Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > ntl - problems yet again (

Previous  1234  Next
Author ntl - problems yet again (
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@mutley boy, no worries mate

@fatreg ,cheers i think it says some calls are recorded also everytime i phone up they say they have no records of my previous calls.....

im at loss is it worth emailing that chap and explaining everything to him (after all i ws a NTL custiomer beofre the upgrade to 3 for £30 and for iover 2 years we never had a problem.......)

what you think fatreg mate?
living the dream!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 16:02
i reckon ive updated my previous post and you have to mail him yes..

or not him but you have to compain formally.

fatreg
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 16:22
mailed him.....

this:

'Name: Lee Walbyoff
Account Number: *&@####
Address: @###~~@@~~~###

Hi,

I am writing to in to try and sort out the problems have have been experiencing with NTL. I do not want to write a huge email as there is a lot to take in so i will try and be as brief and to the point as possible.

Basically i have had a NTL account with you for well over 2 years now and about 2-3 months back i upgraded to your 3 for £30 offer.... i clearly made sure the price of £30 would not change during the 12 months as stated on the flyer i had (which i still have). The bill i received following this upgrade was for £60+, as you can imagine i was not happy one bit. apparently they had no record i wanted the 3 for £30 deal.. they billed me for a family pack add on?? and for each service (phone, tv and internet) separately. this has been going on now for 2 months...

I have called a number of times to sort this out (the first time the representatives have admitted a mistake has been made on their behalf and offer to sort the problem out) which they did although further billing was carried out and my bills are still not right. I am not in any kind of position to afford more than what i have asked for £30.

After another call i was most upset because after waiting over 30mins to get through i heard people in the call centre joking and laughing (all talking very communally - makes me wonder why exactly i was on hold... also the girl i spoke to put me on hold a few times while she checked her systems in which i could still hear her messing around.... this is very bad customer services and frankly not at all what i would expect from a large company as yourselves...

I have written to you because i cannot bare going through the process of the call centres any more at 'my' expense. this is not my mistake, it is NTL's and i refuse to carry on like this.. I do not wish to cause any problem, just wish to get this situation rectified so that i may enjoy the services i am paying for...

I will eagerly await your response and not to threaten anyone, but i will be making a copy of this email and all other correspondence to forward on to either trading standards and ofcom. I have spoken to a few people in the exact situation as myself and fell it is totally unexceptionable...

I would like a solution to this asap as if i cannot get the service from NTL i will look else where.

Kind regards

Mr Lee Walbyoff'

hows that sounding... as for dates, i have it written all down *cough* somewhere lol, (honestly) just gonna take some time tonight to find it all

What you think fatreg and others

*******after reading this back i realise how much my english actually sucks *****

[ This Message was edited by: leeboy13 on 2006-12-07 15:28 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 16:27
looks pretty good to me.

however..

i would send it as a letter on email.

sounds petty but then he can treat it as a letter.

ie 14 days!

you get me?

fatreg
J-J
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-08 10:44
haha
rang them up last night expecting to get this sorted on one call, how wrong i could be!
Im sure the bloke i spoke to was retarted as he had a real problem understanding something simple, the call eneded without him resolving the issus but promising to call back today, then 20 minutes later half our tc channels disappear! oh dear NTL, your in for it tonight! [addsig]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-08 11:13
told ya matey...... not trying to sound like a gimp here but they really are terrible.....i say we get together and sort it out... power in numbers and all that! im just waiting for my internet to be blocked again............waste of time buggers!

ive waiting mr NTL to email me back now
living the dream!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 10:33
its now been 11 days since i sent that email to Mr NTL....

@fatreg, do have to wait 14 (working days) or 14 days in total?

basically NTL have cut my phone line and internet now grrrrrr!!!!!

wanna phone them and get it sorted now as i cant cope without interent especially over xmas... gonna sign up to sky me thinks

anyone got any advise? i just wanna cancel with NTL... im happy to pay the £30 for each month but no more.... as i aintr used anything else
living the dream!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 11:01
14 working days.....

call em and say OI what you doing.

explain that you ahve taken up a complaint and until that is resolved no more action should be taken on your account.

well once the bar has been lifted that is.

fatreg
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 11:05
blinking heck... another NTL phone call to occupy my day.... ffs! oh well i guess it has to be done... wil phgone them in a bit

i will threaten them that if they dont reactivate my phone and internet that they are in turn stopping me form sorting this out and infact are taking up time of my employers! (due to me having to phone when im in work etc....)

I hate NTL and have to erge anyone whos thinking about signing up to them to think twice..... i have neve rin my life had such poor customer service and i even had a 12 month stint with 3 when they first came out who were bad enough lol.... but NTL - the worlds worse compay i think!

cheers for the advsie fatreg
living the dream!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 11:07
np leeboy...

5 years of complaints sorts you out!!

fatreg
J-J
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 12:08
Lee - did you try that email address i gave you? [addsig]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 12:09
yes mate... i didnt get a reply tho

not long left for MY NTL tho

i dont suppose you have a direct line for that guy mate? because i have to phone again today

cheers buddy
living the dream!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 13:28
are you paying by Direct Debit?
if they are still messing you about phone your bank and cancel the DD,
if they say you owe them after everythings terminated take legal advice.

Telewest were buggers when we joined,
they promised us a TV Box set but we didn't get it, turns out they were charging us £25 for the phone and £25 for the Broadband, We didn't mind that in the end cos the phoneline does give us some good benefits, however this morning just to save that £7 per month ive had my Broadband downgraded to the £17.99 that was done straight away.. "Every little helps" as they say"....

it's a reall pain tho when your given something then they increase it,
bit like Banks they change your accounts giving you benefits that you don't need, how the hell ... Banks charge us to use them next bloody stupid !
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 14:03
omg i dont know whether to laugh or cry.....

right after about 10phone calls between october and now they still havent changed my account to 3 for £30....... instead they ahve seperatly charged me for each sevice coming to £38... and added things like family pack and free calls to my account (costing me extra)...... wtf!??!?1

now i was again hung up on (when i was told i was being put on hold)... i have been told that if i dont pay i will be in serious trouble... lol... whatever...

what teh ehll do i do now? the out standing balence is about £120 now and it suld be about half of that....... theyve told me theres nothing i can do except pay.... a said why should i have to pay for things i havent used etc.....

someone please help my head hurts
living the dream!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-18 14:58
seriously can anyone atall help this is really doing my head in and i seriously cant take anymore time outta my working day to wait for at least 30mins to just maybe get through........

im at a lose here with no home broadband which i cannot have as my girlfriend is in her final year of uni.....

please please someone help
living the dream!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi