Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG chocolate with 1GB MegaSIM card

Author LG chocolate with 1GB MegaSIM card
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-07 03:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The LG U830 multimedia clamshell handset, supporting msystems’ 1GB MegaSIM card, enables new services and mobile content.

ESATO NEWS

The MegaSIM-supporting LG U830 is a 3G mobile handset with a host of impressive features like a two megapixel camera, 200MB of internal memory, Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP) connectivity and a MP3/AAC/WMA media player. With up to 1GB of additional flash memory provided by a MegaSIM card, the LG U830 has the storage capacity to support this functionality within a slim design. Sporting a clamshell design, the phone will soon be released as part of the stylish Chocolate series.

With the MegaSIM card, MNOs can deliver compelling new services and mobile content to the LG U830, which can then provide the means to realize new revenue streams. The abundant storage capacity, advanced security features and additional processing power found in the U830 handset with the MegaSIM card enable services like:

• secure downloading of content, audio and video clips
• flexible DRM, including on-card rights management
• full PIM functionality
• storage of new applications for subscriber activation
• MNO based personalization and branding
• personal storage for user-generated content such as large phone directories & high-resolution photos
• the ability to customize services based on subscriber tastes and habits

“In our quest to offer cutting edge mobile technology, we are continually adding the most advanced features to our handset designs. The MegaSIM card from msystems, representing one of the most impressive achievements in mobile storage technology, is an outstanding addition to the long list of features that we offer on our mobile phones," said Jae Bae, executive vice president of mobile communications company of LG Electronics. “With the high capacity, power and security found in MegaSIM, we hope to enable a new world of mobile content and services for our customers. We plan on launching additional MegaSIM-supporting handsets in 2007." www.m-systems.com www.lge.com

[addsig]
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-07 03:55
What can it provide new? apart from "New Revenue" streams?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 03:59
Nice external LCD display - black one ! Large memory too ! [addsig]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 08:23
megasim?

oooh i wonder what addressing that uses? most 3g usims use 128k addressing...

you got any tech specs on it axxxr? yes well aware i sound like a geek wanting tech specs of a sim but hey ho. bite me!

fatreg
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-07 09:46
1GB MEGASIM, WOW
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-07 15:48
Quote:

On 2006-11-07 08:23:43, fatreg wrote:
you got any tech specs on it axxxr?

fatreg

Secure downloading of content, audio and video clips
Flexible DRM, including on-card rights management
Full PIM functionality
Storage of new applications for subscriber activation
MNO based personalization and branding
Personal storage for user-generated content such as large phone directories and high-resolution photos
The ability to customize services based on subscriber tastes and habits

Cost effective
Secure - highly secured SIM functionality, flexible support for security-enabled applications such as digital rights management (DRM)
Backward compatible with existing platforms
Ubiquitous - SIM slots are in all mobile handsets
Scalable - satisfy subscribers' current and future storage needs
Portable - enable users to transfer content and service agreements from old to new handset, from work to personal handset
Subscriber-focused - reduce churn and increase loyalty to keep subscribers within your network

[addsig]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 19:26
sweet lordy lord..

3.3v though...

aint going to work in general handsets.. they use 3.7v sims...

fatreg

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 19:40
Hi Fatreg,
I don't think they are backwards compatible i think they will only work with the next generation of handsets designed to be used with them. It doesn't look like that phone has any other memory card compatibility. But if they are up to 1gb already that's not bad for a lot of users needs. The idea that once you have your content on it it just moves with you to your next handset is way cool or what. I mean no more having to try and move your SMS,MMS contacts, music , video's pictures everything just switches to your new handset.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 20:01
indeed that does sound prewtty good to me...

i hate loosing texts..

a 1gb to full up with them...

even i would have trouble.

fatreg
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-11-08 04:54
Very nice, but will we be seeing memory card prices coming down as a result of the competition?
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
slugworth
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-10 18:49
Quote:

The idea that once you have your content on it it just moves with you to your next handset is way cool or what. I mean no more having to try and move your SMS,MMS contacts, music , video's pictures everything just switches to your new handset.

Marc

ah a memory stick does that already if im not corret (not sms, mms) but can save ur contacts to memory card, and almost all pics n stuff r saved there anyway i can see it being a good idea though but i dont wanna see the price of the 1gb compared to the 64mb sized sim
S500i 4GB M2
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-10 20:23
agree with shaliron, prices should drop dramatically hopefully.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-13 18:15
@slugworth

Please don't quote a post just above you it really is unnecessary and secondly you say a memory stick does that and then mention 2 things it doesn't immediately afterwards that's the whole point of it. Not for me personally but many like to keep there SMS and MMS messages and that's plus the paid for content is what it is about. Imagine this with 2, 4, or even 8gb eventually no having to swap cards either and as soon as you change phone all your stuff is there, and i thought M2 cards were small.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi