Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sony Ericsson W950i Discussion

Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 313233  Next
Author Sony Ericsson W950i Discussion
mjaniszewski
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 22:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
could you post a picture (or a screenie) of such branding?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 00:04
@dazbradbury,
Totally right Daz Li-Polymer batteries are the best there are so far powerful and light and suffer no memory effect. They should be given a good charge the first time prior to use. Something i find many are to impatient to do and after this can be charged at any time without ill effect. The only thing i would avoid is USB charging as this tech seems far from perfect IMO.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
Buttoneer
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 12:42
My battery has been properly looked after Daz. I charged it fully before playing even though the guy in the shop offered to power it up for me and show me the features. I politely declined.

I agree about the USB charging. I do both at the moment. I charged it with mains when I got in to work, and then left it plugged in to the PC for sync near the end of the working day.

It happened again last night, even though I took the time to switch off all programs, including the walkman player. Battery full when I left work at 6pm, half an hour of music and down to 1/3 this morning at 9am. I left the headset plugged in but that shouldn't be draining power.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 13:57
Warning - controversial subject: li-poly battery charing

My procedure for all new devices is:

- use them from new until the battery charge is around 20/25%
- charge overnight
- repeat the above two more times

And the result is that I get well over 1.5hrs on the W950 over BT for music listening and around 20/30 mins of PIM and standby (in goodish 3g coverage area) for nearly 2 days when the phone is on 24hrs a day. Many people say li-poly needs no special treatment at all - well my treatment means I happy

[ This Message was edited by: jah on 2006-11-18 13:03 ]
Buttoneer
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 14:30
At the moment t's hard for me to not be charging at 20-25%!

I'll be taking this thing back on Monday.
dantheman82
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 15:42
availiable here under 299 unlocked to all networks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Er[....]egoryZ3312QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
OfficeMaven
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-11-18 15:56
There's just got to be something wrong with your battery. I'm supper impressed by how long my W950i lasts on a single charge. I'm playing around with it (using music, videos, Bluetooth, TomTom, etc.) just about all day long, and my battery is lasting a good two days or more before I have to gharge it again. As I mentioned in a prior post, the battery level meter is a bit skewed in that the first 50% or so of the battery goes very fast, but after that, the last 50% (especially the last 10%) lasts an amazingly long time.

I couldn't be happier with the battery on my W950. For it being a smartphone with such a large and bright display, it seems to last even longer on a single charge than even my W800i.

Maybe I just got a really good one is all.
jay080286
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-11-19 01:56
Do you use 3G? I think that maybe a problem? But I have a new battery and charged it for bout 16 hours first and the battery seems to be the same as before so...
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-19 02:53
@Jah
I do a similar thing to you on getting a new phone i initially charge it overnight 10hrs plus, then for the first couple of uses i run it down to about 20% and again charge overnight after two or three of these i only tend to charge when battery is getting low or if i know i have a heavy day ahead to make sure i have a full battery first thing in the morning. As i run Tom Tom 6 on my n93 i also use an in car charger for this as it really drains the battery big time but only use Original chargers never third party stuff and am avoiding USB charging like the plague as peoples reports seem less than favourable IMO. All my phones are always with 3G on and bluetooth plus WiFi sometimes on the N93 i have yet to have no battery in any of my phones when i need it.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-19 09:27
@Dogmann

I am glad someone else has the same experience as me. And I think it is worth mentioning that even SE say don't use USB charging when using a battery powered laptop and also the recommend avoiding charging using a connection via a USB hub.

The best device I have for battery life is my HBH-GV435 BT headset that gives me 2 weeks of use (at least) and its on standby about 10hrs a day.
Join the 'dots' and see what happens
deezer-d
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 00:08
Anyone having problems with their W950i not mounting as a mass storage device when they connect it to their computer? When I attach my W950 to my mac via USB it will mount and show as a volume on the desktop and in finder and I can browse it no problem. When I un-mount it and remove the cable, it won’t show mount again when I plug it back in. The volume will only mount again if the phone is left connected to the USB port (not connecting via a hub) and the mac is restarted which is odd. I've done a master re-set but the problem persists. My phone is vanilla with no network branding. Any help appreciated
mariwun
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 00:15
im getting my generic w950i with the ds970 im just wandering what useful applications they are for uiq 3.0.thanks
Crudeman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 01:48
Tried to copy SIM contacts on mine why does it ask for first name last name? Can I have this option disabled and have all contact names placed under Last Name???

killgates
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 11:11
hey guys. i got my W950i about a week ago. the battery is prity rubbish. i havent run it down to see how long it lasts. you guys have been speaking about correct charging, can some one tell me how i can properly charge my battery so i can see if it is faulty?

Also i have put a couple of eppisodes of a tv program on there which is quite good quality on the screen, but it is such a hassle when i play them because my phone slows down to a snails pace and some times freezes. i cant skip past 10 minutes in to any video or it wont play at all and i have to pull the battery from the phone. is this the case with every ones phone or is it my firm ware or just a fault with my phone?

thanks

pete
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-11-20 11:23
Quote:

On 2006-11-20 11:11:09, killgates wrote:
hey guys. i got my W950i about a week ago. the battery is prity rubbish. i havent run it down to see how long it lasts. you guys have been speaking about correct charging, can some one tell me how i can properly charge my battery so i can see if it is faulty?

Also i have put a couple of eppisodes of a tv program on there which is quite good quality on the screen, but it is such a hassle when i play them because my phone slows down to a snails pace and some times freezes. i cant skip past 10 minutes in to any video or it wont play at all and i have to pull the battery from the phone. is this the case with every ones phone or is it my firm ware or just a fault with my phone?

thanks

pete

what software and settings did you use???
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 313233  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic