goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Ericsson Announces first HSDPA handset for North American market

26 March 2007

Highly stylish clamshell is ‘sexy on the outside and smart on the inside.’

Orlando, Florida at CTIA – March 26, 2007 – The Z750, announced today at CTIA, is Sony Ericsson’s first tri-band HSDPA phone for the North American Market. This highly stylish handset offers full broadband speed for accessing the web, handling email and picture blogging on the move.

A striking clamshell, the Z750 in Phantom Grey or Rose Pink has mirror-like qualities, hiding an external display that lights up to show an incoming call or text message. More than good looks, though, this phone packs the functionality to keep you up-to-speed, instantly and effortlessly, with updates from any number of sources – including the web, true push email and live tickertape RSS feeds that scroll across the phone desktop.

“Sony Ericsson wanted to make sure our first HSDPA handset was the perfect combination of style and function. As all know, HSDPA is a big leap forward in the speed of mobile functionality, but as always, Sony Ericsson does not deliver technology for its own sake,” says Miles Flint, global president of Sony Ericsson. “We believe the Z750 is such a compelling offer because not only will it be one of the best looking clamshells on the market, but it also provides the tools or applications which really let you get the most from these broadband speeds.”

“Sony Ericsson is continuing to deliver on the promise of the marriage of Sony and Ericsson with iconic products such as the Z750, says Najmi Jarwala, president, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, (USA) Inc. There is no question that HSDPA is critical for North American GSM operators, and we believe products like the Z750 will entice the mass market to tap into everything these faster networks enable consumers to do while on the move.”

The Z750 will be available first in North America before wider distribution to other global markets later in the year.

Of course, the Z750 is about more than looks and fast access to the web. A key challenge in today’s busy schedules is to stay up-to-date with the latest information. This HSDPA enabled phone is optimized to deliver the information that you want, when you want, straight to the desktop of your phone - whether this is notification of the latest news headlines via an RSS ticker scrolling across the screen or a traffic update just before you are due to leave work.

The Z750 isn’t all about work. The 2.0 megapixel camera takes great photos and the large 2.2” screen is perfect for sharing the results, as well as for viewing email and browsing the web. Thanks to the phone’s HSDPA capability, uploading your camera pictures to a blogsite can be done at broadband-speed, making it easy to keep your friends and family updated.

The Z750 also offers a media player that supports all the major music formats so you can enjoy your favorite songs while travelling. Additionally the Z750 provides a built-in FM radio with RDS and 3D gaming capabilities.

True Push-Email

For those consumers who might not be ready for a fully featured smart phone, the Z750 is the first Sony Ericsson handset to offer push email. On the Z750 consumers can easily send and receive email from wherever they need to work. The Z750 is Exchange ActiveSync enabled and supports wireless synchronization and Direct Push of email, calendar and contacts. Moreover, it also includes support for Java™ push mail solutions provided by third parties and leading email standards, such as POP/IMAP. With the extension of business email beyond just smart phones, Sony Ericsson offers businesses the scope to provide push email to a broader number of mobile professionals.

Next generation Java™ platform for Developers

The Z750 is the first phone based on Sony Ericsson’s Java™ Platform 8 (JP-8), also announced today, supporting Mobile Services Architecture (MSA) - JSR 248 - the next-generation Java™ umbrella standard. MSA aims to reduce fragmentation in the industry by creating a predictable environment for application developers, reducing porting issues when they develop new applications and games for the new generation of phones.

True Connectivity

An array of accessories (sold separately) is available for the Z750 including a fashionable Bluetooth headset such as the PV-705 Style Edition which complements the Rose Pink handset. Additionally high performance Bluetooth™ headsets including the HBH-GV435 and the HBH-IV835 offer longer-battery life so you can use them all day without re-charging. In areas where hands-free driving is required, consumers can easily connect their Z750 with Sony Ericsson’s HCB-100 or HCB-120 car handsfree kits.

The Z750 is a tri-band HSDPA (850/1900/2100), Quad-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) phone and will be available in selected markets from Q3 2007.

Full Specifications

Connectivity, Web and Email Full HTML browser with RSS Reader
Live Tickers & RSS Feeds
Customizable User Interface & desktop
Exchange ActiveSync advanced push email
POP3/IMAP4 email
SMS, EMS, MMS
Multi-client Instant Messaging support
Java™ MIDP 2.0

Imaging and Entertainment

OLED External Sub Display
2.2” QVGA 262k Colour TFT display
Picture Blogging
Video Blogging
2.0 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom
VGA video call camera (operator dependent)
PictBridge
Landscape media playback & browsing
Slideshow 2.0
FM Radio with RDS
Media Player
3D Gaming

Support

Offers Up to 32MB user memory
128MB Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™), with support up to 2GB Memory Stick
Bluetooth™ 2.0 EDR + Stereo
USB 2.0
MP3/AAC/AAC+/e-AAC+/WMA
FOTA
OMA DRM 2.0
MTP
SAIC
Speakerphone
Weight 110 grams

In-Box:

Stereo Headset
USB Cable DCU-60
PC Software (CD)
128MB Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™)
Color-matched drawstring pouch
Color-match lanyard (wrist strap)

Aftermarket Accessories– including:

Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-GV435
Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-IV835
Bluetooth™ Car Speakerphone
HCB-120
Bluetooth™ Car Handsfree HCB-700
Bluetooth™ Music Receiver MBR-100
Desk Stand CDS-60

Availability and versions

Tri-band HSPDA (850/1900/2100)
Quad-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900)
Colors: Rose Pink/Phantom Grey

Size: 97.4 mm x 49 mm x 20 mm

Talktime: GSM up to 9hrs/UMTS up to 3.5hrs

Standby time: GSM up to 400hrs/UMTS up to 350hrs

Available in selected markets from Q3 2007.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-03-27 12:01 ]
Horonaim
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:32
At last, an HSDPA phone.. although its like the Z610 and with FM radio.

[ This Message was edited by: Horonaim on 2007-03-26 13:33 ]
Swedish_Chef
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:33
Sony Ericsson supports next-gen Java

12:15, Mar 26th 2007 by Tim Green

Sony Ericsson has confirmed that the Z750 clamshell will be its first handset to support the next-generation Java standard, JSR-248.

This means it will support a range of new Java programming features including instant messaging/chat, presence-based functionality, banking, payment transactions, user ID and authentication through secure encryption, mapping and LBS. The new MSA umbrella standard (JSR-248) also aims to reduce fragmentation for the Java community

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/new[....]ricsson-supports-next-gen-Java

[ This Message was edited by: Swedish_Chef on 2007-03-26 13:35 ]
cristiano
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:34
it's funny
Z750 is clamshell mobile and it have 32mb inbuilt memory unlike W580 which is a mobile and it have only 12 mb
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:40
that's life! ironic!!!!
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 14:52

On 2007-03-26 14:34:34, cristiano wrote:
it's funny
Z750 is clamshell mobile and it have 32mb inbuilt memory unlike W580 which is a mobile and it have only 12 mb

The W580i does sound and look quite low-end to me so far.
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 15:05
Going to b my next 2nd phone! Like the style, n its screen res helps me make my decision!
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 15:06
Now,Thats a nice phone with good connectivity..
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 15:07
I really like the sound of Bluetooth 2.0EDR. Up to 3Mb/s transfer rate, which means it will just about keep up with HSDPA speeds. Wireless internet using your laptop + mobile will have improved speeds.
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 15:39
I hope this gets the Z610 colors too. And I see some of the K810 made it too
I don't want a signature anymore.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-03-26 16:09
Why is this thread in the rumours section.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 16:12
as much as we respect M-R, it is not officially announced by SE

see my post in the w580 thread
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 16:15
But then the pics look as official as ever, so I guess we'll get the 'official' announcemnt in the morning
I don't want a signature anymore.
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 17:05
What I said in the other thread...

The z750 seems to come with an improved UI and call buttons. Im very interested to see what these improvements are. Is this meant to be Irina?

anyone notice the z750 pic has a red phone key and a green phone key with a line through it. They look like they both END calls. And no back key?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 17:28
Yeah, I thought it was green for answer and red to hang-up.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi