Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My O2 Silver James Bond Limited Edition K800i =D

Author My O2 Silver James Bond Limited Edition K800i =D
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-11-23 23:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah give them hell. Once is annoying but forgiveable however this is taking the "P" hope you get it sorted soon. I am loving the shiny silverness off it lol.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 01:53
Missy can you take some screenshots of the James bond content for me and pop it on here if you don't mind thanks

Im gunna ask at work if they have the Silver K800i ive not seen it there yet only the Brown and Black 1's
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-24 04:22
Ok. I'm a little sad inside.

Has anyone seen from a reliable online retailer, or provider that has the BOND Silver K790i, yet? The press release mentioned both. And since the First or 3 months is gone and beginning the second month of the limited time production run I'm getting worried.

If so can you please post here please?

Thanks.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
ZackV
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 04:28
Ok, i'm still here and still searching for a damn theme. I went to watch the film again today at the cinema, and whipped out my 007 K800i at the right time and snapped up this picture of what i'm looking for. I know it's a different OS and whatever lol and I don't expect to find that... it's something near as dammit that i'm looking for

This is my last shot at finding it, can anyone PLEASE tell me where I could find a theme for a K800i similar to this:

Thanks! Zack

[ This Message was edited by: ZackV on 2006-11-24 03:30 ]
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 13:45
Today, I saw the silver James Bond K800i in real life, and I'm sorry to say, that I did not like it at all. I'm glad I bought my black one, which IMHO is much nicer. The things that ruins the impression of the silver version is that some parts still are black, like the lens cover and the on/off button. And there is an ugly black strip along the sides of the phone - the one that is in silver on the black model, on which it gives an impression of being a real metal thing, while the black plastic line on the silver painted version reveals that it's all plastic after all. Actually, it looks like someone has taken a poicture of a black K800i and painted it in Photoshop, without having too great skills in using Photoshop . The Bond themes are pretty cool, but there are too much details on the desktop images so that the icons and captions are difficult to see. A few weeks after the release of the Bond movie, those themes are not that hot anymore either.
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 14:09
i just saw the movie a while ago, i was so amused to see a beat-up, colored silver R600 (the first guy bond chased through the construction site had it) .. hehehe..

[ This Message was edited by: crowing on 2006-11-24 13:10 ]
obi-wan
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 01:31
Zack that theme does not really exist. In the film the phone runs a operating system that is used by MI6, not the ordinary SE Operating system
jepherberich
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-25 06:56
No need to be sorry, what's "nice" is a subjective thing-

The black one was OK, like a hundred other black phones out there I reckon. The silver one (which I have) won me over because the silver painting is very effective. I have yet to come across anyone who can tell this whole thing is plastic by just looking at it. Myself included, every other person who's held this thing's flabbergasted at how light the phone weighs in the hand, only to realize 5 minutes through that's it's not brushed aluminium after all. At the least, the silver treatment is universes more effective than those employed in the K700 and the "Blasted Silver" K750, which are both easily discernible plastic.

As for the black parts, I reckon they're only making it more effective for the silver parts. It could just be me, but I look at this thing and think gun-silver and gun-black (except for the plasticy-shiny border trimming and the lens cover). More Bond points. haha

oh yeah. i absolutely abhor the bond content, except for the ringtone (which is all over the internet anyways). except for them girls, who'd want to have a pic of daniel craig in the wallpaper?

anyone tried reflashing their bond K800 with generic K800 firmware? I'd want to do this via davinci

Quote:

On 2006-11-24 13:45:25, altemyr wrote:
Today, I saw the silver James Bond K800i in real life, and I'm sorry to say, that I did not like it at all. I'm glad I bought my black one, which IMHO is much nicer. The things that ruins the impression of the silver version is that some parts still are black, like the lens cover and the on/off button. And there is an ugly black strip along the sides of the phone - the one that is in silver on the black model, on which it gives an impression of being a real metal thing, while the black plastic line on the silver painted version reveals that it's all plastic after all. Actually, it looks like someone has taken a poicture of a black K800i and painted it in Photoshop, without having too great skills in using Photoshop . The Bond themes are pretty cool, but there are too much details on the desktop images so that the icons and captions are difficult to see. A few weeks after the release of the Bond movie, those themes are not that hot anymore either.

glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 16:27
@axilom - wotan'd mine from db to eg and had no probs at all.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
jonsky7
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-01 03:43
I like my silver K800i too,

but,
both the "play now" and "internet" menu options go to the o2 home page. I don't need both of them to go there.

Can I and if so how do I change the "internet" button to just open google ?? It's downloading stuff I dont want every time i open the browser.

I was just going to reflash the firmware, but if you can't save the bond stuff, I don't want to lose it.

edit:

Get 1GB M2 sticks from play.com at 29.99incl delivery

When you set the theme, although the main sound files are locked, 2 more files are created called
Theme ringtone
ThemeMsgAlert

these are copies of the "bond theme" ringtone and "cards" message tone on mine, they transfered to my pc ok

much appreciated...

[ This Message was edited by: jonsky7 on 2006-12-01 03:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jonsky7 on 2006-12-01 03:14 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2006-12-25 13:38
I decided to buy me this:

Sorry Guys I think it looks better than a K800i
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic