Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > k800i dead

Author k800i dead
englshboi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-01 22:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Cool. Thanks for the tips "mechanic" & "hunagro"!!

I'll give it all a try when I get my friends phone, charger & sync cable tomorrow. If I can't get the CD that comes with the phone where can I get the latest drivers? Are they available to download??

Thanks to all.
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-02 02:12
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 22:01:08, englshboi wrote:
Cool. Thanks for the tips "mechanic" & "hunagro"!!

I'll give it all a try when I get my friends phone, charger & sync cable tomorrow. If I can't get the CD that comes with the phone where can I get the latest drivers? Are they available to download??

Thanks to all.

You can get the driver from www.kulankendi.com or www.wotanserver.com Look for USB Flash Driver. Only third party like kulan/wotan/DVT can update EROM, SEUS can not.
revjon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-03-16 03:00
waton can't detect my k800, what should i do?
webchetan
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-04 16:09
Guys I bought BST-33 battery for k800i from eBay and I believe its fake as its not charging the battery. Also its only 770mAH and looks like made in 2003. It had just little charge as all batteries do, and then when I started charging the battery completely went dead. The phone worked ok when it had little power with no problems. I charged the battery for 9+ hours (with Phone OFF) but it instead started loosing its capacity. I think its the battery which is stale and not charging. Also I did see a "steady" red light when the battery is low...then I just left it for sometime and the red light near infrared went away and its started charging...kept it for sometime...tried to power ON the Phone...the Phone turned ON and then later turned off since the battery status was still 0% and not charging at all. Since the battery was not charging and turned off the Infrared port again showed steady RED light.

Is the RED light (steady...not flashing and no beeps) by nature in SE phones? I believe someone told me that the Light comes when the batter is Below 5%....Do you think its something to do with the EROM? Also The Original Battery is not with me as we were on a vacation when we bought this phone and forgot the NEW battery in the box back at our aunt's place and since she lives overseas...I bought a battery from eBay....for $1.99 and when it came it looked as if its fake....

Any comments would be appreciated...especially the steady red light near infrared port.

Pictures of battery bought at eBay...for $1.99 (USD)

Thank you...
- webchetan
kentonhq
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-09 19:48

On 2007-03-16 03:00:08, revjon wrote:
waton can't detect my k800, what should i do?

Posted: 2007-04-09 18:40
PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I tried every possible ways to reflash my k800i dead phone and still it does not work. There is no flashing LED. The phone just does not turn on.

When I plugged in the USB cable that came with the phone to the PC, it does not recognize the phone. I have my phone battery fully charged. Reinstalled the sony PC suite on 3 different computers and tried the Wotan software on 3 different computers. Still the PC did not recognize my phone.

When I tried plugging in my other k750i, every single computer I used recognized this k750i, but not the k800i.
webchetan
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 21:40
Btw, first thing, is your battery original and also how do you know that its charged? Secondly, is it your new phone K800i? or did you get it from some online store. There are many untrustworthy who sell fake phones. Also when you first had your phone was it working? what made it not to power on? did you flash it just to upgrade the firmware? and was that the reason its now not turning ON?

Above all Make sure you have SE PC Suite only for K800i on your PC when connecting with USB cable. Its not recommended to have 2 different SE PC suite for different mobiles. So basically just uninstall the pcsuite both for K750i and K800i and then just re-install the one for K800i. Se if it recognizes your phone then.

Let me know,

Cheers!

Thanks,
kiori
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-26 23:31

On 2006-11-24 15:26:36, wopo wrote:
sory my englisch !
-first instal USBFlash Driver http://www.kulankendi.com/index2.php?pStrona=download
-in KK Client please option "EROM Update" and Login:kulan and Password:kulan
-now pres "Flasch"
...good luck

HELLO MY FRIEND WOTO
ILL TRYING USING UR LOGIN AND PASWORD BUT DIDNNT WORK HELP WITH THAT THXS...
kiori
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-27 02:54
AGAIN ME!!
AND OTHER PROBLEM ILL FORMAT MY PC NOW I DONT HAVE THE DRIVERS INSTALL IN MY PC, IF SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME HOW I CAN INSTALL THE DRIVERS TO RECOGNICE MY DEAD CELLPHONE WHEN ICONNECT TO USB CABLE THXS... TEL ME THE STEPSS HELP PLEASE

HELP
kasun111
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 14:32
My K800 was also dead (China). I reapaired EROM using Wota Client for FREE and It was a success

EROM: RED CID51
OTP: RED CID49
GDFS: CDA102568/6

I guess the next step would be to flash it. I tried with SEUS . It detected it as K800 and downloaded files(100%). Then the update screen appeared It goes to about 2% and stoped saying "Update failed".

Q1. Am I doing the right thing here? If So what went wrong?
Q2. Do I need to update to CID 52 before?
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 03:42

On 2007-05-24 14:32:54, kasun111 wrote:
My K800 was also dead (China). I reapaired EROM using Wota Client for FREE and It was a success

EROM: RED CID51
OTP: RED CID49
GDFS: CDA102568/6

I guess the next step would be to flash it. I tried with SEUS . It detected it as K800 and downloaded files(100%). Then the update screen appeared It goes to about 2% and stoped saying "Update failed".

Q1. Am I doing the right thing here? If So what went wrong?
Q2. Do I need to update to CID 52 before?

No need to do anything. Unlike wotan SEUS will take care the CID update for you straight away.

Some ppl have trouble from SEUS. May be the download somehow corrupted? Try to download with English US as the language option in SEUS. It will still flash your phone with correct firmware language (SEUS choose the right CDA for you). I always have success with this site/(mirror?). However you need to delete the firmware that has been downloaded to your computer first (forgot the exact folder) so that SEUS will redownload the firmware instead of using the one that SEUS downloaded before.
kasun111
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 09:16
Thanks. I got it fixed. After fully charged Next day it turned On. Thanks Guys for the usefull review.. (This is really a big relief since I dont have warranty)
I'll write ma full story just in case someone finds it usefull.

Initially My k800i was not detected as a USB device (In update mode 2+5 OR Service mode 'c' ). So I gave it to a SE authorized repair center here in Sri Lanka. After a few days they said it cannot be fixed. I tried with few other places but still they said cannot repair. Only hope I had was with the Forums. Somewhere I saw 'disconnect the battery for 24 hrs and try fully charged' message. It worked. After that it was detected as a USB device (with keys 2+5) and I repaired the EROM using Wotan client (With username and pwd blank) free of charge. I removed the battey and tried it after 15 mins. Still not powering Up. So I tried SEUS and mobile was detected as K800 (Using 'c' key) but updation failed. Next morning I fully charged it. and .... everthing was working perfectly... All the setting preserved (Playlists, SMS, GPRS setting, etc ..).
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 12:21

On 2007-05-25 09:16:43, kasun111 wrote:
Thanks. I got it fixed. After fully charged Next day it turned On. Thanks Guys for the usefull review.. (This is really a big relief since I dont have warranty)
I'll write ma full story just in case someone finds it usefull.

Initially My k800i was not detected as a USB device (In update mode 2+5 OR Service mode 'c' ). So I gave it to a SE authorized repair center here in Sri Lanka. After a few days they said it cannot be fixed. I tried with few other places but still they said cannot repair. Only hope I had was with the Forums. Somewhere I saw 'disconnect the battery for 24 hrs and try fully charged' message. It worked. After that it was detected as a USB device (with keys 2+5) and I repaired the EROM using Wotan client (With username and pwd blank) free of charge. I removed the battey and tried it after 15 mins. Still not powering Up. So I tried SEUS and mobile was detected as K800 (Using 'c' key) but updation failed. Next morning I fully charged it. and .... everthing was working perfectly... All the setting preserved (Playlists, SMS, GPRS setting, etc ..).

What the h*ll, SE service centre can't even repair it. I think this is another case of SE service centre ignorance toward the buggy R3A011 EROM. Seems that their policy is just change it to new units if you got warranty. My service centre even that EROM come with the firmware so you can't update it yourself.

Anyway good for you that it work. Just make sure the EROM version has been updated to R3A016 so it does not happen again in the future. Cheers.
manull
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 14:30
Hi, i was using the wotan client. All the steps seem to be perfect but i am stucked at the part where i have to Press C, I tried pressing 2 , 5 and both in my keypad but its still at the part where it is waiting. What should i do?

[ This Message was edited by: manull on 2007-05-25 14:38 ]
kasun111
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-28 05:53
I'm not an expert but try this..
Remove the battery for 24 hrs..
Fully charge battery..
Download and extract the USB driver from Wotanserver
Keep holding 2+5 keys together and connect the k800
Your OS (I'm assuming windows XP) will say a message like 'USB device detected'. Then Browse to the location of extracted driver file
Install it.
Now You should see 'Sony ericsson USB' device appered in Device Manager
If everything seems OK upto this then U can continue with Wotan client and Fix EROM..
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-05-29 05:02
@naveensiva - So, is it totally DEAD now mate [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi