Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > apple iphone unveiled!

Previous  123 ... 1516 171819  Next
Author apple iphone unveiled!
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 21:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What I want from a Smartphone (I don't care about definitions):

- 3G (can never go back to 2.5G for web browsing)
- Integrated GPS, this will be common in most phones by Dec '07
- PIM & Office apps
- Video capture
- Open system, don't want to be locked-into iTunes
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 22:13
About the FireWire, you only get one FireWire 800 port.
If that is not called soon to be dead then lets call it a compromise Apple/Intel.

About the Unix part, what applies to unix applies to linux, what is your point calling me ignorant? You are the one that ignore all the facts and dismiss everything.

Would you feel better if I changed linux to *nix and kernel to kernel and userland in my other post or would that justconfuse you?

You want to get personal on this one?

What I understand from your posts, You are one of those persons that worships something no matter what and can't participate in a discussion without getting personal. You praise all aspects of this product like it was Godsent and as it will cure cancer and aids. You are a retard my friend. You can't see tha pros and cons of this product and you can't see beyond your nose when you read. BuHu...
I'm stupid for even replying to you, but I missed your first post in this thread. Had I seen that post I would've never replied to you.
You can't take it that it's hardware isn't 5 years ahead of anything atm and therefore you get personal. You can't even take it that I point out some stuff about OSX being proprietary and closed to 3rd party programs. Get a life dude.

I won't reply further on this since I don't like fanatics. You can say wtf you want from this point on.
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-10 22:43
It seems to me that the iPhone is more hype than revolutionary. GUI-wise, the phone is top-notch, but that certainly does not make it 5 years ahead. There are many features lacking on the iPhone that many year-old phones have. And by the time the iPhone is out, its feature-set is likely to be outdated.

It looks like a great product, but again we have to wait and see how well the implementation works.

I certainly am not considering getting one. It does not fit my niche. Looking forward instead to the Nokia E90 communicator.
PS: I used to be known as AYA
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-01-10 23:18
I passed today at the Mac shop and asked them when it will be available,he said that it will be out in June in the US and 1 month after at Europe and middle east,means at the same time as the k800 successor,this summer will be HOT
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
stetwin
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 00:20
Looks interesting to me, i like some of there new ideas (scrolling, slider to unlock etc) it seems to have most of the features i would want in a phone too but im still 8 months from the end of my contract so i will see how the market is before i decide on what phone i will be getting next.

It does look like a must have for the iPod generation though and remember that most of us over analyze the specs of phones and jo-average will just see the iPhone posters and think “I must have” without even taking most of its features in to consideration – also a lot of people are saying there entering the phone market to late to make any impact but I think there wrong, people said the same when the first iPod was unveiled and that Sony owned too much of the market to be effected by it….. who leads the market now because I’m willing to bet it’s the iPod,

Anyway I’m neither an apple/SE/nokia fanboy so I will let you guys battle it out about the tech side of things

/Ste
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 00:32
dont mean to go back to an old post here.. but my intel imac has a firewire 400 2 of them infact..

and i use it for my ipod....

but back to topic..

i want this phone!

fatreg
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 00:56
Oops... looks like Apple didn't quite sign the papers in time to use the iPhone name!!

Cisco sues Apple over iPhone trademark
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 01:00
Why ONLY a 2 MP camera It should already have - 3
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 01:14
Quote:

On 2007-01-11 00:56:57, JoolsG4 wrote:
Oops... looks like Apple didn't quite sign the papers in time to use the iPhone name!!

Cisco sues Apple over iPhone trademark

2. Next on Jobs' agenda: buy Cisco

i love that comment!

it will be the iphone..

defo...

fatreg
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 02:07
I knew Cisco wouldn't take long to sue Apple on this one and rightly so. They own the name so Apple can't just use it cause it wants to and I can't see Apple wining over the Cisco group either, Cisco will make them pay for the name .
Their are so many company's sueing each other though now a day's it's ridiculous. Trademarks and Patents mean jack s***
T68iKING
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 02:25
Oh sh*t! This phone has perfected the use of touchscreen!
Sorry if this has been posted already, but for those who havent seen it yet, heres a video of the iphone in action (be prepared to be amazed ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

Damn, i'd pay £500 for it right now, forget $499 or $599 The speed of the menu system blows everything out the water (esp my w950 and p990) - cant wait to see what SE and Nokia got coming now.... roll on summer of 2007
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 02:59
Just watched that vid above and couldn't help thinking it's a basic device? And why does the fact it can sync with your PC make it the most advnced phone? Like no other phone can then.
I have already read that the glass screen does show smudges and greese, not a lot but they do show, the journalist said 'you just need to wipe it' what every five minutes of use? I don't need to wipe my p990's keypad.
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 07:34
Made for its own kind

I believe iPhone did not live to the Phone Industry standards. Its a GREAT device, trust me... I'm loving it... However, they fail to realize that it is a phone. Thus the iPhone is more of a 'Media Player' such as a Internet Browser and Music/Photos/Video Player. So its a Media Player built-in phone.

With the lack of the main high-end specifications, such as the obvious 3G, GPS, External Memory Card and a VGA internal camera. All these features cannot be upgraded as it requires hardware installation.

Some of you may or already did mention some lack of software features, such, Voice Recognition, Hand Writing Recognition, Java/ Flash Games and Applications, Office applications (Word, Excel, PDF, etc). I am not to worry about this, with an OS X in a phone, all this can be upgraded with future firmware or installation.

Thus this applies to my statement of iPhone being a more of a Media Player/iPod built-in phone, than a Phone built-in Media Player/iPod. From a statement from Mr Steve Jobs, "a phone at least 5 years ahead of the current phones," I agree in terms of software and OS only.. that is far as it goes. Whereas hardware wise, I can sadly say, they are atleast 5 years behind time.

Without 3G and Internal VGA camera, Video Calls (iChat) is out of the picture. For security, they can implement Face Recognition which my phone already have... which i bought nearly a year ago at 05, so that too is out of the picture. Interesting enough, Mr Steve Jobs did not even showed us a demo of how the 2MP camera works, yes maybe what he is holding is still a prototype, but since when does he hold and presents a prototype one might asked. Why? Not a good idea, because it may not be as good as the already high-end phones such Nokia Carl-Zeiss or SonyEriccson Cyber Shot phones?? Wait.. no Optical Zoom, for a phone that is 5 years ahead of its time? From the back, its just a tiny pin hole for a 2MP camera... the only pin hole camera size that can be that small and fit into a slim body is a VGA camera, that now is mainly found in the internal camera of a 3G phone that can be use as Video Calls. How can that be a 2MP camera?? Upscaled??

Still on the statement made by Mr Steve Jobs, such security mention above are not made for the iPhone, another security might be a finger print recognition that is already out in the market in Japan.. yes its a phone but he also did mention 5 years of its time.. maybe a software can be made for one to place its thumb on the Multi-Touch screen.. thats another Patent for you Mr Steve Jobs to add on the 200 Patents you already made on iPhone.

With all this disadvantages mention, would one buy an iPhone? I would, not because its an Apple. Its because they did Reinvented the phone, in its unique design and how a phone works. It is 1st of its kind, thus its is incomparable with any phone that is out in the market. Its not a Smart phone, not a PDA phone and not a phone. Its a whole new kind of phone. Its an iPhone.
Never Give Up!
mervy
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 08:34
Free Image Hosting at <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03396qh0.jpg

Is this a fake picture.
It appeared on one of the leading newspapers in the UAE.
Guy H
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-11 10:15
Quote:

On 2007-01-11 02:25:02, T68iKING wrote:
Oh sh*t! This phone has perfected the use of touchscreen!
Sorry if this has been posted already, but for those who havent seen it yet, heres a video of the iphone in action (be prepared to be amazed ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk

Damn, i'd pay £500 for it right now, forget $499 or $599 The speed of the menu system blows everything out the water (esp my w950 and p990) - cant wait to see what SE and Nokia got coming now.... roll on summer of 2007

You're having a laugh yeah? It looks pretty and I do like the opperation in that video but it shows nothing which involves a labour intensive task such as sending a text. I want to see how easy it is to do that. All he was doing there was showing the pretty side.

You're being suckered in by Hype.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1516 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic