Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970

Previous  123 4 ... 111213  Next
Author be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970
nabboR
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-17 13:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, now at least I know he read my mail, I use a tracker proggy for all email that I send doing bizz, this time it was opened in the centre of Beijing, the two earlier I've sent him during the ebay-auction was opened both a few miles outside kowloon Hong Kong.

Maybe he manufactures the headsets by himself i China

Still no answer...
siandy
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-17 18:23
Sorry for you guys... but you must realize that if you buy the product so cheap you must be aware they are fake one.. even if the seller told you it's original. I have been at china about a year now and know a little thing that in the market here fake ds970 is about 300RMB and original one more than 500RMB ( this price for quantity purchased ) so if you got price less than 500RMB(please convert it to your currency rates) i can tell you for sure it's fake.. hope it help
Tiny
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-17 18:55
Seriously, that seller must be laughing himself into a prolapse, the bastard
nabboR
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 09:16
Well, I've got an answer, and so far it seems to be OK, he asked me to send it back after the new year and I'll get a refund.
I'll let u know how it goes.
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 09:38
Wait a minute... Let's recap the facts:
1-we pay him in advance
2- he sends us a fake
3- we have to arrange and pay the shipping back
4- we have to trust he pays us back our money (Why should the buyer be always the one to trust...?)
5- He has the fake again ready to sell and fool someone else.
6- You spent your time, your money (I can't immagine he will refund you your shipping costs or any extra costs you've had)

Sorry, I know that maybe you don't have a better option, but this just doesn't seem really "OK" to me.

[ This Message was edited by: marcellos on 2006-12-19 11:43 ]
nabboR
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 12:41
I totally agree with u m8.
But as u said, there's not much to chose between.
It's all about cutting some losses.
That's the sad story.

I've always said, "is it to good to be true it's not true" but in this case it was not really THAT cheap, about 35% lower then the local shop here in sweden so I took it to be real, appearently not
oksehud
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 14:17
I bought a headset from the same seller, and it worked like s***, poor sound quality, and froze up, when receiving a call.
Furthermore the headset was scratched, and seemed used, so I contacted the seller, who said I was a liar and that I scratched the headset myself. I contacted Paypal, and they said I was eligible for a refund, when I returned the headset. The headset was sent back last week, and Paypal is investigating as we speak.

Here is some pictures of the "new" headset:

marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 14:58
I really suspect paypal might give a couple of refunds, but it won't take his account down. It's not of their interest... They (and ebay) get lots of money because of this scammer.

The buyers pay the bill. It's a win-or-win situation for them.

The fact that ebay limits the communication between the users not involved with the transaction also makes it more difficult to alert others to this kind of situation. Paypal mentioned that, if they would get more complains about the seller, they would contact me... I see here many feedbacks and never heard of paypal anymore...
yoyo44
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 17:03
so do you think all the headsets the seller sells are fake or just some of them? why are so many people satisified?
frakker
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 17:13
@yoyo44

Most likely because they don't know the difference between a legitimate model and a fake. Some people aren't as 'clued up' as say SE devotes that post on Esato.
Tiny
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 19:16
I was actually thinking of buying one of these, good job I didn't. Maybe I'll have to wait till my bday
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 19:55
I agree with Frakker. After getting screwed now and after reading and informing myself more about it, I believe most of the headsets they sell are fake (my guess is 90%).

Here is my explanation to so many positive feedbacks:
Some give a positive feedback a bit too soon;
Some accept the fact that is fake because of the price/quality relationship;
Some might think it's just not a good headset (not seller's fault);
Some people just can't see/feel the difference;
Some might give as a present (and do not test it);

It's not so obvious that something like that is fake. If it would not be for the sound quality, I probably wouldn't notice without comparing closely with the original.
Ironically, the seller told me: "I don't see the difference" when I showed him the page with the photos comparing with the original.
What a crook.

check this:
"In China, fake tech products look so real the real ones look fake"
http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/9355

[ This Message was edited by: marcellos on 2006-12-19 20:10 ]
darrendoc
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-12-19 21:46
I got mine yesterday from the knob and thought the sound quality was crap. It also took a few times to connect each time to my p990. The ear buds are also crap although i have never seen an original to compare. It has also now froze with the backlight on

Cant believe the prat has robbed us

So disappointed because everybody on here and my-symbian have been given them rave reviews

@ an original owner - are the ear buds really good quality ??

Not sure i want to spend the money on an original set now
chlorine
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-20 06:30
why did I find this before I bought from this seller

I just got the headset today... it looks pretty real... but I can see some flaws... charging the headset now... I tried pairing it with my phone and that doesn't even work...

not sure which route to go...

-try to get refund from seller (risk losing even more money, shipping + headset)...

-resolve through PayPal?

not sure what is best... there's an actual HK address (wonder if it's real), can always get my friends to pay a visit.
oksehud
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-12-29 10:25
I got a full refund from Paypal today, but of course I had to pay for the shipping of the headset back to Caprimotherf*****.

But, as stated before, it is a question of cutting the losses.

I got a refund of the full price + shipping to me, (£44.98) but had to pay £7 to ship the crap headset back to the seller.

Lesson: Do not buy ANYTHING from ebay shipping out of Hong Kong....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic