Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970

Previous  123 ... 111213  Next
Author be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970
Oddball
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-06-29 01:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just got what I believe is a genuine 970 from Ebay for £35 inc postage. I asked before buying if it was sourced in the UK and genuine before taking the chance. Always a good idea. Still. The only annoying thing is it cuts out for a half second every now and then. But I hear this is a common problem to do with bit polling or somesuch.
missagia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-07-17 13:53
hey, can i suggest something?,
we can do a list with the feed back of everybody that bought , so
we can do trusted sellers list... and fake too...
and other question, how much cost an original in ebay?? i've founded some about U$60, i think its just price.... so if anyone already bought an original in ebay post the name of the seller please....
i really wanna this fone, but its more easy buy an original motorola HT 820 that can use as corded fone cost half of an HBH DS-970

dagrim1
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-17 09:53
Seems I got suckered as well... on the other hand, you can predict that if it seems too good to be true it probably is. Got my headset from this buyer:

dccl_station

Almost only positive feedback, but same issues. Locking up often (at incoming call for example) and sound isn't too good.

A reason I thought it might be true is the fact that I saw some prices in germany ( (online) stores) starting from about 60 euros so, assuming those are real, I thought hongkong prices might actually be lower.

Looking at it it looks pretty damn real, even after knowing the difference between fakes and originals. I'll check the box to see if it has a white sticker on it as well. Perhaps I'll buy the DS980 after all...

I'll see if I can get a refund, shipping was about 6 euros so that was not too bad. On the other hand, glad I got suckered for the 30 euros and not the original price Heh, wish I found out about this thread earlier.

Box has the white SE sticker btw, so that's no guarantee. Also it does work ok sometimes, but still locks up too often.

[ This Message was edited by: dagrim1 on 2007-09-18 09:11 ]
smalljerry
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-09-21 02:30
My god ,I just bought a headset for W300i from HK ...I didn't remember who's seller ...I hope ...
dagrim1
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-09-21 21:18
Hmmm, maybe something to try for other people...

When turning the headset on in multipoint mode it *seems* to work. I don't get the tracknames updated in the lcd display anymore (perhaps that was causing the lockups) but I can live with that...

I'm just letting the thing play all night, calling every now and then to the phone with another line to test it properly. Worth a shot atleast for other I'd think
braunkraut
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-10-30 20:18
I'm generally very careful, espescially when the price is too good to be true, but I got had primarily out of greed. Bought the HBH-DS970 for $34.99 from seller sun.group.

Feedback score was perfect but relatively few transaction. Normally that's a warning sign and I should have followed my instinct and avoided buying from the seller.

Box was opened and looked like it was not engineered to fold properly. Strange smell indicating cheap paint being used for the box. Dead give away was the packaging of the extra earbud covers. Came in a standard wrinkled zip loc bag rather than the sealed plastic bags you can usually expect from a genuine Sony Ericsson product.

Upon charging the headset wouldn't bond with my cellphone. Took countless tries to get it to be recognized and then when it finally did the headset crashed and the recovery method described in the manual failed. Sound quality was well below the wired headset that came with my phone. Most notably, absence of bass response generally described as great for this headset.

SE logo near the power button differs significantly from the logo on my P1i and the logos of the stock wired headset.

Upon contacting the seller and confronting him about the counterfeit item I was offered a full refund and received a request to remove negative feedback.

Opened dispute with Paypal and am waiting for response from seller on whether he will cover return shipment and full refund including the expedited shipping charges I paid.

[ This Message was edited by: braunkraut on 2007-10-30 19:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: braunkraut on 2007-10-30 19:22 ]
kaiiserni
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-15 11:00
I have got mine delivered from Sun.Group to.
As already mentioned, Its a fake.
I wish I had come to this topic earlier.

I've already mailed sun.group by ebay private message.
And I've already opened a complain by paypal.

The sound quality is very bad, Sony's patents like MegaBass aren't working. The quality of the buttons are bad, and after 1 minute the device hangs, and you are not able to do anything with it. (Text song keeps showing, light keeps up until you reset it by plugging it in the charger and back out).
Also I can say there is a clear difference between the SonyEricsson logos on the left and right ear.
kaiiserni
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-12-15 12:48
Today, they answered my complain, this is what I got:

"For RMA, pls send the item to Attn: Mr Lee, Room D, 3/F, 129 Cheung Sha Wan, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong. Pls state your ebay ID and item ID along with the item. Once we have received the item, we will give you a full refund immediately. Sorry for any inconvenience casued.

- sun.group"

Should I trust this and send the item back?
That would cost me more shipping costs + then they can sell it to another innocent man + how do I know I will get my money back.

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-12-15 13:22
Make sure you have a tracking number and KEEP HOLD of the proof of sending i'e the receipt with the tracking ID on.

As soon as the sender receives the item back then Paypal should refund you.

If the sender refuses to accept the item back for any reason, (and this happens sometiimes) then tell paypal and they will check and then ask you to fax them the front and back of the receipt with the tracking ID on.

They should refund you then.

Good luck.

meiso
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-31 06:33
I've read on this forum that "blaccessories" sells fake HBH DS970 bluetooth headsets on ebay.. I bought one from them/him s few months ago.. It's got good sound quality, and seems to work perfectly. It never freezes or stops working, it switches modes just fine from music to calls and back. TrackIDs show up just fine, the screen work as it should. I checked the website in the first post (the one with the high-res photos comparing real and fake) and it checks out as being real according to those criteria.

Is there a chance that blaccessories is selling some real and some fake headsets?

[ This Message was edited by: meiso on 2008-01-31 05:36 ]
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-31 07:23
Marcellos

I only look into this just now

SE icon is so different...the small opening to expose the green should not be that small

here's other comment on the fake one. One thing i didn't put in the picture....the casing which is original come with all the marking for material etc but fake one none

I didn't browse thru the whole thread but to me it is good to bring this up to ebay.

there's another theory from me....just wonder have SE changed the supplier of plastic but I doubt this is the likely situation...becauae I don't think they will allow one supplier who can't even provide an icon tht is correct...remember that.... this is the company's identity

I guess for others...the important part is to check the icon....i saw many times fake SonyEricsson product cannot do it properly

also now with some of the product...the sonyericsson text seem like a badge (like those in sony tv)....I doubt the fake one can product as good quality too.

also the laser marking will look bad for the fake one ..... I used to compare hbh60 of mine with a friend
dupatan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 17:24
braunkraut and kaiiserni

Opened dispute with Paypal and am waiting for response from seller on whether he will cover return shipment and full refund including the expedited shipping charges I paid.

did you guys got your money back from these bustards? I also bought from sun.group and it's obvious fake. I can't pair it to my phone!

that what i got from them as response to my ebay message:

"Pls send the defective HEADSET to Attn: Sun Group, 3/F, 129 Cheung Sha Wan,
Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong. Pls state your ebay ID and item ID along with the
item. Once we have received the return item, we will send you the
replacement or give you a refund immediately. Sorry for any inconvenience
casued.
Kindly pls advise the return shipping charge in advance. Pls ship
it back with standard shipping.

-sun.group"
tesssst
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 21:33
anyone heard of fake ds980s floating in the air?
I am going to buy some and was just wondering
brebeatingin
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-15 11:53
Here are - HBH DS-970's review. You can recognize more about this headset from that review.
vdiddy210
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-03-08 19:58
hey i don't know what to say about this other than I was duped as well.

I bought from Sun.Group and they sent me what looked like an excellent DS970. and infact apart from an intial hang up (which prompted the search) it hasn't been that bad (granted it's been a day) but the battery life is terrible. though maybe it's cuz the charger isnt meant for this device but rather a cheap charger for SE phones. basically, it charger fine when it is playing something. so i kept it playing music from my macbook and had it charging and then it gave me about 5.5 hours of music off of a 3 hour charge (i think it was charged, the battery stopped going up and down) and then i created a playlist in iTunes of 6 hours of music, check every hour. by the time 5 hours rolled around i sat and listened. 5 hours and 29 mins of music. it's not terrible, but as a DJ i know the sound quality is off, i must admit it is still better than iPod headphones but next to my EX-51s (the headphones i think the 970 was supposed to mimic) it is lacking. though really it has a slightly tinny sound and since i bought these to use to watch MobiTV on the phone i guess i can live with it.
other than that, there is a slight hiss in the background at high volume.

oh and i opened a dispute with paypal and they said that the seller can not be reached at this time, as soon as i submitted it which was weird. so it said to escalate the claim and i did and they said they cannot help me! i was pissed so i called paypal, told them the situation and whatnot and they refunded my account the 40 bux i paid. i promptly withdrew it from my paypal debit card and deposited it back into my bank account. also, paypal didn't say i had to return this and considering how it would cost 10 dollars to just send it, i'm not feeling that charitable, considering how the buster tried to dupe me very badly, well jokes on him i got my money back and got the product!

hope that helps someone
-V
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic