Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 111213
Author be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970
vdiddy210
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-03-09 22:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey just an update to my last post in case someone is in this pickle.

ok so upon further working with this product, i'm actually quite happy with it (i guess it being free has something to do with it....) in order to get the best results outta your FAKE DS970 first off charge it for a full 8 hours when you first get it BUT MAKE SURE IT IS ON! so if you only have a BT phone do it at night, keep ur player on repeat and let it play through the night, this will ensure that it accurately charges. after that pair it with whatever you want and if you have a good quality one it should work with any A2DP device. I have mine on muti-point mode and i synced my phone THEN my macbook, that way when my macbook is in range only music from that comes into the headphones and ALL calls from the phone come in regardless and when the bt if off on the macbook or i leave my room, the music from the phone (HTC TyTN) starts to work. as always, the headset always works for phone calls. now here is an important point, when you wanna turn the 970 off, disconnect the DEVICE first, so just turn off your bt that is the easiest one as it leaves room for less complications. THEN turn off the 970. you should not have a problem with anything this way.

as for sound quality, as a DJ i have an ear. so i know what quality sounds like. this headset isn't half bad, i had said earlier that it was better than iPod headphones, and that is true but i would even venture that is JUST UNDER the quality of the Sony EX-51 earbuds. after a few charges, the bass is coming back into the device, the treble is an excellent level and when paired to my old W810i, the MegaBASS actually does make a difference when u turn it on. so i would say that though the initial disappointment of receiving a fake item, it's only been positive since and hey, if you can finagle it, a free stereo bt headset that looks exactly like the 970 isn't half bad

so though i would NOT recommend buying from sun.group, if you do i can post the email i sent them which they were happy to refund me without even a question asked, everyone who got one saying to send back the product, they didn't even ask!

best of luck,
-V

sorry, i'm very verbose
RyoOkutani
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-03-19 22:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys,

Just thought id post to say that you can get fakes anywhere! I'm all the way down at the bottom of the world (New Zealand) and bought a DS970 off the trademe.co.nz website. using the guide in the beginning of the thread it was all there, plain black and white! Even the Logo was wrong! Confirmed when i compared it to my W960i .

I was still hopeful as $70 instead of the $200 price tag here is bloody awesum for this headset, but upon testing, it was a confirmed fake!

The Display would not update as new songs came in, and absolutely no Bass whatsoever! you would only get the tinny sounds where the bass was supposed to be... So dissapointed!

Am in the process of getting a refund from the Seller now.. Will update with what happens.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic