Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Multiple Dial-up connection bridging on XP !!!

1234  Next
Author Multiple Dial-up connection bridging on XP !!!
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 11:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I knew having multiple dial-up connections were difficult on XP but not impossible...Thanks 2 blu who's responsible 4 guiding me 2 the right application & threads containing the configuration, I managed it.
So this is the thread, requested by many, on the TUTORIAL of WINGATE 6.
(Hotlinked 4 those who want 2 try it out themselves)
I, somehow got it working the 1st time itself but since hardly nebody else has managed, I ve uploaded my version of wingate & will post the step by step process I performed 2 get it working 4 me.
But first, my experience is that it wont work if both the dial-ups ve the same modem (i.e. both use the same mean of connection with the PC & are of the same make using the same com ports or maybe either in some cases.)
I also want 2 make it very clear that the link posted is of the trial version of wingate & is not cracked & also suggest to all who get it working & like the software should *ahem* BUY IT although 1s configerated in the trial period, the multiple dial-ups will continue 2 work even after the trial period has expired...but U'll not be able 2 re configure it or add new/other dial-up connections unless U reformat Ur HDD...yes, un-installing & re-installing will not reset the trial period.
So here's the link 2 Wingate 6.0.4
Oh ya...here's something 4 those suffering 4m "All download slots assigned to your country are in use" problem, at megaupload etc.

[ This Message was edited by: has33 on 2006-11-01 12:10 ]
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 12:08
1 very important think guys...don't request 4 the serials or crack 4 this or ne other software here or in ne other thread on Esato...U'll get banned.
And the password 2 wingate 6.0.4 is airtel

[ This Message was edited by: has33 on 2006-10-31 12:11 ]
jingboyx
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 12:54
Thanks. I followed that tutorial. In addition to those steps mentioned there, i assume we also need to goto www proxy server connection>properties>connection and set to use airtel proxy. But still I cant seem to get it to work. I get a socket error "SSLTunnelling connect to 146.82.67.167:80 failed - bad response from HTTP server'. It seems like wingate DNS resolver is facing probs with airtel LIVE. It may be working with MO. Can u pls try it out on airtel LIVE and tell us if it works?
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 13:06
nice post, thanks. Now i've got to get the mo connection to try it out. Err, you wouldn't be having chinese ca-42 drivers would you?, lost my cd.
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 13:20
Blu...as a MOF I do...lemme look 4 the cd & mail it 2 U.
Er...what's Ur email again ???
Jing...I ve neva tried airtel live don't even ve the settings...lemme get the settings 4m airtel & try it out...BTW why don't U try MO 4 a day...its only Rs 7/day & can be discontinued netime in B'bay...where U 4m ??? [addsig]
jingboyx
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 13:36
@has33
Dude, I activated MO for a day and it works!!! MO costs 20rs/day and i am in TN. So the probs is with airtel LIVE. But i am sure there shud be a workaround for that... What is actually happening now is... I dialed on MO on one mobile and LIVE on another. Now my download manager when routed thru wingate is dloading from the MO connection. At the same time when i use a browser, it is using airtel LIVE and whatever i dload from browser is routed via airtel LIVE. Although its an indirect way of increasin bandwidth, this trick shud be working gr8 with 2 MO connections.
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 13:46
pm has .
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 13:58
Jing...so U saying U got it working...both the dail-up are connected in XP & R in use (1 4 browser & the other 4 download)...did U try checking Ur ip like mentioned in that thread I posted ???
Also...try configerating wingate's proxy (127.0.0.1) in Ur downloadmanager...I do that in GetRight & use 2 segments for the same file in megaupload
BLU...do U ve KGB compressor/extractor ??? [addsig]
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 14:05
no, but i can get it.
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 14:17
I think U should get it...its awesome & the only zip archiver through which gmail won't recognise an exe file...I m PMing U the links & mailing U the drivers [addsig]
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 14:27
Thanks for the drivers has , i've been searching for them for a while.
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
zolo
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 15:04
@hass33 or jingboy dudes i have got a 6630 and a w810i wid me now. . . How should the connection be. . . Should i connect both Them via data cable or one through bluetooth and the other through data cable. . . I have got bluetooth in com4 and DC in com6. . . And BTW Jingboy congratz buddy. . .
jingboyx
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 15:17
ATLAST, I configured wingate in some weird way and Finally i got it working with 2 airtel LIVE connections also!!!! This is what i did...

1) Created 2 separate WWW proxy server services , One for each of airtel LIVE connections on port 1111 & 1112 respectively. So under gateways i only added one dial up connection (the corresponding one) instead of both. For each www proxy, goto 'connection' and set it to use CASCADED PROXY server and NOT Http Proxy with SSL support and enter airtel proxy details.
2) Then set up wingate DNS resolver to use MO DNS server (202.56.230.5). MO`s DNS server works on airtel LIVE too and only this works and the airtel LIVE dns server 202.56.250.6 did not work.
3) Dialed both connections.... You must dial airtel LIVE apn only on both mobiles. Even Net On Phone apn will not work.... I dunno why.
4) Now on flashget.... Flashget lets us select individual proxies for each download. So i configured 2 proxies on flashget... one on localhost:1111 & another on localhost:1112... (both assigned to HTTP GET method)
5) I didnt configure browser to use wingate proxy coz it didnt make much difference to me, so i left it configured to airtel proxy.
5) Now browse to a site and click on a file to download. When flashget captures link and displays the download properties window, click on advance and select proxy1 and click ok.
6) Now click another file and for this select proxy 2.
7) Thats all, now both the files are downloaded using seperate dialups. My flashget shows speeds between 9 to 13 KBPS which i think is really an upgrade for my slow connection

But I dunno how to make flashget download a single file using both connections. When i configured wingate to use both gateways on a single WWW service proxy, the traffic still only passed thru one connection.

Did anybody else experiment on this? Pls post ur results

@Has33
Thanks a lot dude. And btw, I am using wingate 6.1.4 . Will try on 6.04 later and see how that works.

@Zolo
You can use any modes of communication as long as both mobiles got separate modems. I guess you shud be hitting around 30-50 KBps if u combine those 2 EDGE mobiles. All d best

[ This Message was edited by: jingboyx on 2006-10-31 14:25 ]
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 15:26
great going jing .
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
has33
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-31 15:37
Jing...congrats dude. And abt using both the connection 4 the same download U need 2 get the diff download links 2 the browser using diff connections...in megaupload all U need 2 do is make sure diff connections R using diff segments if not then pause & resume a segment...also check in task manager > networking if the other connection starts when U start a diff segment.
Zolo...either ways it should work as it shows as diff modems with diff com ports...give it a shot...I'll be passing out by 10:30 am 2nite as I'll be driving 4 abt 5 hrs 2moro morning...going 2 a lonely beach 150KM away with fly 4 a few days...but don't worry jing's got it working & blu is also at it...besides I ve GPRS active while roaming & m also taking my laptop along.
Where R the rest who PMed me ??? [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi