Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Formula One 2007 Thread

Author Formula One 2007 Thread
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2007-09-13 20:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i dont think it will have a negative effect on Mclaren - mercedes, with either hamilton or alonso winning this years drivers title, i dont believe too many sponsors will desert them.
Alonso and Hamilton are two of the most exicting drivers around and with this brings intrest and finance.
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-13 20:45
If merc can put £1m a day on R&D for their passenger cars, £50m shouldn't have too much of a negative effect on the F1 team.

Am I right in saying this or what?
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2007-09-13 21:20
no the money wont make a difference to Mercedes at all
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 01:11
Sometimes i think "how if the document given from stepeney to coulghan were only a bait" or "do the document recieved by coulghan was containing a few years more advance than mclarren's? How bout it only was a dumpfail design?"

It do bother my mind so much!
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 10:14

On 2007-09-13 21:20:43, nicv27 wrote:
no the money wont make a difference to Mercedes at all

no mercedes just engineer the engine! Mclaren are the ones taking the hit here, and the amount they were fined is OUTRAGEOUS!

Network Rail were find 4 million for the crash that killed 31 people and injured 400!!!! Just to put this into context.

also they make the money from the manufacturer points which is a double bloe for McLaren as this is one of there main sourced of income! where will this £50 million go then? whose pocket?? [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 10:52
Hi all,

The money will go directly to the FIA who despite what most people think don't just run Motor sport. They are the ones responsible for the greatly improved car safety we all have now. As they buy cars from retail outlets and crash test them. They are the ones that have put pressure on all governments and car manufacturers to improve the build quality of the cars we find on the roads today re crash survival and testing.

Which ever way you look at it yes McLaren are a highly successful business involved in much more than just F1 but the fine plus the loss of funding from gaining no manufacturers points for this season whilst may not destroy them will most certainly hurt. It is very unlikely either Mercedes or Vodafone will add additional funds to compensate and to be honest why should they. VodaFone pay to have their logo on cars and drivers plus additional marketing and they pay a hefty price for this privilege i seriously doubt they will stump up any extra money. Mercedes also supply only the engines and receive promotion so they also have no good commercial reason to pay any extra either.

If this was virtually any other team than McLaren they would not be able to take this sort of hit and survive. Not really surprising Ron Dennis didn't look like a happy man yesterday. But at least they haven't deducted any drivers points and that really would of been terrible.

The only big question is can Hamilton hold onto his slim lead and become the first rookie to win the World Drivers Title in his first season, to be honest even if he does finish second that is still an amazeing achievement for any driver even if the McLaren is the best car.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-14 09:52 ]
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 11:02
you make it sound like this is justifiable amount of money! McLaren are one of the finest British manufacters in modern history! and one of the very few surviving still today. I've emailed them with my support, and think everyone else should do too....
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 15:47
Hi batesie,

You seem to be really looking for an argument just now as anything i post you seem to take offence at. The simple facts are Ron Dennis claims he knows all that goes on within his organization and as head of it the buck stops with him.

How ever great a company they may be they or there employees have been caught doing wrong, simple as that and that is why they are being punished. Or do you think just because they are a great British company and claim they didn't use any of the information to their advantage they should just be told they have been naughty and let off.

Mind you you most probably do as you condone SE's actions as being perfectly acceptable as well don't you? I suppose as long as you like a company it doesn't matter what they do or how they behave the sun will always shine out there rear ends. But some of us live in the real world where all actions taken have consequences.

I'm sure your message of support will make all the difference to Ron Dennis and he will sleep easier because of it, why don't you send him a few quid as well to help ease the pain.

Oh yeah and the only reason they didn't take away Hamilton ad Alonso's points was as that would of wrecked this years Championship and the record viewing figures achieved this year. Remember Alonso has sent an E-Mail used as evidence to his engineer so was personally implicated. Don't kid your self the world revolves around money and nothing else.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-15 22:44 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 16:29
so, it seems that McLaren team 'used Ferrari data'

The FIA has revealed that emails between McLaren drivers proved that the British-based team used information leaked from title rivals Ferrari.
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-14 16:39
Doggman, (edit your post spell my name right please). And no i'm not looking for a fight, the username has no bearing on how i speak to anyone on here - masseur to n00b.

ALSO i see no need to mention if i like SE or not??? my 2 main Phones are a NOKIA and a HTC at the moment!?!?!

i do agree that they have done wrong, and should be punished, what i find outrageous is the amount of money they were fined AND the fact they have all there points wiped clean from the manufactuer table. (there main source of direct income)

....and to put it in to context the amount is about 20% of there annual turnover. if your a businessman you'll know thats a heck of a lot.

FIA will put most of that money back into motorsport, and only a small amount of there turnover is spent on road safety.

Nokia N95 + 2Gb MicroSD + Sony MDR-EX85

[ This Message was edited by: batesie on 2007-09-14 15:42 ]
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-15 20:04
Unlucky for Mclaren today, eh?

Ferrari took the first row for tomorrow's race.
ashyak36
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 11:51
yep. alonso wanted to test ferraris weight distribution on mclarens car. also @ hungry alonso threatened ron to go to the FIA if he did not make alonso first driver or let him from his contract, thats why Ron came out with it.

also dont you think the best driver by far this season is Rosberg, his williams does look a good car but he has completly smashed wurz, and he has continually been at the front of the midefield
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 13:19
What I find hard to stomach is the fact this is a total whitewash engineered by Bernie, as independent as the FIA claim to be Max Mosley is Bernie's man through and through and this charade proves it (Max knows it and tried to excuse it by stating on camera “we shall be accused of not being hard enough”)

Max knew that Bernie would never accept taking all teams constructor points and Alonso's and Hamilton's points away (The only honest way of dealing with this “IF it is true) the McLaren sponsors would blow a gasket at best or worse pull out all together. So he immediately gave Alonso immunity from prosecution if he told the FIA exactly what he knew, even though he was part of the original conspiracy thus giving the FIA a way out of the whole nasty mess.

The fact is the FIA were faced with a massive problem “an honest team owner” Ron Dennis went to the FIA himself and brought the whole thing out in the open it is debatable if Alonso went to Ron and said (I want to be number one driver or else)

I very much doubt if Alonso will be at McLaren next season! I had to force myself to watch this weekend it is all so bent!
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
TruffleHunterSnortBeast
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-30 09:02
Time to get away from the negatives, and from a Brits point of view, one of the greatest races I have witnessed. It rates up there along Mansell and Senna at Monaco, when Mansell was leading, and then he punctured, and the tussle when he had a new tyre. Then there was James Hunt, again at Fuji Speedway in 1976, in torrential rain. Lauda refuses to race, and Hunt bravely races on to lift the title.

Great race, from just about every driver, but cometh the day, cometh the man. Good on ya Lewis, now only 2 races between him and the title.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-10-04 10:14
Ferrari accused in F1 spy twist (BBC article)

The former Ferrari employee at the centre of Formula One's spying row claims the Italian team benefited from information about McLaren
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi