Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?

Previous  123 ... 111213 141516  Next
Author who's going to leave sony ericsson and get the iphone?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-12 16:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
where are those people that have those iPhones btw?
where is the review topics they have done?

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-07-12 16:35
im not going to leave SE for Iphone. the iphone has a cool UI but lack of many features did that im negative for it
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-12 16:39
I wouldn't dump my D900i for one neither tbh!

I would like to have a look at one though to see whats it's like
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
DJ_NeO2
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 17:56
i have a W800 and in monday i'm going to take the iPhone....
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 18:01
Disappointed with w910i,K850i and w960i, but still people need to wait for two more phones before they can decide anything
P3I Althought its going to be long wait six months are so , and bugs not sure about it
Maria
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 21:39

On 2007-10-21 18:01:40, arunvc wrote:
Disappointed with w910i,K850i and w960i, but still people need to wait for two more phones before they can decide anything
P3I Althought its going to be long wait six months are so , and bugs not sure about it
Maria

have you ever hold a w960, cause i doubt you have.
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-21 22:09
Honestly, I've never like iPhone. I think it's a super hyped, over-marketed piece of s**t.

However what has in store for us with Maria is very exciting. Call it a "iPhone replicate", copycat or whatever - that just means you don't know better. All the big manufacturers have been in the process of making a phone with multimedia features, design and simplicity in focus. Apple was simply the first to announce it.
suland
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 22:14
I am very loyal to SE and still, I say to everyone to get SE if they don't like iPhone. But for me, iPhone is the best thing ever made...I don't use much things like BT or on the go file transfers so these little bugs of iPhone don't bother me. I can't get back to my w950i as it's WAAAAY slower than iPhone. And, hey, did you try Safari to browse the net? Compare it to any phone...There is no model matching it's quality and speed.

[ This Message was edited by: suland on 2007-10-21 21:15 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 22:22
All the big manufacturers have been in the process of making a phone with multimedia features, design and simplicity in focus. Apple was simply the first to announce it.

Not just announce it (they did that back in January) - but also complete the hardware & software design, manufacture it and ship it into customers hands - like, 4 months ago...

Why are all the big manufacturers so slow at getting something to market, if they've all been in the process of making a phone with multimedia features, design and simplicity for some time?

Surely with their years of previous experience in the mobile industry they should be able to get competing devices to market quicker?
aldrinus
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-22 19:19
just because one would opt to get an iPhone doesn't mean he has to leave SE or something like that... err, 'aint that something like choosing between the devil and the deep blue ocean?

just my thoughts... everybody is entitled to his own opinion. and it is a fact that nobody can please everybody.

peace. and cheers!
obakesan
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-10-23 20:37
The iphone has nice software in terms of the gui but when compared to any modern phone it is lacking in features. Check the review on mobile-review about comparing the sms functions for example.

Aside from the screen the hardware is outdated already when it was released in america. Not to mention further when it comes out here.
Unless the european version will be changed spec wise . Anyone know.

The camera as driven by the software is just a portable polaroid. Point and shoot. Most normal camera phones have more features. For me i quite like bluetooth for music and as a connection for the device. Nothing there either. Yet this is common place even on lower end phones.

The main thing really with the iphone is it is part of a product and service from a company which one buys into . Hence the general closed nature of the product. It has wifi but the main selling point is so you can use it to buy music at starbucks. Sure you can surf the web but that is secondary to the main point of it i think.

Battery you cant change. Again further lock down. No 3g no hspda. Ok not a big deal really and can understand the decisions but still one would think the option would be there as more phones have or are starting to have these esp in europe .

Not sure what us is like. Anyone over there whats it like there.

Activation process further is an example of locking you in. Imagine having to activate your sony or nokia or insert fav phone here when you got it home.

Why is this needed.

Perhap it will be different in uk. Anyone know how this will work. All in all there are things i like about it but not as a phone i prefer what they have done now and should of started first in the form of the ipod touch. Even that is a bit disappointing.

Generally tactics they are doing these days that put me off my ipod and went with a se walkman. There are things in it which are nice and has a nice interface. Keep in mind it is the software which makes the device more than the hardware and that is something that can be applied to any device if you throw out the patents etc.

Look at people creating their own shells for window mobile which mirror some of the iphone features. People mention safari. Ok it is nice on the device but opera mini can browse a full web page . The net front browser in my phone can to and supports html and javascript etc . A colleague has the same power in his n95.

So the i phone is not really revolutionary and not really that evolutionary either. Any real user views of the device from people who have had it since launch . Are you happy still or has the novelity warn off.

Any one with info about the eu version is it the same as us or will it be changed .

[ This Message was edited by: obakesan on 2007-10-23 20:23 ]
josesoto14
Z610 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 05:38
so who is going to sell his freedom, for a phone totally controled by the manufacturer, and that only the hackers have the option to unlock the phone, with the major risk of getting locked again in future upgrades, no file sharing, no java programs and games, no nothing...
<a href="http://www.lusogamer.com/gamercards/psn" target="_blank"></a>
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 05:49
Iphone's GUI was interesting and unique, but the OS lacks some basic functions found on S60, S40, UIQ and A200. so iphone is not worth to replace those platforms in my own perspectives so far the platform closest to it's pleasing GUI performance was the A200 or JP-8

but later, the lacking functions would be embeeded on it's future iterations maybe the iphone II"

btw: GSMArena said that iphone has the best screen of all phones atm
10 years at Esato
obakesan
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 09:25
In terms of pure pixels, the Toshiba G900 has a bigger screen, not sure if it is better or not though.

The Toshiba is 800 x 480 pixels with a 3in size @ 64k colours. The iPhone is 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi with a 3.5in size. Not sure of colours.

So, the Toshiba has more pixels, but the iPhone is probably crisper? Toshiba specs from GSM Arena and iPhone specs taken from Apple.

Cheers,

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-10-24 09:41

On 2007-10-24 09:25:47, obakesan wrote:
In terms of pure pixels, the Toshiba G900 has a bigger screen, not sure if it is better or not though.

The Toshiba is 800 x 480 pixels with a 3in size @ 64k colours. The iPhone is 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi with a 3.5in size. Not sure of colours.

So, the Toshiba has more pixels, but the iPhone is probably crisper? Toshiba specs from GSM Arena and iPhone specs taken from Apple.

Cheers,

Iphone has 16Million colors, iphone screen quality even beat N95's and it'll surely beat G900's lame 64K screen
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic