Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!

Author Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-16 06:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
kurai >

The jawbone is not "upcoming",..theres absolutely NO releasedates on this specific model,..it might not even come at all.
When or IF it comes,..I will be the first one to tell You guys

The digital Bluespoon's got nothing to do with Jawbone.

Regards

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-16 06:44
Yes,..I'm in the forum,..but I cant be as much online, as I would like.
Reason,..I'm in the US,..also going to Comdex,..but basically visiting family,..unofficially looking around, maybe for a fulltime job.

So I'm not that much online, at least not for the moment.

ABOUT the digital version,..when we speak of "noisy enviroments" it could be e.g. building-sites.
But true,..the standard Bluespoon is already very good in sound-quality, and basically people will not need the digital one, if they are normal users.

I've tested the Jawbone,..it's very good,..sound is deep, but crystal-clear,...but as I said before,..the jawbone-model is not up for neither production nor sales at this time,..it would also be very expensive to both produce and buy !

Our wired Invisio-headsets (for radio-units) use it,..and it works extremely well,..but again,..its not wireless, and its "only" radio-communication,..not bluetooth-mobiledevices.

HOW TO INSERT BLUESPOON :

I usually put the spring in the ear first,..and then twist the Bluespoon into place

SOUND-HIGH-LOW,...the sound can be adjusted to very LOUD,..actually much louder than other headsets.

A BLUESPOON SMILEY,..we already got this,..look in the smileys for "bluetooth",..its actually a small bluespoon-picture, hehe.
See what I mean:

BLUESPOON PANTHER ,..the difference from the standard one, is the black-see-through cover and the LEDS do not flash much.

Regards

Jan
sasha26
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-16 20:08
i have a special edition spoon, and it is awesome. no probs pairing, inserting into ear, etc, but one problem with my T68i: when i get a call, my spoon "rings" but my T68i does not. not a problem when i have the spoon in my ear, but when it's in my pocket i miss calls. any idea how to make sure my T68i rings as well? anyone else have this problem? thanks in advance...
st63z
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-16 23:22
Expansys already shipped to me in Texas the all-blue SE (came w/ 3 extra springs) and the standard version (2 extra springs). Still waiting for my all-black Panther edition I think I like the all-blue color the least...

Anyways, the stiff black springs feel too hard out of the box, but after days of use the soft white springs can feel almost too loose (as in you don't feel them anymore), IMHO. But maybe that's a good thing

Also, I don't like how the BS plugs up the ear canal when fully lodged in. Besides blocking outside sounds, sometimes I have this echoing effect when I'm talking like when you have water in the ear. So when I'm not on the phone, I like to just pull on the BS a bit to get the inner piece partially out of the ear canal but w/o completely taking off the BS. The spring still holds it in the ear solidly, so I have no worries of it falling off. This has worked for me pretty well...

I do this so I can leave the BS on throughout the day. Because of this, I also wish the BS can go on the left ear, because I still have to take it off everytime I want to use the home or office phone (I'm right handed so I hold the desk phone handset with my right hand, to my right ear).

P.S. It's ironic, I *still* can't get the Jabra FreeSpeak (BT200) I've had on preorder from Radio Shack...

[ This Message was edited by: st63z on 2002-11-16 22:45 ]
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 01:32
Yes, I am also waiting for the Panther. Had both the original version and the special edition on pre-order but decided to wait for the Panther. I think I will like it the best since it is the most discrete. I don't want to look/feel like I am straight out of Star Trek.
st63z
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 02:39
Someone reminded me today, wouldn't it be cool if Nextlink can make a left-ear secondary BlueSpoon (w/o the mic) as a companion to the right-ear unit, and let you use both as wireless headphones to hear stereo music? It would probably need some new Bluetooth profile though...
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 09:34
I had the same thought the other day when thinking of the P800 features. However, I wouldn't like to carry around on two Bluespoons.
Saxtus
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-17 22:50
I promised you that I will post photos of my BS when I got it.
Here are some photos (you can ask me if you want more photos, e.g. some different aspect of it and/or the base).

http://www.saxtus.gr/BlueSpoon
Saxtus
rymnrsn
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 23:16
here is a pic of it in the base...

http://home.rickrazum.com:8080/bluespoon/sig.jpg
st63z
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 10:18
Quick question -- the new iPAQ 5450 coming out Nov/Dec will support Bluetooth headset profile. Does anyone foresee any potential problems pairing it with the BS? (Note that this isn't a PPC Phone Edition model, those will come later w/ GSM and CDMA models in the 5000 series).

jh67, since you're already in Seattle, why not trek over to Redmond to visit Microsoft (after Comdex) and play with all the Pocket PC goodies?

[ This Message was edited by: st63z on 2002-11-18 09:19 ]
azg
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 12:29
jh67

Shame about the jawbone not being brought to production.

Personally the jawbone was the way as I use a motorcycle and was looking to this to try to provide me with some communication without wires dangling everywhere (currently use Autocom for phone & music) and a boom microphone.

Also looking at the posts previously there seems a strong interest.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-18 12:52
Azg, first off welcome to esato! Jawbone is what i want as well! Any news Jan on its development thus far?

This post was posted from a T39

dal_l
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 15:48
I am basically thrilled by it and I am still pondering whether to buy it ... the reason being it's designed to fit ONLY the right ear. When I fell from a moving bike last year (injured my left ear) and had to used my right (for 4 months) for mobile/telephone etc ... it's pure torture! ... I am not deaf or anything (btw, perfect hearing in both ears just couldn't get used to it ... I mean ... my right ear.

Left ear model soon?
kurai
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-19 20:23
Jan,

After a week of heavy use, I have found the longer strong spring to fit rather comfortably, and I have no issues putting it in single handed and rather quickly too.

I am having a particularly troubling issue, and either is a general issue with bluetooth, or this particular Bluespoon.

I mentioned earlier that if I were to clip my T68i onto my left hip, using the ICT-13, my Bluespoon's sound quality is quite bad, and it would lose the connection to the phone. Well this problem has continued and I have found that it occurs to a lesser extend if the phone is on my right hip as well. I can even invoke interference by enclosing the phone in my hands.

I immediately thought it was a defective phone, but after testing the BS with another, new T68i, and then testing both with an HBH-30, I am back to the BS either having a terrible range or perhaps somehow my body is capable of blocking the Bluetooth signal quite completely.

I know you suggested that you had no trouble placing the phone in your left trouser pocket and using the BS, but have you heard of any range issues before? Even incidental ones?

How about other forum users? Are any of you having issues like I describe above with your Bluetooth headsets? Any BS users having issues above?

Also Jan, do you suggest I attempt to return this unit as defective through my retailer, Expansys US, or directly to Nextlink? I live in California, so Expansys might be easier, but then again, it took me 3 months to get my BS from them, and I worry it will be awhile if I were to send it back? Ideas?

Thanks again! I really love this little thing and hope the reception issue is only occurring on this one unit.
rymnrsn
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-19 21:59
I disagree... I was well over 30 feet away from my phone and talking fine. Keep in mind I have a 2.4 gig cordless phone and a 2.4 gig network running in my house. At work in the office I was probally more then 60 feet away in open air.

Rick
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi