Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Can't get rid of virgin bites!! please help

Author Can't get rid of virgin bites!! please help
georgehill
K510
PM
Posted: 2006-12-17 12:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a SE k510i. I just gt it unlocked yesterday from virgon mobile and now using o2 genie but where the internet browser thing should be it still says virgin bites. Can any1 help me please!!! It's also my start up screen and homepage even though it's set to wap.o2.co.ukis there a code or anythin

[ This Message was edited by: georgehill on 2006-12-17 19:50 ]
freakfire
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 14:50
I have the same problem, with my W810i. I don't mind the icon staying the same but I can't seem to set my homepage to the O2 site, it still tries to access Bites first. Can anyone help please?!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 15:11
Unlocking won't get rid of any of that. Unlocking simply means you can use simcards from other networks in the phone. If you want to get rid of all that, you need to flash your phone to generic firmware which is semi-complicated and will void your warranty. For info on how to do this, simply search the forum.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
freakfire
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 19:19
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it wouldn't come to flashing, especially just for changing the homepage. I guess I can live with getting the error message, or browse through from File Manager > Web Pages > Bookmarks for now anyway.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi