Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > World first! M600 W950 + P990 flashing/debranding + unlocking (service stopped!!!)

123 ... 151617  Next
Author World first! M600 W950 + P990 flashing/debranding + unlocking (service stopped!!!)
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 11:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have now stopped the service for good. There may be a time when my services are required again but until such a time please do not PM asking for prices etc.

I may do the odd job here and there for people who are desperate as I can unlock and debrand any of the new phones.

Yes folks its available now thanks to SE Tool. Once again the_laser has done the hard work and managed to make it available. So you can now remove that horrible voda and orange branding! You can also unlock your UIQ3 phones!

NEW PRICES!!!

If you are interested in having your phone debranded or unlocked please read on for prices and info as I offer this service.

Hey all!

Many thanks to all those who have PMed me. I have had many different prices from the stupidly small price (me basically paying to do peoples phones!) to the extremely large (where I would feel guilty for charging that much).

Firstly I would say that £5 would be easily adequate for return P+P, that is of course using Royal Mail Special delivery. The phone would be sent back in the same packaging that it was received in, so if possible please make it easy to reuse.

The majority of people have come back to me with the following prices:
£5 for return P+P
£10 to debrand + P+P
£20 to unlock + P+P
£25 to unlock and debrand + P+P

Therefore I am going to stick with these prices. This is considering that some people said they would pay £30 just for a debrand! Sorry to the few that think these prices are too much, and to those that think they are too low, this is a bonus to you!

Some may argue these are too high, but please remember that it is not only the credit cost but also my time that has to be added in. I have to sit and flash the phones, perhaps unlock them and then go to the post office and send them back.

On a side note. I aim to receive the phone, flash/unlock it and send it back all in the same day. Therefore you should only be without your phone for 1 day. But please note, if I receive the phone on a wednesday (sent tuesday) I will be unable to send it back until thursday. It is your choice when you decide to send it but please note the turn around time.

Payment is to be made one of two ways:
Cash sent with the phone for the job and return P+P
PayPal with all fees covered, but return P+P costs to be put in with the phone. (payment must be sent before phone is received)
In the event that the payment is not made before the phone is sent, or the payment is not included in the package the phone will be left branded/locked and returned if the return P+P costs are with the package. If not the phone will be kept until funds have been received.

I also ask that your Esato username and return address be sent with the phone. Hopefully this will stop delays with returning the phone. And also allow me to PM the correct individuals with details on their phones status.

Please not that I do not wish to receive memory cards or sim cards with the phone. All I require is the phone and battery that is 100% charged. If this is not the case I may have to charge the phone meaning it takes longer for you to receive it.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to post here or PM me.

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2007-02-27 20:35 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-19 11:44
Thats great news Coxy, cheers
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 11:49
Indeed. Im sure it will beome more widely available soon. But for the time being those who have SE Tool or friends with it can reap the benefits.

Oh and when using SE Tool it can be done for free if you dont change the CDA. All that means is that it will update with branded firmware over SEUS. But if you have SE Tool you dont even need SEUS! Whereas if you change the CDA it wont, but then that charges a credit.
Feedback (+58, -0) Platinum Trader!
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 13:00
This is going to be a popular thread
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
Guy H
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 14:55
As everybody is on the same FW at the mo anyway I don't see what the fuss would be about. However if and when the FW is around I'm sure the people with branded handsets will be beating down your door.
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 15:05
Havent you seen the numerous threads detailing the differences between firmwares? eg the lack of rss reader in O2 W950s or the side bars in P990s from Orange? I think people would like to have unbranded handsets, even if they were on the same firmware!

[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2007-01-06 12:25 ]
Beepcake
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 15:36
Excellent! My Voda branded M600i has pride of place in my desk drawer at the moment. I'll be glad to get the proper firmware on it.

Just need to find someone local-ish with an SE Tool now!

Thanks for the heads up.
grex
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 20:24
can you not download se tool?
i used to have a good sig, but i'm all pc noooooooooooow!!!
Coxy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-20 08:59
No it is a pay to get service. Costs over £100 for the dongle and cable.

This message was posted from a K800i
sbp332
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 15:41
got a vodaphone branded m600i and well disappointed at how they have messed up a perfectly good phone, same problem go to vodaphone dont wanna know and SE will only flash back to vodaphone firmware so this is well useful but does anyone know where i can get it done as locally i dont know anyone around leicester who has SE tools - HELP !!!
twolittleducks
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 16:38
Let me get this straight, the branding and firmware are independent? Can all branded phones get the new firmware without being unbranded first?
michael the mage
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 17:00
Do they have access to the 'new' R9xxxx FW yet? [addsig]
twolittleducks
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-26 07:43
(posted in wrong forum, so I removed it - twolittleducks)

[ This Message was edited by: twolittleducks on 2006-12-26 18:24 ]
Topscooby
T700 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-26 13:34
This is awesome news for me

I can't wait to get my Orange branded W950i debranded and looking like it should without that horrid menu bar thing!
shuurajou
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-27 00:48
That's excellent news. I am desperate to have my Orange M600i unbranded. Where can I find out more info on how to do this/what hardware and software I will need.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic