Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How I fixed my k800i joystick - Step-by-step with pics

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author How I fixed my k800i joystick - Step-by-step with pics
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 13:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-05-25 02:35:14, James1000 wrote:
Is the K800 the successor to the K750?

In a way, yes. It's one of many in a long row of similar phone models, starting with T610 with built-in camera, radio, media player and big display. K700 is another model, with bigger display than before and with more internal memory. K750 was the first model that supported memory card (MemoryStick Duo).
K700i had the very same problem with worn-out joystick and I'm sorry so say, that like with the K700i, a malfunctioning joystick may not always be repaired by the method described in this thread. It may help a bit, but if the phone is taken care of by a SonyEricsson service center, the joystick contact mechanism will be soldered out and replaced by a new one. Furthermore, the method described here to remove the front with a pair of scissors actually breaks the front panel, since the spare part for the keyboard, which is mounted from the inside of the housing, comes in one single piece that shouldn't be taken apart.
[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2010-05-25 12:30 ]
strauts
W508 Orange
PM
Posted: 2010-05-25 19:18
and by the way, that k800 looks good, if you could to see my brothers k750(my first se) omg! No camera, no speakers, pure joystick,(i will try to fix it, now i know how to do that) skracthed.
And sorry about my english!
STRAUTS
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-26 10:40
This is the thread for which i registered here at ESATO because it required to login in order to see pics in the first post. That time i had k800i.

Later the cover was so loosen up that sometimes it would come out just like that.

ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
GoodReader
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-05-02 12:18
Basics of getting to the joystick work for the K510i though the surround to joystick seems a bit more fiddly trying to replace as there are two off set plastic pins that need locating - took ages for my old fingers! Sadly though cleaning and tightening didn't make it work and I still can't get the joystick to select the main menu and navigate or navigate down the call list. Somehow its not making connections. Any further suggestions before I go to a repair centre would be appreciated. Thanks Goodreader
dunsane
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-07-18 01:13
The problem I had was that when I went down with the joystick it would often click, which is a kind of a problem when you scroll your contacts ... I skipped step 4, just done a clean and it works fine now ! Thanks a lot.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi