Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > FAQ: Fixing a dead K800i

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 121314
Author FAQ: Fixing a dead K800i
surinadi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 18:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i am new to this site... plz help me i am having k800i one year old suddenly my phone went dead i dont know wht to do so i gave to sony ericsson servicecentre (accel frontline pondicherry) they said some board prob, but i am getting red light while i am charging i dont know what prob is thissssss... help me out
ChillinR
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-12 23:58

On 2008-03-12 19:11:58, muhammadrust wrote:
I had a problem just a few mins ago. I updated my acoustic files using XS++ and it worked fine. Then I restarted my k800i and it wont turn on. Then I got help from a gr8 man and he told me to do this. Luckily now its restored. So here it is for you all

-first install USBFlash Driver http://www.kulankendi.com/index2.php?pStrona=download
(If you have already install the usb drivers like I did then you dont have to install the drivers again)

Now start the kulankendi client application and use username "KULAN" and password "KULAN". Now check mark the "EROM UPDATE" option. Then simply click on the "FLASH MOBILE" button.

Now while holding the 2 and 5 keys simultanously plug in the usb DCU-60 cable. It will finish updating EROM within secs.

HURRAY!!!!! K800 is back.

Now I have sorted the problem. While looking back at the XS++ log to search what I did wrong? may b i just unplugged the phone while the application was finalizing the write process. So the EROM got corrupted.

KK client just updated my rom. thanks KK and thanks tranced for your help...

Thank you, muhammadrust! You're probably not reading this thread anymore, but just in case you are, I thought a word of thanks was in order.

My K800i suddenly went dead after I turned it off and removed the battery, without doing anything special. It really is a great phone (I've been using it for 3.5 years now), but I hadn't heard of this problem until now.

Anyways, I really appreciate you posting the solution that worked for me. I'd probably never have found kulankendi on my own, and even if I had, I wouldn't have known that it was able to fix this problem, in stead of just unlocking phones.

Hopefully HTC will release a full qwerty-keyboard version of the Hero soon. I love the k800*, but it is getting rather old =]

*imo, SE haven't really made a phone that's as good as this one (relatively speaking), seeing as that it was released in 2006.
[ This Message was edited by: ChillinR on 2009-12-12 23:05 ]
japachap
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-01 11:46
Firstly, hello and top thread!
Ive finally got my K800i working after nearly 4 hours of f'''n' around. S-t-r-e-s-s.... I also didnt want to read all 14 pages of this thread for the answer- so heres how I made it work...

Symptoms-
wont turn on, but Infra-red port flashes five(?) times.

Solution-
Remove SIM and Memory cards from phone.
Go to Wotanserver.com. Buy 1 credit (7euros- pay via Paypal). You will receive a confirmation e-mail from both PayPal and Wotan. The Wotan mail will contain your Login and Password. keep it safe.
Make sure you have SE PC Suite installed on your computer. Go to SE Update. Download and run update program for the phone. Note that you may need to press and hold the phones 2 AND 5 keys simultaneously in place of the C key to make it work- however try the C key in the first instance.
When removing the phone battery it appears to work better if you do short the phones battery connectors with a wire/spoon/keys etc. DO NOT SHORT THE BATTERY ITSELF!!!
IMPORTANT- There are now two versions of WotanClient. The K800i is one of the last SE phones to work with Client 1.1.9 (K850 uses Client 2...). If you download Client2 with this phone it wont work!
Download WotanClient 1.1.9. Allow it to update. In the server settings box in the bottom right of the window it should have already detected the Login and Password that you received via a confirmation e-mail when you purchased your Wotan Credit. If it hasnt then copy and paste your Login and password from the e-mail to the Server Setting Box. It would not let me proceed without this information.
Connect your USB cable to the computer first, but not to the phone. Press START on the WotanClient and holding the phones C button down connect the phone to the USB. Do not let go of the C button until Wotan has displayed FINISHED OK. This may take a while, but shouldnt take more than a minute. Mine updated in 4 seconds.
Remove the USB cable. Remove battery. Re-insert SIM and Memory Cards. Wait a few minutes the re-insert battery. Everything should now work!

Patience is the key, but using Client1 in place of Client2 will definitely reduce your stress levels!
Good Luck

James
gorgon
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-06 17:12
Hi all,

If anyone could help me I'd be really happy:

I followed the instructions but at the point where I'm in WotanClient and connect my phone while holding 2+5 WotanClient gives me this error:
"Please, connect your phone using service key EROM upgrade not supported!"

My phone is the k800i, WotanClient is WotanClient2 2.22.0.

cheers,
gorgon
Junz
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-06 18:32
For repairing erom, better using DUU.
I've using it for repair my k550i and k800i erom .
Nexus 4 + C901
gorgon
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 13:29

On 2010-09-06 18:32:43, Junz wrote:
For repairing erom, better using DUU.

Thanks, but I prefer to fix it without paying for it - then I could just pay someone to fix it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic