Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > HCB-30 Bluetooth carkit release date

Author HCB-30 Bluetooth carkit release date
annax
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-18 18:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Okay - it's really poor quality. New digital camera for Xmas, I think (or maybe some talent!)

I've also done some moving footage, which I will upload as soon as I have a laptop in working order with a firewire port.

annax

annax
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 17:10
Oh, and the install cost me GBP 50+vat = £58.75 - not bad for a truly professional job. They've hidden the main bluetooth box behind the glove box actually on the back of the tilting bit, so the serial port is still available should I ever need it. They've done all the ducting so that the control panel is presented right by the steering wheel on the only bit of flat panel in my Probe. The microphone uses the velcro pad to stick straight onto the internal fabric roof, by the light panel unit. Again, neatly tucked into the moulded plastics and routed to the main unit.

I definitely did not have the tools for this job..! And I have a large pile of tools.

As for the illumination, against the green of my Probe's dials it might not be the best, but my radio has switchable green/blue/red illumination so I can choose what suits best.

Gorilla800lbs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 23:13
Thanks for the pics and install observations!! I am now definitely picking one up for X-mas! Expansys.com now has both the unit and advance mute, which I shall procure and post my impressions once I set it up.
chris.oleary
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-07-16 11:57
the address for the installation manual has changed to http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/CWS31_GSD_HCB_30_Installation_Instructions_27_0_1090.pdf
steveg944
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-09-02 21:35
I just installed the HCB-30 and the Advanced Music Mute in my 1999 miata. It works very well, even the Voice Activated Dialing. In my opinoin it was an easy install.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi