Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > How to connect Laptop to internet (3G) using Bluetooth and M600i?

Author How to connect Laptop to internet (3G) using Bluetooth and M600i?
vigants
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-16 10:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello!

I have searched over many topics, but unfortunatelly haven't found answer.

So. I have an Laptop with bluetooth module. I have M600i (R9EC001) with data subscription (tested... works fine).

Laptop and Phone are connected with Bluetooth (Paired, tested)

Now the question:
How to get Laptop work with phones internet access (GPRS and/or 3G)?

PS
The IT staff say it should be configured as an modem and maximum speed will be 56kbit.... it is not ok for me... I want to use full potential of 3G data access...
himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-16 11:45
if you have the option to use datacable i'd suggest you use it.
because it works very easy when you like to setup a connection with the m600. the ericsson software (provided with your phone, or found on their website) got a very easy wizard. it 'reads' all your accesspoints stored on your m600. it's simply select the one you need, and press connect
artesea
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-16 14:02
just use the PC suite wizard.
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-04-16 16:22
@vigants,
why would you want to bluetoth it? as previous poster mentioned: usb-connection much faster, and your phone charges at the same time... rather than being sucked dry using bluetooth which means you'd have to have it plugged into mains for longer internet sessions anyway... so, you'd only replace one cable with another... If you're on the road the bluetooth would suck laptop and phone dry even faster and things bite their own tails ad absurdum...so??? [addsig]
ChrissyG
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 04:20
Ignoring all the contra-indications (power source etc.), is there an answer to the original question? Say I don't have the USB cable, can I connect my pc to the 'net via bluetooth to my M600i and get 3g speeds?
Nyb
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 04:24
yes there is an answer. you have to use the m600i as a wireless bluetooth modem.
ryolasta
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 05:09

On 2007-04-16 10:58:46, vigants wrote:
Hello!

I have searched over many topics, but unfortunatelly haven't found answer.

So. I have an Laptop with bluetooth module. I have M600i (R9EC001) with data subscription (tested... works fine).

Laptop and Phone are connected with Bluetooth (Paired, tested)

Now the question:
How to get Laptop work with phones internet access (GPRS and/or 3G)?

PS
The IT staff say it should be configured as an modem and maximum speed will be 56kbit.... it is not ok for me... I want to use full potential of 3G data access...

hey.... what kind of IT staff dare saying something like that????

u can use your M600 as bluetooth modem and get fullspeed of 3G Network. believe me. i already tried in my M600 and P990i. both work smoothly.

have u search google? i have found several articles discussing about this matter.

first, please check your bluetooth driver. is it bluesoleil or Widcomm?? if it's bluesoleil... it's easy since they have an graphic interface.. just follow the wizard. if it is microsoft driver... than u should disable it first. please search on google how to do it. MS driver for bluetooth is useless for me.

if u're using widcomm driver (I assume that u have paired an installed all bluetooth services of your phone)... just right click the bluetooth icon on systry.... choose dial up networking... chose your M600 phone... and voila...the dial up window shall appear. I assume u have set the gprs setting in your M600, and you only have 1 internet account in your M600. So, just put *99***1# in the dial-up number, fill the user id and password provided by your GSM carrier.... and that's it. just dial..... and u're connected to internet (3G perhaps???) through your M600 as bluetooth modem.

hope this helps...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi