Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970

Previous  123 ... 10 111213  Next
Author be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 23:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
that shows how weak is the protection paypal/ebay provides you against these people. They should also inform at least the reason why the account was closed...
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 09:57
WTF ? he's back!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-Son[....]eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/e[....]r&ssPageName=VIP:feedback:2:us
alkoholiczka
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-14 01:10
@ marcellos

flipinstyxs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-14 01:10
I just recieved the one from expansys.com and it works beautifully. looking from the pictures posted that represents the fake and the real DS970; i'm 100% sure that i have a legit version.
enh_cheung
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-14 01:51
Well~
Being a chinese guy from HK, i feel very sorry to hear all of these, and also feeling very angry about these ppl~ This is not only embrassing us (other HKers), but also demaging our image to world wide ppl....

In fact, it doesn't only happen to other countries, these fake product also being sold on streets and malls in HK~
The lucky thing is, most of HKers who love IT stuff always discuss these kinds of matter on local forums, so many of us could identify the fakes and reals~ Having said that, there are still quite a few victum around...

The difficult bit about ebay is, you cant see the product before you pay except its photo. This make it difficult to identify whether that is real or not.

I mean, this sort of problem doesn't only exist in HK or China, there are also products , eg. GPS Bluetooth receiver (discovered when i bought one from ebay recently), that looks almost the same but are totally different branding or in varying built quality being sold on UK ebay by UK local seller.

The messeage i wana bring across is: there are always ppl who wants to maximise there profit with fake product, not only HK or Chinese ppl. The advice i would give is, be careful and always look for comments from forums.

Hope you all good luck~! cheers
STERGIOSZX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 16:12
Unfortunately I got a fake HBH-610a.
I got it from ebay.

This is the link of what I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS[....]m=&item=220102631817&rd=1&rd=1

The plastics are flimsy, the sound is horrible!

It cost me less than 30 euros, but I am really pissed of!

What can we do about it?

We must inform prevent other people from buying these crap!

Damn them!
STERGIOSZX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-23 16:45
I already spread the word in 3 greek forums.

Counterfeit-BT-headset buyers, UNITE!
tonchy
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-25 04:02
@sergioszx

you should start a paypal dispute inmediately if he does not reply you get the money from paypal if he does reply you will have to send the item back and they will refund you. i am sure by now paypal is aware of the counterfeit problem so my guess is 9 out of 10 you win... good luck
STERGIOSZX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-25 19:36
Thank you for your interest.

He sent me an e-mail stating that there was a "mistake" with his supplier.

The headset is tottaly useless. I cannot understand how they make it, to mold all the parts requires very expensive machinery and knowledge.
And I am sure that a lot of different models are being produced. And let's take into consideration all the packaging, literature, manuals etc!

They have big costs for sure! Why don't they make a product of their own?

It just does not make sense to me.

PS: I got a full refund for the headset.
heinlich
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-26 02:35
Okay, after having read so many complaints about this issue, I am sharing my criteria of buying stuff from ebay, especially on electronics.
I think everybody knows that there are a lot of faked earphones around, but still a lot of people bought them from Ebay or some other auction websites. Why? because they are CHEAP. extraordinarily CHEAP. But my view to this is: if you buy a faked, your performance/price ratio will become zero, because you will never wanna harm your own ears by those crappy earphones.
So my experience to this is: stay away from the dealers on ebay, go to local electronics store or Amazon for the genuine ones. NEVER HARM EITHER YOUR EARS OR YOUR HEART.

At last, if you are still crazy about some Japanese or Asian gadgets which might not be available either in North America or Europe, do some research on reliable websites other than wasting time bidding on ebay.
If you know some Japanese, go to www.amazon.jp.
if you don't, choose reliable websites in English like
www.yesasia.com
www.audiocubes.com
www.play-asia.com
etc.
I think you will have some fresh experience.
tonchy
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-04-26 04:46
you just have to be careful with who you buy it from, make sure the ebay seller has a good reputation and has been around for a long time. read all the negative feedback he has.

as i mentioned i got a refund from one hk seller and then finally bought an original hbh-ds970 from another hk seller. not everything is fake and yes you save a lot of money.

as someone mentioned you can get fakes even from prestigious stores so you have to always watch out. and read the warranty terms.

@sergiosxz i am glad to hear you got your refund. and the answer to your question about producing fake items. if you speak to an electronics expert you will be surprised to findout how cheap the production costs really are for an average quality good. So if they open a brand of their own (admitting it is a cheap copy) they will have to lower their price a lot, because people will know thy are not buying a top quality product. so why not copy everything and sell at the high price as if it was a top quality product. look at these copies for instance:

http://www.chinatronic.com/ba[....]4-player-bluetooth-p-1824.html

same thing with the fake memory cards, batteries, etc...
XADE
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 23:35
Hello!!

I've been reading this interesting topic.

Well, the reason of my post is to say that I've bought one headset at eBay from egun007, and they were fake. So DON'T BUY FROM HIM THIS PRODUCT. So, i decided to buy it from ioak, and i'm waiting from them, i hope they are original.

Bye and greetings from Madrid!!
yakboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-06-20 17:57
Stumbled accross this forum post whilst trying to find out more about HBH-DS970's with awful sound and no bass... not very happy to find that I have also been sold a fake by that miserable bastard egun007

I 'only' paid £23.28 in the end (only one other bidder) but as I hadn't researched the end prices of these units from HK suppliers I simply assumed that the units were markedly cheaper in HK and I'd had a stroke a luck.

Once I realised (handily after I had given positive feedback... something I won't do so hastily again in the future) I messaged egun007. No response. So I have lodged a complaint through Paypal but I have to return the goods to HK which is the better part of £10 by airmail with tracking on it.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to send it out, to then get no response from the seller and end up burning another £10 on junk. What's everyone elses opinion? I am happy to push the point if people think it will help.

I've also written another ebay guide to hopefully flag this issue to some more people.

I don't really care about the money but I'm real pissed off with being had.
chinkysimon
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 15:50
I thought I was going to receive a genuine set of these, as there were many positive feedbacks of the headset on ebay and was desperate for the post man to knock at my door.
I didnt realise that there were so many fakes out there and I thought something was dodgey with mine because the headset was so cheaply made and the SE logo near the power button FELL OFF! I thought to myself that it is definately fake as i read this forum. Also there was a fingerprint UNDER THE SCREEN/DISPLAY! What fool left their fingerprint there.. definately not a genuine SE product
The only prob I got with it is the song title doesnt show up on the display, but everything on the display works. didnt try the incoming call when listening to music yet.
If I do send it back, what is the best delivery/tracking choice do i make? e.g. normal, recorded (or what ever it is called)? I am so pissed off about the fakes of everything.
btw the seller is "neweplaza" SO BEWARE OF THIS SELLER
chrisperro
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-27 19:59
I'm waiting for my hbh-ds970 from a seller in the US, i paid 60 dollars u.s,i let you know guys ,i hope because is a U.S seller maybe real but is awfully cheap.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 10 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic