Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!

Author Bluespoon Headset New Post 2 !!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-12 09:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is the continued thread.

I locked the old one,..basically because it had gotten too long for our wap-users

So this is the continued post on the Bluespoon bluetooth headset by danish company Nextlink.To.
http://www.nextlink.to

I'm the hardware designer of the Bluespoon,..basically it means that I do the design itself,..how the Bluespoons look on the outside.

I also do know quite a lot about the "inside" and bluetooth in common, so feel free to ask,..questions that I'm not able to answer, I will redirect to Nextlink support, either tech or sales

I chose, with Nextlinks approval, to be here and help as much as possible concerning Bluespoon,..basically because I like to hear peoples opinions,..and because we can then improve the products, by listening to the users out in the "real world".

The stuff you people tell might be good, bad, just your ideas/thoughts/suggestions,..anything can be used,..
it all helps to make a better product Thats what we all want.

I'm not that much online at the moment, as I'm in the US (Seattle) for some months (maybe more), and will be going to Comdex in Las Vegas on the 20th of november, to join Nextlink on their booth.
(booth # 4030A at Comdex Fall) if somebody wanna drop by

Will be showing some new stuff there

Regards

Jan
Bluespoon Hardware Design

Thread continued from http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=1698&forum=15

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-11-21 09:45 ]
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 17:14
how many of you guys got the standard, limited and panther BS?
JamesAC
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 21:12
COMDEX shows:

-------------
Bluespoon Digital

Very small wireless headset for Bluetooth-enabled cellular phones and integrates a unique DSP for enhanced audio performance.
-------------

Is this the new stuff?

James
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-13 03:38
James > Yep,..thats a new Spoon,..its quite different from the current Bluespoon.
It also has some other features/changes.

Regards

Jan
furnariidae
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 11:20
I am having problems pairing my T68 with my bluespoon (original). I saw a reference to problems in the very long topic but no details of how it was resolved.

Following the instructions (from full re-set), the bluespoon is detected by my T68 (unmodified software rel. R2A?). However, during pairing (using PIN=3333) the process fails. The bluespoon appears to think that it has paired successfully, showing a single blue flash every 20 seconds, but the phone says "pairing failed, try again?"

The phone has paired with another headset and a PDA via bluetooth, although these have all been removed.

After this, although I can get the bluespoon back into pairing mode, the phone refuses to recognise it.

A quick test with another phone T68i, also failed, although it did detect the bluespoon.

Can anyone help with the following questions:
Is the bluespoon faulty?

Will upgrading the T68 to a later sw release fix the problem?

Any other ideas?

Otherwise, it looks great and fits well, although concerned about losing it given its size. Not got it working to test the sound.

Thanks
OB
[MDS]
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-13 17:05
when the new digi version will be availible for sale.....
www.mythstudios.com
kurai
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 19:27
What can you tell us about the new Digital BS? When can we expect to see them available?

I just received my original BS yesterday. I am pretty happy with the sound quality, but several individuals I have spoken to say it sounds like I am on a speaker phone. Is this common? Will the new unit address this issue?

Also I found that if I holstered my T68i to my left hip, the connection to the BS can be lost... The range should be much better than that, shouldn't it? Could either my T68i or BS be defective? My bluetooth range with the T68i has been pretty good, but I cannot imagine my body would block so much of the signal.

Thanks for any help!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-13 20:33
No,..the Bluespoon pair very nicely with T68i's all over the world,..so I dont think you got a faulty headset.
(of course faulty units appear,..but they are very rare,..we have a very low % offaulty units)

Although it could be the software in the phone, we know that these upgrades are altered constantly...usually for the better

The odd thing is, that it seems to be the american T68i´s that are having problems pairing correctly,..I dont know why ??
(There are still a lot of other US-T68i´s that works fine with Bluespoon)

We're trying to figure out, if these US-phones should be different in some way,..as the other T68i's around the world doesnt have problems pairing.
SE have of course SW-versions for each continent/country,..I'm just curious to know, if these SW-versions differ in any way.

Or maybe the providers/operators have a specialized software ?? I dont know really ?

Any hints/ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

The digital version of Bluespoon will be on show in Las Vegas, but it will not be out yet,..and this version is basically meant to be used in very noisy enviroments.

People tend to get carried away, when hearing the word "DIGITAL" hehe.

For ordinary use, the current Bluespoon will be more than sufficient

Prices will be another issue concerning the digital one.

Bluespoons bluetooth-range has been tested several times,..and its clearly better than other headsets around.
I tested it with e.g. T68i and also Nokia 6310i,...in range the Nokia is quite impressive.
I use to have the T68i in my left trousers-pocket,..and have no probs when using the Bluespoon...I dont loose connection.

Regards

Jan
kurai
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-13 20:48
Sounds like it could very well be my phone then.

I ran into another odd issue when trying to utilize the BS to record the voice prompts needed for voice control. Twice now, I have caused a full lockup of the phone, the BS itself seems to locked up as well. You cannot turn either off, but if you pull the battery on the phone, the BS resets itself as soon as you power on the phone. Very odd. Even the lights stop blinking on the phone, and the BS is left with it's microphone on.

I did some testing with my old T68i (R2A014) and it does not have the lockup problem, and seems to be able to record the prompts just fine.

BTW, is it possible for the BS to utilize the SE "caller name" feature? I understand that there is a issue with new firmware preventing even the HBH-30's from utilizing that feature, but it is supposed to work on older firmware, I can't seem to get the BS to give me the caller name though, with either new or old firmware.

I read a bit about the upcomming jawbone feature. Is this a part of the Digital model, or will that be even something different? Perhaps you can post some pictures and list the features of the Digital model after Comdex has come and past. You mentioned that it is meant to be used in a very noisy environment, are we talking train station noisy, or just in the car with the windows down noisy?

With my current BS I can hear pretty well in a noisy environment, but then again, my callers have suggested they can't always. The jawbone feature sound like it might be good for a future purchase...

Thanks again! Great reply!

[ This Message was edited by: kurai on 2002-11-13 19:52 ]
furnariidae
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 01:12
Jan

Thank you for your help. I kept trying to get the phone to pair as all was going well to that point. Finally, whilst trying to test how far away the phone would detect the headset ... it successfully paired! The only difference to my previous attempts was that I was about 3 meters away from the headset!

Having paired the bluespoon and made a test voice dialled call, I am happy. Look forward to using the rest of the features!

Cheers
OB
epuk
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-14 01:52
I was wondering if i coul get one of thes BS Headsets. Since i'm in Mexico, sometimes is difficult to obtain this new gadgets!!!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-14 03:18
Im buying the Panther one for XMas. Is there any difference to the original in any way? Also what is the target launch for the jaw bone? And will it actually recreate ones voice correctly?

This post was posted from a T39

rymnrsn
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 03:52
epuk (and anyone else interested),

I have a few bluespoon standards and 1 blue special Edition. I will ship to Mexico for you. I am going to put them on E-Bay either tonight or tomorrow. I am going to start the bidding at $260.00 USD. If you want one you can e-mail me at bluespoon@rickrazum.com and I can hook you up. I am not joking. They are real and I have more then one that I am willing to sell. 1st come first serve on the blue one.

Rick
kregar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 05:32
So, you wìll sell me one for 260.00? please email me @ kregkimmons@yahoo.com Thanks, Kreg

This post was posted from a T39

egg378
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 06:21
can anyone compare btw the BS and the HBH-60 side by side
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi