Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970

Previous  123 ... 910 111213  Next
Author be careful with HongKong Sonyericsson hbh-ds970
alkoholiczka
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-08 00:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
u can write whatever u want. the true is, all of u that criticize me, are just jealous, because u haven't thought about this before!
u pretend how good and fair u are, it just makes me sick! if u only have a chance u would do the same thing. so stop moan!

i'm sure there's many people out there that apreciate what i've done. and that post was for them! [thx 4 positive pms!]

marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-08 09:46
alkoholiczka:
Sorry to disappoint you, but you are not the genius criminal you think you are. I've seen people doing this before... But I dind't do it and still don't recommend people doing it because it's just as wrong as trying to (re)sell the fake item.

Why do you think you only got support through pvt msgs ?
Could be that they were ashamed to show you support in public ?
alexhaj
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-03-11 03:52
Wow i cant beleive all of you are soo quick to beleive everything is a fake. fake fake fake fake fake fake fake! its unbeleiveable. its really not worth anyones effort to reverse engineer the whole product from scratch and then get a factory to start producing it illegally when you can just goto the factory thats allready producing them and buy all of their duds that didnt pass the quality control maybe for small insignificant reasons and then selling them as brand new. now i do have a pair and they work absolutely fine with my k550i except of course the EQ settings dont seem to adjust the sound so i tried out my HT820s and had the same problem so i definately think it has to do with the phones firmware and nothing to do with my headphones being a fake. its annoying that for every small litle detail you are all soo quick to assume its a fake, and then ruin peoples reputation by giving bad feedback when theyve done little wrong. as for my headphones the sound quality is wonderful and THERE ARE NO FAKES, ONLY LOWER QUALITY SE PRODUCTS! not to mention the SE logo on my headphones look more legit than the SE logo on my k550i just going to show that small discrepancies in the logo DO NOT mean its a fake! JESUS H CHRIST you people...
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-11 12:30

On 2007-03-11 03:52:14, alexhaj wrote:
(...) THERE ARE NO FAKES, ONLY LOWER QUALITY SE PRODUCTS! (...) JESUS H CHRIST you people...

Alexhaj: you should research more about the subject before saying this. There are many many fake products on the market... and people should be careful when buying this kind of product.

Besides of the taken pictures at http://213.19.178.16/se I had original and fake compared from the inside. They have completely different electronics internally. Are you going to tell me that sonyericsson made 2 different projects (one with high and another with low quality) ? Or will you agree that someone made a cheaper copy and tried to seel it as a sonyericsson ?
Wiltshire
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-11 16:46
I can assure you all the items from this ebay seller are fake. Brought 2 Motorola H3's. Awfull sound quality. Reported him/her to ebay & Paypal.

check out this site for how to spot a counterfeit headset.

http://www.phonearena.com/htm[....]rences-article-a_1753-p_1.html
tonchy
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-03-28 04:21
@alexhaj
THERE ARE FAKES!!!!

listen(or read) you won't believe it!!!
I finally got the refund from mlaccessories but i did not get the shipping back refunded so i still ended up wasting 2 months and 25 $us.
Anyways since i really wanted the headset I wrote a question to a lot of sellers asking if their item was original and guess what?

1)some repplied it is original but would not send pictures
2)some like ioak replied with pictures (good seller hehehe)
3)and SOME REPLIED SAYING "SORRY IT IS NOT ORIGINAL"

Can you believe that. so anyways since i am buying from seller ioak i told him about this thread here at ESATO and he told me another difference to spot fakes. The charger on fakes has 2 plastic headpins sticking out just like phone chargers where as the original has only one. here is a picture

amd he said that if it comes from HK charger must either be europe(2 round pins) or UK(3 pins) so if you got a US charger and your item came from HK then it is a fake
morgan1130
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-03 00:24
@alexhaj
What Tonchy said was true. I had both fake (from ebay) and original one, while the original one works perfect, the one from HK ebayer just hangs every time I pick up the phone while listening to music, and couldn't even turn if off afterwards so I had to wait for the battery drains out. It's not even about quality control since it's not even functional. And the differences between them from the look are exactly the same as shown in the original post. So STFU unless you own both versions.

@tonchy
I am not too sure abou the charger, though the original one I got has 1 pin and fake one got 2 pins like you said, but in the manual it says the pin might be different depends on areas.

@alkoholiczka
Jealous??? It's people like you help those ebayers selling fake stuffs without worry, you want to help the crime? fine.
I don't know how your mom taught you to become such a little asshat, but I am sure you will teach your son the same thing and will be so proud that he is a smart kiddo.
dejablu3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-04 10:06
Thanks for the heads up, the prices up on eBay seem to be too true, how can they sell for 40-50% less than of the cheapest in store price that i can find (as well as staticice.com.au).
pika360
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-06 21:01
After reading this thread, I've come to realize that my HBH-DS970 is a fake. Yes, it was purchased from eBay from a seller in Hong Kong The seller is "blaccessories" if you are interested to know.

The sound was bad (worst than my cheap headset from Sony), this thing froze all the time with the backlight and the display on. It doesn't look like the pictures from SE site (there's a white frame around the display which the one I have doesn't.). the metal rings around the headphone comes off easily, it drops Bluetooth connection with my W850i (thank God that's a real one from HK), controls to my phone is bad, battery life is significantly less than 4 hours playback. Friends told me the sound is full of static when I talk using this headset. The previous/next track slider switch is so poorly made that its corners stick out and it looks like it can break. I got it for about $70 and that's still $30 away from what's advertised from Amazon.

It does came with two extra pairs of rubber inserts for the headphones, and the original box is so real too. The instructional manual looks poorly copied that it's barely readable. I even doubt the charger enclosed is real but it does charge my phone correctly.

I just submitted a PayPal dispute report to pursue a refund for selling a fake from this seller. I am sure he got this from that other fake distributor/seller on eBay, no doubt. Maybe it could even be him in disguise...

I will let you guys know how the dispute process went. We really need to warn others about buying stuff from HK (I was born and raised in HK btw, so I know this is a HUGE problem. Sadly this doesn't protect me from falling in the fake scheme on eBay.)

Added:

On 2007-03-05 00:03:17, joeyice wrote:
I have a fake headset bought it from US shop on ebay their name is blaccessories I just realised today that I have a fake headset as it does not play properly and cannot handle dual mode very well.

I just sent them a mail and told them that my SE service center told me it was fake.

DON'T BUY FROM "blaccessories" ON EBAY! HE'S KNOWN TO SELL FAKE HBH-DS970s. I don't know what else he's selling that's fake in his store. This is a public service announcement.

(4/8/07) Hey guys! I got a message from blaccessories "Concur Trading, Inc, blaccessories@gmail.com" from the PayPal Resolution Center:

"This is the original item that we got it from Fry's Electronic. Please send back to us for full refund, and we will take back the item to Fry's Your RMA Number is R1332 Please send back the item (With original Package and accessories) to us for refund Return address is Concur Trading Att: RMA Department 133 S Ramona Ave #B Monterey Park, CA 91754 Please also included this copy of email in the return Package"

I work right across from Fry's Electronics and none of the stores in California carries this headset. Why does someone locate in California mark his store's location in Hong Kong? I can't find anything about this company's background either. Besides, this item is long-past Fry's infamous 15-day return policy.

How could he return an item that which wasn't sold at Fry's and the item is long past return date? Beats me.

Should I settle for a refund and close the case with PayPal by paying the shipping and send the "fake" item back or pursuit further action from PayPal? I feel bad because he could resell fake, returned this item as new and a new victim appears because of me. Discuss.

Feel free to write to this seller to share your personal thoughts about selling fakes to honest buyers. Tell it like it is, all right?

[ This Message was edited by: pika360 on 2007-04-09 23:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pika360 on 2007-04-10 00:05 ]
marcellos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-09 00:27
BREAKING NEWS:

The user that was the reason to originate this thread is
"No longer a registered user " from ebay !!! And the ebay store is closed...

Problems with the law after 6495 feedbacks 98.8% positive?
Did Ebay/paypal finally decide to do something ?
Or did he get so rich that he could retire and move to the Bahamas ?

You can check:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/e[....]?ViewFeedback&userid=n*capri*n
pika360
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-10 00:54

On 2007-04-09 00:27:18, marcellos wrote:
BREAKING NEWS:

The user that was the reason to originate this thread is
"No longer a registered user " from ebay !!! And the ebay store is closed...

Problems with the law after 6495 feedbacks 98.8% positive?
Did Ebay/paypal finally decide to do something ?
Or did he get so rich that he could retire and move to the Bahamas ?

You can check:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/e[....]?ViewFeedback&userid=n*capri*n

A day of victory for us, I suppose.
One down, 1000+ more to go...
drgopoos
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-04-10 01:49
thanks guys for this thread.. i just slipped but dint buy this one.....
flipinstyxs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-11 00:09
I know that the original HBH DS970 cost arounds 150 from SE website. I just bought mine through a reputable company that sells all kinds of smart phones and are located in the UK.

www.expansys.com

bought mine for 101.95 USD and thats shipped to the U.S I'd rather spend this much rather than go thru the hassle of figuring out which is fake and real. Some people on their forum boards report they sell legit versions of the DS970 and they even point out that one website that shows the fakes too.
Cutetia_82
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-11 04:06
THank you everybody. Im new. And here I am thinking about buying cheap phones from Hong Kong people. Im glad I joined this forum
nabboR
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 22:42
Ebay Member Profile: n*capri*n
(Nickname:Tammy Show. Real name: Wai Shing Ip)
No longer a registered user

well, after he stopped responding to my emails I had a look at Ebay and yep, he's no longer a member there, probably just started with another username and still cheating custommers.

And as u guessed, nope, despite all prommises I did NOT get my refund.

End of MY story.

Have a great summer to all of you!

[ This Message was edited by: nabboR on 2007-04-12 21:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 910 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic