Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!

Author Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!
Jered
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 22:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just received my Bluespoon yesterday, and after getting used to putting it in my ear am generally happy with it. I've noticed a few problems though:

1) The speaker is incredibly quiet. I had a hard time hearing people with the HBH-15 that I had before, and this is at least twice as bad. Even with the volume turned up all the way, it's barely a whisper.

2) The sound quality (both speaker and mic) has a much flatter quality... it sounds like I'm speaking on a speakerphone instead of talking into a handset.

3) Pushing a button to initiate a call has a much longer delay than with the HBH-15. The HBH-15 was nearly instanteous, but the BS takes about a second to page the phone.

Are these normal, or might I have a defective unit?

--Jered

jered@convivian.com

rymnrsn
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 01:03
I have the bluespoon volume set about 1/2 the way up. At first it was tricky to get in my ear but after a few times its fairly easy and comfortable. To everyone I talked to and the people I let talk on it, it sounds just like I am on my mic that I plug into my phone. I listened to someone in a room w/ my mic and the bluespoon. The bluespoon about the same to me.

Rick
rymnrsn
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 01:49
I put one up on ebay. This is the bluespoon standard, $260.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=801967539&rd=1
MADNESS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 07:46
Got an email from Pilcon today. Bluespoon Panther expect to be delivered on week 47. Delay for 1 more week again.
fu|at^t68
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 08:46
all P800 related things sure postpone.... damn it

T68, J200, K700i, P900, HBH-30, HBH-660
MarkOng
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 08:49
Quote:

On 2002-11-15 08:46, fu|at^t68 wrote:
all P800 related things sure postpone.... damn it

??? Isn't this a bs thread? [addsig]
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 08:58
hmm .. mistakes do happen .. heee..
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
Saxtus
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 10:14
From yesterday I have a BlueSpoon too! (Classic)

But please tell me a couple of tricks to place it correctly to my right ear because when I am doing it as the manual suggests, it seems that it's not secured well (I use the default black spring) and also the people doesn't hear me well (maybe because I don't place it correctly?).

What mistake I am doing?
I believe that this must be common and not only me may be doing this mistake at BS placement...

Please... help me!
I love this small thing...
Thank you!

[ This Message was edited by: Saxtus on 2002-11-15 09:18 ]
Bajie
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 11:04
Saxtus

There are also slightly different length springs in the packaging.
I was using the wrong length spring which meant I pushed the earpiece too far into the ear. The [short] spring was constantly slipping and resting against my earing. Unfortunately, this forced the earring out and it is now lost. So my BS has cost me £400
Use one of the longer springs and you should be ok.

I am having serious problems with my Bluespoon as my ear is "rejecting" it. I think this is due to me having to use my right ear.
I do remember when BT headsets first arrived having the same problem with my left ear. At the end of the day its a foreign object and the body defence system is treating it as such.
Not happy as I feel totally deaf in my right ear and now need to get it syringed ... yeuch.

A suggestion [just a suggestion] would be to let yourself get used to the Bluespoon before wearing for extended periods of time.
When I am using the BS I actually find it better than the other units I have tried. At least with this people are not asking if I'm in a tunnel or the toilet every time I have a conversation

More detailed info on my BS experiences to follow ...

jh67
What about a Bluespoon smilie

Saxtus
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 11:22
I think Jan somewhere in this forum, said that it is secured well (of course if you put it correctly) and so you don't fear that your ear will "reject" it.

So what's wrong?
I think WE are wrong, but the documentation didn't help too much. Maybe Jan can post some addendum here?

Here I quote part from a post made by rkvptse here:
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=13452&forum=15#post168171
and I can say that I agree with this part of the post.

Quote:
My comfort and fit issues are probably due to my ear. You basically screw the device into your ear. After an hour, I find my ear is sensitive to touch. This is of course further irritated by the amount of pressure one needs to exert on the control surfaces. Note, I'm playing with the different springs. They do make a difference. While the documentation is very nice, I would have liked it if it speak more directly to changing the ear springs or adjusting the device for comfort. There is almost no guidance on these matters in the documentation. There are some videos on the Nextlink website under their radio headset.

P.S. Did you noticed that the manual doesn't say anywhere how to "remove" BS from the ear?!
Saxtus
Saxtus
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 12:56
Bajie, tell us btw, how many springs you got (and if it was from Expansys).
Reply here: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=13212&forum=15&5
Saxtus
Jered
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 17:28
On my first concern, I've found part of the problem.

On the portion of the Bluespoon that sticks into the ear canal, there are three small holes to let the sound out. If I'm not careful with how the bluespoon fits into my ear, these press against the side of the ear canal, blocking the sound. Annoyingly, pressing the buttons encourages this.

The third (top-most) hole is entirely blocked off. This one would be most likely to deliver sound to my ear, though... is it blocked off on other people's, or was this an injection moulding error?

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 17:43
Quote:

On 2002-11-15 07:46, MADNESS wrote:
Got an email from Pilcon today. Bluespoon Panther expect to be delivered on week 47. Delay for 1 more week again.

good for u, i ordered via online and they debited $300 from my credit card, the only reply i got is the panther will be available by monday, wk 47... but i didnt order panther... i ordered standard bs (available)...and they didnt reply my email until now.... 3days already
dupasquier
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-15 19:13
Jered, I own a couple of Bluespoons and both of them have the 3rd hole blocked. I noticed it since day 1 before I even tried them on.
It doesn't seem to affect the sound though...It is excellent...
Saxtus
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-15 20:58
3rd "hole" blocked to me too.

[ This Message was edited by: Saxtus on 2002-11-15 19:59 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi