Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Seriously.Am I the only se hbh-ds970 user with complaints?

123  Next
Author Seriously.Am I the only se hbh-ds970 user with complaints?
lorinsercclass
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 08:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
After all the positive reviews I decided to purchase one...only to come to find that the reception between the phone and BT Piece is literally like less than 10ft and that it 'breaks' up a lot when listening to Video....Maybe I am doing something wrong? Can anybody please share their experiences??
nisargpatel
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 08:18
Nope not at all .. Mine is just working per perfectly . i can hang around other room . its not breaking at all . working perfectly ..
lorinsercclass
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 08:28
Maybe I got a defective one huh?
nisargpatel
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 08:43
can u check the firmware on it ? Go To Tools and Accessories. Select HBH DS-970.
mine revision is CAH1090798 R2B
Thanx
dkfdnls
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 08:54
how do you check the version on the headset?

mine works fine with my M600, although I have to admit the sound is a little low for music and just a little better for phone. The only thing I think is weird is that there is no STOP button on the remote...just play and pause so you you have to stop the player from the phone. Also, there is no HOLD button like on many other sony remotes to prevent accidental key presses...and does anyone know how to answer and disconnect a call from the headset? I thought it would be the big round button on the left ear piece, but that only connects to the voice dial.
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 09:02
Answer and disconnecting's definitely the round button on the left. I believe that holding down the play/pause button will stop the player.
boomah
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 13:56
A few days ago I would have said they were perfect.

I still think they are perfect for music.

However, after the excellent video conversion software posted here a couple of weeks back I have been using them with the video player. They simply don't work and I'm very disappointed. Every second the music stops for 1/2 a second and then starts again. They don't work with video!!!

When I plug in the normal headphones they work fine with video so I don't get it?

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Cheers Bommah.
lorinsercclass
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 20:14
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 08:43:32, nisargpatel wrote:
can u check the firmware on it ? Go To Tools and Accessories. Select HBH DS-970.
mine revision is CAH1090798 R2B
Thanx

ACTUALLY I have CAH1090798R2C...would this be newer or older?
lorinsercclass
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 20:18
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 13:56:52, boomah wrote:

However, after the excellent video conversion software posted here a couple of weeks back I have been using them with the video player. They simply don't work and I'm very disappointed. Every second the music stops for 1/2 a second and then starts again. They don't work with video!!!

When I plug in the normal headphones they work fine with video so I don't get it?

Exactly. After encoding the video w/the M3 software I figured that my video 'audio skip' issues would stop but I noticed them MORE. On my BlackJack w/Logitech BT piece it is absolutely FLAWLESS in comparison to my P990+HBH DS970...

In a way I guess it's great to hear the 'non positive' stories fellows, I though this post would go un noticed! But please guys any more solutions please feel free to help a fellow esato member out!
virgo79
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-21 06:19
How to upgrade firmware of HBH-DS970 ?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-12-21 06:46
All of these questions have been answered in the other threads regarding the HBH-DS970. I guess a case of lazy reader, I can't be bothered to do a search syndrome.

Anyway, the DS-970 seems to have buffering issues. Not that this is a problem but that the buffers are not large enough for music that is recorded at a high bit rate. The higher the bit rate, the less songs to fill the buffer and thius the DS-970 has to go back to the phone for more music, thus the skipping. Second, READ THE MANUAL. Third, the only way to upgrade the software is at a SE svc ctr. While it might seem that you need an answer right away, the best place to start is in the user manual. Many to most of your questions can be answered just by doing a bit of reading. You can also find many answers here on ESATO by doing a search first rather than starting a topic that has already been covered.

-/..../../...//.../../-/.//../...//--./---/../-./--.//-/---//-/...././/-../-

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2006-12-21 07:55 ]
nabboR
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-21 21:28
Maybe the headsets with trouble have been bougth from Hong Kong?
See this tread:
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=137266&start=0
I bought from the same ebay-seller and my HS works like c r a p.
lorinsercclass
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-22 00:23
Quote:

On 2006-12-21 06:46:51, sapporobaby wrote:
All of these questions have been answered in the other threads regarding the HBH-DS970. I guess a case of lazy reader, I can't be bothered to do a search syndrome.

While it might seem that you need an answer right away, the best place to start is in the user manual. Many to most of your questions can be answered just by doing a bit of reading. You can also find many answers here on ESATO by doing a search first rather than starting a topic that has already been covered.

I am not a forum 'newbie' so I do understand the need to NOT post useless, 'same old repeated question' thread ESPECIALLY on a more 'serious' forum like this one. I have used the search function on esato MORE than a few times even before registering as a member here. The search conducted by me on the HBH DS970 brought up threads on only positive remarks and reviews on this BT piece so I proceeded to purchase it. I did not find negative posting on this forum nor:my-symbian.com, bengalboy.com, howardforums.com especially on this issue. Maybe I am an IDIOT and skipped over a thread...I don't know. I do appreciate your answer though but do not appreciate this 'e-reprimand'.
kahiro
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-22 03:59
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 08:54:02, dkfdnls wrote:
how do you check the version on the headset?

mine works fine with my M600, although I have to admit the sound is a little low for music and just a little better for phone. The only thing I think is weird is that there is no STOP button on the remote...just play and pause so you you have to stop the player from the phone. Also, there is no HOLD button like on many other sony remotes to prevent accidental key presses...and does anyone know how to answer and disconnect a call from the headset? I thought it would be the big round button on the left ear piece, but that only connects to the voice dial.

you can actually stop the track by press and hold the play/pause button for about 2-3 secs.
MrO-Uk
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-12-23 21:35
I know what u mean about the break up in sound on vids. but using the Excellent M3 and setting to low quality, but its still perfectly fine i might add, i have eliminated any crackles or stops. its clearly a bandwidth issue thats all.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi