Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800i Blocked, Turns out it's nicked...anyone know this seller? need advice please!!

Previous  12
Author K800i Blocked, Turns out it's nicked...anyone know this seller? need advice please!!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-10-27 10:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i dont know thsi guy but it could have been a 'found' phone which was assumed un-blocked... judging by his responses and feedback id send it back especially if you get an address etc..

And you can change the IMEI number on phones but its illegal.... and i dont know how to do it before i get a PM
living the dream!
Tetsugaku-San
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-27 11:57
Thanks for all your help everyone

Yep I am going to send back this one, and just cross my fingers I suppose . . .. Thing is I was so angry the day I found out that I bought another one off ebay that should be arriving in a mo....

... just arrived as I typed - the silly postman left it on the doorstep with no signiture!!!! bloody fool

Anyway I'll keep you guys informed when (if) I get the other phone back, if I end up with a spare, my mum is getting a better christmas present than I planned . . . . .
jack77777
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-27 18:57
did you try flashing the k800i with the latest firmware ? sounds stupid but just wondered lol
15% online - Sony Ericsson - "4 lyf"
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-27 19:06
Firmware flashing sadly doesn't fix a blocked phone!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

jack77777
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-27 19:33
oh well
snoop69
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-29 02:52
If you send it back you have no evidence!

If he sends you a replacement & that dies in 6 weeks time what will
you do?

You cant report him for the 1st phone because that will be gone & he will
play innocent on the 2nd one!

If the phone is still under contract or the original owner has reported it
stolen then you are handling stolen goods.
Tetsugaku-San
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-01 16:36
Well it looks like my replacement actually arrived! I have to get home and check the thing actually works first, but I've been told a box arrived via special delivery of the right shape so I should be ok . . . I wonder if it's the same one that's been reprogrammed?

Anyway I don't care if it is TBH, or if it is nicked. The one that first arrived was mint, new in box so if it was nicked it was nicked off a pallette not some poor bugger in the street.

Shall jump up and down for joy should it all be ok

Shame I already bought a vodafone branded replacement - god the Vodafone one is rubbish - all the buttons are screwed up! takes twice as many presses to make a call now Shall give it to my mum for christmas if I can keep them both, little more than I planned to spend but she needs a good camera

Thanks for everybodys help, advice and suggestions - this is a very informative forum
haris_el
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-02 07:44
Such phones that are blocked in the uk can they be used abroad? you can send it here in cyprus if you want !

Basically i dont understand why police block the phones, before they get the thiefs. Just track the numbers that are dialled and then block the phone. When police block a phone, then you may say...bye bye phone. Or is it not legal yet to do such a thing?

----------------------------------------------------
Go to http://www.SitWin.com for more...

Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 01:36
@haris_el :
The police doesn't block phones, the phone company does, after the owner has reported it has been stolen.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
haris_el
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-03 07:33
A ok, in my country Cyprus, you have to report it to the police that your phone is stolen , and then with their indication the phone is blocked. It is obvious that the phone company blocks the SIM card.

BY the way did they start looking for thiefs that are using phones stolen in the UK abroad? I remember a couple of people in the UK when i was studying ; were " losing " their phone in order to get a new one from their insurance company, and then they took their "lost" one back to their countries...

Go to http://www.SitWin.com for more...

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi