Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > M600 Or Palm Trea 680

Author M600 Or Palm Trea 680
gmlens
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 10:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been using a palm already years and years, but since four years i had the P800-P900-P910 and now the M600, but i bought a palm for my wife Z22 and since using it lately i find it again wonderful to use, the M600 is very good smartphone but i am wondering if i should sell my M600 for a Treo 680 (when i changed from palm to UIQ, palm did not have a phone yet, anybody giving me advise ? and the programmes for a palm i find them better, take agendus pro , thanks for replying gregory
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-23 14:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
it really depends on what you need. if you switch to a 680, you lose your 3G and multitasking capability. on the other hand, there are THOUSANDS of apps for palm, whereas there are maybe a couple of hundred, if that, for UIQ3. and no phone backup to memory card apps for UIQ at all! tsk, tsk...

the M600 has better multimedia capabilities, but then it is throttled back by only having up to 2GB M2's at the moment, while the 680 can take up to 8GB SDHC cards, which are also cheaper than memory sticks btw.

screen quality and phone performance are, of course, superior on the M600. 680 has a cam, but it's still from the stone age.

the bottom line is that there is no perfect device out there. whether you are talking about UIQ, S60, palm or WM5, all have their strengths and trade offs. in the end, it just boils down to what you can do without...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi