays the current setting.
Test command: AT+IPR=? Shows if the command is supported.
Test command response:
+IPR: (list of supported auto detectable s)[,(list of fixed-only s)].

You still are limited to 9600 baudrate unless you use HSCSD
vital_lunokhod
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-22 14:37
Yes, I told that the problem was just to communicate to modem hardware on any speed but 9600 only. My local GPRS provider gives up to 43kbs, but I was unable to get it - Win or Palm or Mac serial port should be limited to 9600 - overwise you can't send commands to modem and start dialing!!!

Merlin91
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-15 18:10
Hi, i have a problem with my sonyericsson t226.
I want to connect to internet using Hyperterminal but i dont know the correct secuence of AT+ commands.
I try a lot but without success. The APN is already setup in my cellular phone with the correct name of the APN for internet and the CID=1.

When I type ATD*99***1# in the display of my cellular appear the message "CONECTING" AND DOESN´T STOP!!! and in the Hyperterminal appear the message "CONNECT"

What is wrong???

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi