Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > World first! M600 W950 + P990 flashing/debranding + unlocking (service stopped!!!)

Previous  123 ... 151617  Next
Author World first! M600 W950 + P990 flashing/debranding + unlocking (service stopped!!!)
yengip
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-15 08:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
P990 sent Monday, back Wednesday clean as a whistle and sooo much more usable without the Orange rubbish all over it. Fantastic service from Coxy. Much appreciated.

I can't recommend Coxy highly enough to other SE users.

Yengip
deshark
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-15 13:55
Coxy, hi

I have a vodafone P990, which is unlocked (works with other SIMs), but I would like to have it debranded. I presume that by having it debranded, I will be able to update the OS as a generic phone in all future updates, is that correct? The total cost woudl be 15 pounds?

How do I go about to send you the phone?

deshark
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-15 14:09
@deshark

Yep thats all right. Contact me via PM for further assistance.

Coxy
Feedback (+58, -0) Platinum Trader!
Obskure
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-02-16 01:10
Hi Coxy,
Frequent visitor, New member here. I've just purchased a Vodafone UK branded & locked W950i(Still not even available here). I live in Ireland. Can you still offer this service to me?
Cheers,
John.
danielevans
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-17 18:05
I've got a P990i through o2 in the UK, CDA is 162008/6, so I'm stuck on org R3B01.

The phone is better than the older R2 release that I had on a vodafone unit, which I sent back as they were unbelieveably unhelpful, and they wasted my time, making me jump through inaccurate beauracratic hoops to try and get a fw upg that never existed for their cda.

However now I'm finding more and more problems with the R3 release and am getting desperate. I had a P800 which when I got it was not as buggy as this, SE need to up their game to compete in this ever popular smartphone market, especially with Microsoft kicking up dust with the upcoming WindowsMobile 6.

I like the SE Pxxx style of phone, as I am a believer that a phone should have a numeric pad to be able use the device as a phone efficiently, so even the apple iPhone falls down on this point.

Hopefully I'll find somewhere that is willing to help me scrap the silly CDA # that I have a get me a generic phone, which is what o2 promised me I'd get in the first place!

Thanks to all on this board for assistance with SE devices
4no
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-17 19:26
i have an asian version m600. The newest firmware doesn't seem to be out yet for the asian version. Is it possible to update the phone to the lastest version and still be able to keep my asian character handwriting recognition etc?
deshark
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-02-17 22:33
I received today my phone from Coxy and I am very happy that I do not have the Voda branding. I finally have the latest fw update.

Thanks,

DeShark

danielevans
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-21 18:54
I've just got my p990 back from coxy.

Sent Mon, Recvd Today (Wed)

Seriously, I was a little worried about sending my phone off.

But he's great, he's done everything I asked, and it's now running the latest firmware and it's a world generic 1 CDA

Return postage was with RoyalMail Special Delivery.

Thanks soooo much.

Daniel
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-21 18:59
No problem Daniel. Glad your happy.
Medical HRH
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 20:07
Hi,

I didn't want to keep PMing you Coxy and it might be useful to other people.

If I debrand my Orange P990 and then, say, I break it and need to claim on my Orange insurance, by sending the phone back, is it possible to put the Orange software back on? Otherwise basically my insurance will be null and void I presume?

Could you clarify please Dan?

Cheers,

Harvey
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-24 20:24
I can reflash with Orange branded software.
mvinodkuumarr
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-02-25 11:47
@coxy
please check your inbox I have sent you a PM
FREE! 3 months web hosting - Cheap Web Hosting - Compare our Hosting Plans.
Increase your Page Rank - Link Exchange - Reciprocal Link Exchange
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-27 21:47
Hi everybody

Unfortunately the time has come for me to stop this service. There are a number of reasons behind it which I will not bother you with. All you need to know is that Esato's FIRST UIQ3 debranding and unlocking service will, as of now, be stopped.
It is a shame for me to have to do this as I have enjoyed helping people out and even meeting a few of you! I have also made some good friends from running this service and helping people with firmware questions etc.
It's a shame to have to stop doing this as I feel I finally gave something back to the Esato members who many of whom have helped me over the year and ten months I have been here.

If demand returns for my service and my other setbacks disappear I may start up again, but I see this as unlikely.

I will still do the odd job here and there for people (older phones pre K800 preferred, but also newer phones, there may be a charge for these) for only postage costs, but PM me for details.

So to all those who's phone I serviced I hope everything is well and if you have any trouble you know where I am.

To anyone that required my service I am sorry that I cannot help you out.

Thanks

Coxy
seunlock-uk
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-28 00:13
I would like to be the first to add that it's a shame to see you stop offering your services, there will no doubt be sceptics thinking that we are really happy, we aren't. It is good to see a member of a community giving back to those who have become friends and offering to help them at very little cost.

Having seen the vast amount of feedback yo have received I am personally sad to see the service go, as you have been of great service, and a credit to the spirit of the community.

I hope to continue to chat with you and hope that if there is ever anything that you need or you want to discuss you feel that you can chat about it with me.

Truly a Shame...
Watch Out for our Upcoming Retail Store!!
Medical HRH
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-03-03 20:58
I'd just like to say thanks again to Coxy for sorting out my P990.

You really are a credit to this community, and the internet in general. I'd be very surprised if you don't end up offering your services to everyone again in the future at some point - probly for some product that hasn't been released yet but when it is, the phone operators will f**k it up in some way or other and you'll come to the rescue!

Cheers once again,

Harvey
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic