Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Can I sell a phone that is still on contract?

Author Can I sell a phone that is still on contract?
Simon R
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 17:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a t39m on Orange that I want to sell. I have just moved house to an area that has no signal at all, one bar at most. The phone is now useless as it drops calls after 30 seconds and won't send texts.

I still have 5 months of contract to run. I don't want to pay £25 a month for a useless phone.

So can I sell the phone and contract to someone?

Anyone want to buy it??

All advice appreciated.

Simon
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 17:34
Yes you can do that if some one is willing to buy the phone, as far as I know here in canada, we can do that...!
***Proud Owner of t68m with t68i upgraded software, and EPoX Dongle
**Proud Owner of and only ...!
*you can do anything with computers....!
gadgetboytom
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-31 17:35
good advert
P1i and E51
Eamonn
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 17:45
downgrade ur tariff to a cheap nasty one m8!
bingo
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 17:57
You can sell your phone quite easily, but selling you contract will be harder unless you have a particularly good mobile phone number. If you haven't got a fantastic number (e.g. 07000 123456) then you'll have trouble finding anyone willing to go to all the trouble.

Your network can advise you on transferring the contract, but it's all subject to credit checks for the new owner, and it's a load of hassle.

Change to the cheapest tariff you can find and get yourself a new network!

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-01 02:37
your handset isn't part of your contract - so u could sell it - but it cause implications because u are the registered owner of the phone with orange - call & ask about coverage by giving ur postcode - new transmitters are always planned - so a good signal may be a month away [addsig]
Simon R
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-01 10:10
Thanks for the tips. I don't think they will put a new transmitter up soon as I live right next to a hospital.

So I need to change to a mega cheap tariff. Anyone know what is the absolute cheapest tariff on Orange I can get away with? Can I convert the phone to a pay as you go?

Or does anyone want my tariff. I get 2400 minutes of off peak calls a month, to landlines and this INCLUDES data. (Great for doing email on my palm) Free voicemail access, 10p text. Peak calls 10p per minute.

If anyone wants it, let me know.

Simon
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi