Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > which is th best way to kill a P990i?

Author which is th best way to kill a P990i?
menace1234
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-31 23:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
probably just corrupt the memory card and just mess up the screen. SO far i like burning it with light fluid and tom&jerry style..

I might light it on fire, sling it across a field and then run my car over it..!

keep 'em coming, i'll probably do this by the end of April...!
kradcliffe
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-03-31 23:41
I'm going to send a link of this thread to SE customer support - it sums up perfectly the feeling of some users having encountered probably one of the worst attempts at a prototype ever made.

Of course it will be met with the usual "update your firmware" reply.

SE are f**kin' useless. Someone needs to put their top dogs on a customer awareness course. Shocking ....

[ This Message was edited by: kradcliffe on 2007-03-31 22:43 ]
noblewolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 00:44
i've been a user of p series since p800 and i admit i just upgraded to p990i because it's my trend. to upgrade to the latest p-series everytime there's one available.

it's a shame that p800 starts at 42% of 16MB of RAM at start up while p990i only starts at 25% of 64MB(R9EC001), with all those animations and all. by the end of the day p800 still has 42% without apps running while p990i only has 12% left due to memory leaks.. i wonder where did the brains of SE's engineers go. they packed it with features that the hardware cant support just to rake in money waving it in the whole wide world that this phone has business card scanner with ocr support, this and that and all... what a humour. i aint regretting with the phone that i have now, why? because i have no other choice. that's it. so i cant blame these guys who wants to run over their p990i's like sanababitches because they are expecting to upgrade to a better phone with that worth and not to downgrade..and that's what i feel right now as well. i tried having my phone restarted while in the middle of an international long distance call closing a Php6.2M deal with this rich old fart. and told me it decided to take a break to its own accord to optimize its performance..for the next 3hours. i have this mindset that SE is better than Nokia before but now, SE is getting the smaller slice of the cake. about the new firmware for free update? i doubt it.

now, am i correct or am i correct?
no matter how wicked it is, i wont use a phone unless it's a sony ericsson!
T68i>P800>P900>P910i>and ahhmm..p990i
kradcliffe
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 01:36
You are entirely correct. A higher spec phone with significantly less operating RAM is just plain dumb.

[ This Message was edited by: kradcliffe on 2007-04-01 00:40 ]
noblewolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 01:52
exactly..and what the fu*k will i do with business card scanner and animations? do you always scan business cards everyday? the removal of the 5-dimensional jog dial and app picker made a lot of difference. it made it harder to navigate. and it just made the phone look like the old nokia 6600 a friend used to have because of the absence of app picker. and duh?! slide lock? wtf?!?! buttons are scattered all around the phone you might risk dropping the phone on one hand operation..

SE should have known this issue before releasing it. of course, what is beta test for? so they did it with intentions. just a forecast, SE might just created a profit pool out of us guys who bought this phone. how? perhaps future firmwares wont be for free anymore, why the f*ck will somebody bother to waste thousands of man-hours to develop a firmware and give it away to everybody whom he already earned from for free? also, bigger RAM chips anyone? hehehehe

and the rumour that SE discontinued P990i in their product line, of course they should, because they know who will buy the next buncha units anyway? hahahaha.. and oh, they discontinued it, are we still going to expect for support such as free firmwares?

owning the smartphone p990i is just a status symbol for me. because buying a smartphone not as smart as it should is not a smart decision at all. and people will think that you should have a whole buncha moolah, fat wallets and juicy bank accounts for you to have money to waste for this..

[ This Message was edited by: noblewolf on 2007-04-01 01:55 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-01 02:50
Why destroy it? Even if you're mad at it it'd be a real waste of a phone!

Try updating the firmware and see if that makes any difference to it's reliability

If not flog it on these boards!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 02:57
Sammy's right, give the phone to someone who'd like to have it, even though it has its shortcomings. Destroying it is immature imo.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
noblewolf
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 03:04
yeah updating the phone will help but just a little. there is still a memory leak and you really need to restart the phone every now and then. worse, phone will restart in the middle of a call. and give a client an impression that u hung up on his offer. and u cant call back because no number used to show for an international long distance call. and lose your commission.. now how does that feels like?

can someone create a program that lets you define a time to restart a phone while you sleep? it will sure be a best seller! hahahaha

[ This Message was edited by: noblewolf on 2007-04-01 02:08 ]
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 08:26

On 2007-04-01 03:04:25, noblewolf wrote:
..... and you really need to restart the phone every now and then. worse, phone will restart in the middle of a call.

If once in a week is every now and then than I agree with the above statement.
Regarding restarts in the middle of a call that never happened to me. So experiences are different.

It would be nice that you give your P990 to somebody who will be happy to have it. But for your own joy I suggest a big hammer (twice bigger than the phone) and a nice 180 degree move where P990 is the ending point.
yungfu
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 10:50
Id say take it apart and take pix so at least you can post a dissasembly guide. when youre done, its up to your imagination what you want to do with all those pieces.

lcd = utility knife
keyboard = lighter
camera = hammer

.....why end it in one blow i say.... hehehe
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 20:20

On 2007-03-31 23:02:07, BlacK Devil wrote:
try playing with a VERY powerfull magnet arround it while it's on

always wanted to see what happens

No need to kill it. Its already been discontinued.
antichrist
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 21:58
if you really want to kill a uiq 3,0 phone, send your p990 to me and i will destroy my m600. of course i will give it a week and if p990 is worse than m600, i will kill the p990 with a magnet, a hammer, boiled water, cigarettes, car fuel and with an compressed air gun.
so, what do you think?
menace1234
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 22:05
oh great... i've gone in next door to Carphone warehouse and i happen to know a few sharks in there. Had a look at the N95 and to my amazment it had impressed me. Shame it's not a touch screen, but i guess i can just about live with that. But all round 9/10 rating so far.... so this means i've already found a replacement for the poo990i

As for initial cost of the damn thing, well lets say it this way "f##k you Se, you didnt get my doe" .. f'##ing idiots think they can con me. And those who are after one... believe me, you're better off without it, stick to what ever u have, the p990i will be forgetten with the ages of time.

I had a thought, i want a method that would leave no traces of the damn thing.. i could bury it concrete... hmmm alive..
or something alike!

[ This Message was edited by: menace1234 on 2007-04-02 00:56 ]
Adz21
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-01 22:06
Is it insured? smash the screen and then claim it on your insurance. Say you banged in to a table corner and it smashed! get a brand spanking new sealed one and sell it on ebay! You get the satisfaction of smashing the screen and you make money off it too!
menace1234
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-01 22:21
@Adz21

one could consider that as fraud.
... i smile at utter chaos.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi