Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > Guide to soft modding the W810i

123 ... 111213  Next
Author Guide to soft modding the W810i
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 07:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all, It has been a while that people have been asking about cid:49 being cracked and stuff, well, here is a little guide on how to soft mod your W810i through brute forcing, (WARNING MAY TAKE UP TO 5 HOURS!).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THIS GUIDE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO:
1. Put .swf files onto their phone for using with themes,
2. Upload camera drivers like super cam (usually used for the k750 and w800, yes it works with the w810 more info here: http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-135737 ),
3. Or increse the volume of their fone, currently i am still looking for someone who knows which file is responsible for the in call volume, as earpeice volume of the w810 is quite low, and also if anyone has the driver which has increased the in call volume.
NOTE: This can be used for the K750 and W800 however STEP 2 cannot be used for these phones as they do not support flash lite, however you can still use the acoustics or camera driver with them.
STEP 1: First of all you will need the XS++ program, which is an updated version of phone xs, you can get it from http://www.se-nse.net here is the link: ( http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=6805 ). Make sure you have installed you drivers first, ie the usb drivers that came with your fone, used for file transfer. UPDATE: you can also download it from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tdvjbt

STEP 2: After you the program, you will need the .swf files that you are going to upload to your fone (Note: If your fone is branded, your service provider has probably disabled flash themes, to enable it you must flash your firmware through wotanserver, totalmultiserver, da vinci, or similiar services.) The flash menus are available here: ( http://www.sendspace.com/file/kc4zqy ). UPDATE: Issue with the clubpulse.swf resolved, apparently there was something wrong with the clubpulse theme file I was using.
STEP 3: Find the acoustics file that you wish to upload to your fone, I am using Super loud v2 with megabass by Querty, . It increases the overall media player volume, and speaker volume, also partially removes the hissing niose and gives the magebass a bit of a boost. There are many other acoustics drivers available, however i havent tried them yet. Available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpylpg.

STEP 4: IMPORTANT!! In the folder where you have your XS++ program, make a new folder called files_to_upload
FOR FLASH MENUS: in the files to upload folder make a folder called tpa, and in tpa make a folder called preset, and so on until you end up with files_to_uploadtpapresetsystemdesktopflash in which you will put you individual swf menu files, (e.g. tpapresetsystemdesktopflashorbit.swf would be the menu file for you orbit theme, and so on). WARNING make sure you have the correct names for your folders, if not it would not work, and you would not be able to delete them if it is an invalid directory. ie make sure the spelling of each folder is correct.
FOR CAMERA DRIVERS: after you download the camdrver0.dat file, make a folder called ifs in the files_to_upload folder, and in that make a folder called settings, and so on until you get files_to_uploadifssettingscamera and put the camdriver0.dat file in the camera folder, ie you would end up with files_to_uploadifssettingscameracamdriver0.dat
FOR ACOUSTIC DRIVERS: When you have downloaded the desired acoustic file, you would have a folder containing many .aec, .apf, and one .CFG file, call the folder containing these files acoutic, then put this acoustic folder in files_to_uploadifssettings so you would end up with files_to_uploadifssettingsacoustic again make sure you spellings are correct.
When you have all the drivers and files in place, and checked your spellings, <(sounds like homework), then move on to the next step.

STEP 5: Make sure your phones battery is fully charges, this process may take upto 5 hours or more (mine took 1.5 hours) so you dont want your battery to drain out in the middle of it. remove your sim card and memory card, replace the battery and the battery cover, and double click on the XS++.exe file. When it starts up, make sure the settings is on USB if you are using the DCU-60 cable, then press start. It will give you instructions, hold the 'c' button of your fone and plug the cable into your fone, once it has detected the fone, release the 'c' button. VERY IMPORTANT: Now click on the FSX circle and without entering anything into the upload box press start FSX. The process will begin, wait until it is done, dont touch the fone, and if it says >This Loader is LOCKED (errorcode=30) dont panic it is completely normal, it would keep repeating the process until the loader is unloacked. Once the files have been uploaded the program will give you instructions, once finished unplug your phone, replace the sim card, battery, battery cover, and memory stick, and voila, a new fone.
If you dont know how to modify themes to use the flash menus then follow this guide:( http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-132051 ), but just replace the line file source=orbit.swf> with wichever menu you want, eg if u want the breakbeat menu, then type in file source=breakbeat.swf> and so on. Some themes associated with the flash menus are available here: ( http://www.sendspace.com/file/cg5j8c )
DISCLAIMER: This program may cause permanent damage to you phone if not used properly, I do not take any personal responsibility for you mishaps neither do any of the members of esato forums and se-nse forums as you are modifying your phone at your own risk, please read about the programs and any problems associated with it and the drivers or files that you upload to your fone before using the program as not knowing wat you are doing may lead to you unwillingly killing your phone. Great care has been taken into the preparation of this guide, however mistakes may have occured for which I apologise. Many thanks to all the member who have provided these drivers and programs, and i hope you guys keep up the good work!.

[ This Message was edited by: mobilemodman on 2007-01-12 01:51 ]
MrNetwork
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 17:53
HOw Can i Unbrand my Cell phone. DO u help ?
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:10
As i have mentioned in the guide above, you can debrand your phone through pay services like totalmultiserver, wotanserver, da vinci team, and so on, there is currently no free service for debranding the w810. I personally have used totalmultiserver for flashing the firmware on my w900i, just go to their website, buy one credit, download the client and folow the instructions. (NOTE: debranding is to be done at you own risk as it will void your warranty)
whistla
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:15
great guide, didn't know any of this myself!
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:24
thats exactly why i made the guide, after literally going through thousands of posts, and more than 8 hours brute forcing, lol, it was worth it tho
MrNetwork
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:41
Hello listen last monday im flashed my phone with phone xs and im using fungied.cheese firmware
The W810i_CDA102494_2_EUROPE_2 customization pack (modified to work with America 2)
-W810_R4DB005_FS_AMERICA_2_RED49 flash file (not newest firmware, but the better one, removes hiss completely)
-W810_R4DB005_MAIN_GENERIC_HN_CID49

and my phone flashed the succsfully
So wht its mean my phone is branded or unbranded?
If is branded then i think it is not possible to flashed, its mean my phone is unbranded wht is ur opinion
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:51
If you have flashed you firmware than your fone is probably unbranded, what i meant in the guide was if your fone is branded then you probably cannt use the flash menu files< like orbit.swf file as you fone's menu, i wasnt talking about the firmware flash files.
MrNetwork
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 18:57
Im just flashed firmware .
no any .swf file
drdeepankar
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 21:01
Says "xs++ is now brute forcing..."
How does it "brute force" a software???
Failing to prepare.....is preparing to fail.
whistla
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 21:35
Is it supposed to be this:

files_to_upload/ifs/settings/acoustic

OR is it:

files_to_upload/settings/acoustic ???
Small_Doctor
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 00:12
Quote:

On 2007-01-11 21:35:17, whistla wrote:
Is it supposed to be this:

OR is it:

files_to_upload/settings/acoustic ???

it is the right place
Primie.uk
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 00:48
Does this filename for the camera driver have to be camera.dat or is it camdriver0.dat? I downloaded the one you gave in your post and thats named camdriver0.dat i'm presuming thats correct?

Andrew.
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 02:20
@ prime uk
yes thats right it is supposed to be camdriver0.dat, sorry for the mistake

@ whistla
They should be in files_to_upload\ifs\settings\acoustic, so basically in your files_to_upload folder you only end uo with two folders, tpa and ifs, and you go on from there.

@ drdeepankar
The XS++ program is not brute forcing a software but it is brute forcing your mobile phones trying to brake the cid:49 coding throught trail and error.

[ This Message was edited by: mobilemodman on 2007-01-12 01:34 ]
MrNetwork
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 08:07
its is possibale tu increase ur sms memory with phone xs?
mobilemodman
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 08:11
I dont know, i havent tried it yet, however i think someone with experience in increasing sms limit on the w800 can help us?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic