Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?

Previous  123 45 ... 141516  Next
Author who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 19:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
like when are we getting it??? 2008......

Hopefully by then.. we'll get an updated version... coz in the U.S 3G hasnt kicked in yet... hopefully it will get 3G and some video call action..
Never Give Up!
ANewbieAgain
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 20:48
I just watched the 90 minute MacWorld Keynote iPhone presentation at Apple's web site and this is easiest the most amazing portable device every created. 3G was even mentioned by Jobs in the presentation so that too is on the imminent radar. Apple in its first attempt has humiliated all other competitors. Thank you SE for the delight I received in purchasing 5 of your mobile phones in the past... when it becomes available henceforth I will now solely be an Apple mobile phone purchaser.
parsnip
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-13 21:48
iphone is out in america in june...
www.aviatorforums.co.nr
EvoLifE
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 23:06
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 20:48:53, ANewbieAgain wrote:
I just watched the 90 minute MacWorld Keynote iPhone presentation at Apple's web site and this is easiest the most amazing portable device every created.

Exactly! I think everyone must watch the keynote or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk before they can make any judgement.
I wasn't impressed with the specs on paper just like many others.

[ This Message was edited by: EvoLifE on 2007-01-13 22:11 ]
stetwin
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 23:30
The phone is very innovative from some aspects and I for one will be buying it on release, I know people say it wont kill SE or Nokia and they will be right but It will make a big mark on the market and imo it could be the end of the walkman branded SE phones or at least for a while – people seem really defensive about it when its getting compared to SE phones (no surprise were on a SE website) but I bet 99% of you will get one/try one once its released just to see what all the hype was about and maybe some of you will even like it

/Ste
$hé®îNghÀm3:16
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-13 23:53
Some of the statements made against the i-phone seem so silly. I mean how do we know the i-phones 2mp camera isn't going to be better than the k750i/w800i etc. I know the k800i's camera isn't very impressive but when people discover the camera is a 3.2mp they look at it in such delight.
The phones interface looks great, but i guess thats all we can justify our opinions on at the minute. We cant complain about battery issues, camera quality, build quality (screen not lasting), as there's no evidence for this.

I think people need to realise sonyericssons main competetor is the w950. I like the fact this has a camera (whether its a good one or not it is something). It's available in 8gb aswell as a 4gb sounds promising, though i would really have enjoyed a memory card too.

It's a long 6+ months away and hopefully we'll have a new range of promising phones from all manufactors, so i wouldn't conclude my thoughts on this just yet.

As much as the iphone appeals to me i believe the greatest outcome of this is it may have raised the bar in technology.
stetwin
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 00:19
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 23:53:16, $hé®îNghÀm3:16 wrote:

As much as the iphone appeals to me i believe the greatest outcome of this is it may have raised the bar in technology.

That’s exactly it - even if the specs of the iPhone aren’t amazing it will move mobile technology on sooooo much (think about the innovative things not its camera ) and were the ones benefiting from it so we all owe a little something to apple for pushing things forward and since this is just apples first try at a phone then I think we have some interesting times upon us

/Ste
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 03:50
The iPhone isn't really that great apart from the screen and flashy UI.

As a phone make the most practical solutions. I can't imaging texting on the iPhone, or even punching in a few numbers quickly. Battery life would be a constant worry, not to mention the sealed battery, the size is not very practical (thin, but wide and tall), and the glossy finish is also impractical (think the black iPod ). One handed operation looks clunky as well.

Then there's the less than spectacular camera. 2MP and no flash is honestly crap for an $800 phone that I can only get in 2008. 2G is going to be outdated soon enough and I don't see much else to like.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
raw_knee
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-14 05:38
With the current specs of the iPhone, I'd stick it out with my K800i.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of buying the iPhone _now_ is because of the user interface.

Maybe a next-gen iPhone would be a whole lot "smarter".
I have a mobile phone. That's all that matters.
rambo47
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 05:46
I'm a Mac guy. Got a bunch of 'em all around the house, some old, some newer. Usually, when Apple makes it, I buy it. Typically I'm an early adopter, with the scars from all the pain rev.A models have brought over the years. This time, however, I have an excuse to be smart and procrastinate. I'm on T-Mobile and love it. I need to wait and see if things like Visual Voicemail only works with Cingular (joint technology implementation) or if it will indeed function the same way with my beloved T-Mobile. I'm only paying $5 per month for data with tzones and I really don't want to give that up. So before I jump ship to get the newest hotness in my sweaty mitts I want to know that it will do every single thing promised. If all the reviews are stellar, no major bugs or glitches, then I may indeed ditch both SE and TMo for the iPhone/Cingular. I just have to be sure first.
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry 8220
Blackberry 7105t
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 05:50
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 19:50:49, 02 wrote:
like when are we getting it??? 2008......

Hopefully by then.. we'll get an updated version... coz in the U.S 3G hasnt kicked in yet... hopefully it will get 3G and some video call action..

off topic, but i just thought i would share... Cingular has the 3G option now... but it is alot different than 3G in the UK becuase not many people use the full features... and i think maybe verizon has it... idk about verizon though.
Its good to be back!
Sir-SonyEricsson-man
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-14 05:57
I'm never gonna leave

I very much..
Sony Xperia 1 II, Xperia 5, Huawei P30 Pro
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 06:09
where did my post go????

i said... im not going to be getting one... but i will test one out when they come out and brag on here

im sure they will be available for testing in Cingular Stores and ill mess with it there.
Its good to be back!
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 07:37
iPhone is just a beautiful phone... tats all.
Never Give Up!
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-01-14 12:57
well SE such a huge mobile maker and they made mistakes in the p990 with the software......i mean had loads of bugs!!!..

so i really dont think the iphones going to be so gr8 i guess itll be worse than p990.....

its going to be only good on paper!!!
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic