Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?

Previous  123 ... 13 141516  Next
Author who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?
m8cky
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 13:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@gaieez

Have you held one and used the thing, I never had a device that screams quality!

As to expensive.......I think now, they are going for 320 quid unlocked. Find a Nokia or a SE which has as much for the same price pre launch in the UK!!
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 13:41
well..
Iphone looks great.. but my feelings tells me,go to SE. dunno why?

Use SE since T68i
---------------------
gaieez
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 14:02

On 2007-10-24 13:29:37, m8cky wrote:
@gaieez

Have you held one and used the thing, I never had a device that screams quality!

As to expensive.......I think now, they are going for 320 quid unlocked. Find a Nokia or a SE which has as much for the same price pre launch in the UK!!

I used the ipod touch (similar but without the phone). The only thing that im proud about apple is their aesthetics, interface, and vivid colors. But im someone who is heavily dependent on typical phone features. Furthermore, the price difference between an iphone and an ipod touch is about $450 (ard 230 USD) in my country. I would rather get the latter + a decent 2MP SE phone.
tk338
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-24 14:06
You will be able to buy an unlocked one for 320 quid??? May aswell do that and get a simplicity tariff.
m8cky
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 18:11
that's what ive done!!
josesoto14
Z610 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-03 07:32
go for P1 or w960, want style and accelerometer, go for k850 (yes it has)
<a href="http://www.lusogamer.com/gamercards/psn" target="_blank"></a>
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-11-03 11:38
The I-phone...

How can a phone without 3G be advertised as an Internet phone???

I'm using Opera mini 4 beta 3 on my K850i and believe me it would eat the I-phones EDGE internet alive.

On 2007-01-14 13:01:05, cristiano wrote:
apple have been working on the iphone for 30 month
so i don't think it well have lot's of bugs

They've been working on a phone for the current generation for 30 months and it has no 3G, only a 2Mpix camera, and no removable battery or expandable memory?

Wow. Good luck wasting your money on a phone thats more expensive and poorer specified then both the K850i and N95. Your the only one that will lose out.

On 2007-01-15 07:23:27, S4k1s wrote:
Read this with Mr Jobs and get a glance of the features the iPhone will have.

Steve Jobs clearly states that the iPhone will have no Java support.
In his own words “Java’s not worth building in. Nobody uses Java anymore. It’s this big heavyweight ball and chain.”

About Flash he says “Well, you might see that.”

Also there is...
No wireless (Bluetooth or Wifi) syncing at all...
No sync with Outlook...
No 3G...
No 3rd party programs...
Not all programs will be able to use the horizontal screen mode...

It doesnt even sync with bluetooth? Does it actually have bluetooth. OMG the I-phone is pure Failage. The only reason people are buying it is because of the brand name.

Imagine if Sagem or Alcatel had released the I-phone. No one would have bought one then. Its just Apple, and apples over-hyping of a useless outdated phone that they decide is 'revolutionary' that allows it to sell. People that actually think the I-phone is better then or Nokia are clearly idiots.

On 2007-06-25 19:36:02, QVGA wrote:
plankgaton sorry to pop your bubble but iPHONE will be better than K850, because its got tons of stuff K850 doesnt like 3.5inch screen, touch screen, WiFi, 8GB internal memory. iPHONE is not a camera phone so thats not even a comparison. The only real competitor from SE is W960

HSDPA >>> Wifi.
5mpix camera >>> 2mpix camera
A Screen that I can protect with a case and not be forced to get smudgy fingerprints all over >>> a full touch screen.

Oh, and just how much smaller is the K850i then an I-phone?

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-11-03 10:55 ]
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-11-03 11:56

On 2007-06-25 23:29:13, Hurst wrote:

k850i

Cons:
-Internet
-Email

http://www.operamini.com/beta/

On 2007-07-03 20:26:04, sithcentz wrote:

It's easy to see why this was released in America first. Everyone here thinks its the greatest phone ever because we don't know any better. Most people have no idea what options are in an SE phone because most people have never seen a SE phone. The phone works for those people because they don't really care about the expanded options because they don't know that they exist, but the people on this forum will care and it will cause you to not think of it as highly as someone who has only owned a RAZR their whole life.

Exactly what I was just about to say. America is about 5 years behind on the mobile market then the rest of the world. Going from a moto RAZR to an I-phone is probably like going from a Nokia 3310 to an N95. Ok, thats a bit of an exageration, but it makes it clear.

On 2007-07-03 20:54:38, QVGA wrote:

I think you're the only person who doesnt like iphone for its looks

Actually I dont like it. The front is a big screen. The back has a giant apple on it. Like, soooo trendy, but I guess thats the reason why people buy an I-phone, to look cool.

On 2007-10-24 11:02:21, m8cky wrote:
Have you actually used one for a few days?? I have one now and based on the current Se's available the solidness (if that's a word) and UI is just incredible

Incredible UI =/= Incredible Phone. I find the K850i UI a pleasure to use, and the phone has much better features, and its smaller and looks better (yes it does).

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-11-03 11:09 ]
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-03 12:11
lol look cool?..look like a tool

[ This Message was edited by: DarkKrypt on 2007-11-03 11:13 ]
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2007-11-03 12:12

On 2007-10-24 13:29:37, m8cky wrote:
@gaieez

You CANT use I-phones unlocked. It wont work without a simcard from its exclusive network.

I-phone as an Internet phone on O2 with 200 meg allowance a month?
Or K850i / N95 with HSDPA and 1-10 gig allowance on T-mobile?

I misunderstand what makes the I-phone Ideal to use for the internet when it runs at around 200 Kbps. Someone want to tell me what makes it better then my K850i?

I'm done, but the apple fans will still come back with the:

but but but.... have you used one?.... OMG the UI is incredible.

I'm not going to use a phone without HSDPA ever again from this day on, regardless of manufacturer.

Oh and for those of you still so convinced the I-phone is the best thing for browsing the internet, I post this again for you:

http://www.operamini.com/beta/

Java based internet browser eats the I-poo / I-crap alive! OMG start crying now.

[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2007-11-03 11:18 ]
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-03 12:18
@Bhavv
having an apple in your pocket or around your neck lol
man im gettin kicks out of this
but to be honest ive seen it/played with it - looks nice and is one of the most strongest built phones
BUT writing messages, making calls, sharing with friends(bluetooth)
..as shaliron mentioned too few dozen posts back (his points)
the phone is missing a heap
and safari i used it,,its nice, i got it on my xp too..(testing purposes) [mozilla/opera for the win!]
but opera mini can easily compete with it:)
cant be fcuked going on anymore,,
night all and thread on!

daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 08:08
did anyone see the the gadget show last monday?
they had a n95 vs iphone review and the iphone got slated for being awkward to phone/text with,basic funtion and rubbish camera with no video function.
only point it won on was for its style.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 08:17
there's a discussion of that in the following thread, and even a link to watch it

The Gadget Show (iPhone vs Nokia N95)
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 15:34
@Bhavv

You are having a laugh the SAFARI Browser in the iPhone and even the Safari based browser in Nokia's is so much better than any Opera variant it's not true. The only people that seem to love Opera or Opera mini are those stuck with Pocket Internet Explorer or don't have a choice to use anything else. The only really good thing about Opera is if you are not an a good Data plan and need to reduce the amount of Data used.

When Opera Mini Beta 4 was released and everyone was raving about i tried it as i have an open mind it lasted minutes as IMO compared to what i use it's just rubbish, but at least i tried it before reaching any conclusion. If you like it use it but don't try and claim it's the best as whilst it may be for you it is acknowledged by many reviewers that the Safari based browsers really are far superior and by a long way to.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-04 14:35 ]
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-11-04 17:10
Have people here already used an iphone, even for a bit? Opera mini can´t hold a candle against safari. PERIOD. Its a whole different class of software.
Nokia´s web browser is also worst than safari, not only in page layout and speed but also in interface (iphone´s multitouchscreen makes a big difference). The iphone is not just a ´fashion´ or ´cute´ phone, is a phone targeted to ease of use and confort. That´s it. Its got a huge screen with easy to see and read buttons and controls, it displays pages and mail in the most ´confort´ way possible (they actually look like they do on a pc and scrolling is very fast and very easy), the other apps follow suit. This is the iphone, a phone made to be easy and confortable (and cool of course) to everyone. Apple didn´t try to put as many functions as they could in it, thats not the iphone´s design which is a handful of functions running in a very easy, confortable and friendly environment. If that´s not your thing, don´t get it. Stick with what you got, its your choice, but dont bash the iphone before actually using one because even though u may think this or that function is not there u´ll eventually stop and think how have u been putting up with the shitty interfaces and designs we have all played with for many years? The iphone is a breakthrough, whether u like ir or not.
Although, its like i said before, if u really dont care about interface and dont like it after playing with it, simply dont get it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 13 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic