Previous  123 ... 469470471 ... 505506507  Next
Author Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
kenx3000
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 07:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@happykhan

Why would you think the 5 Mpx are behind? Don't you think it's still too early even for now for a 5 Mpx? Talk about GPS phones, the N95 doesn't even support 3rd party applications, but the P1i and the P990i are gaining their advantage to take on the GPS market. Why would you also think Nokia ALSO brought out the GPS accessories AFTER SE? That's because they now see where's their mistake. Price and options that people could make are by far more important. SE doesn't want to shove GPS into every handset just to increase the price for no reason. It's actually a smart move to make such accessories.

Real gaming phones? What happened to N-Gage? Isn't because what happened that now Nokia has to integrate it into the new handsets? SE does want to make gaming phones, but to split such brands on like Playstation Phone onto the market right now is a huge risk. Don't tell me that we haven't seen any gaming phones from SE(W550i, W600i), and P1i and the new smartphones already has the graphics that could be in between PS1 and PS2(almost PSP). If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

For music phones, all the higher end music phones from SE already comes with a head phone that has the 3.5mm. If you're saying that all music phones from Nokia comes with a 3.5mm, then where is it on my 5300? I don't see it anywhere.

The word lagging behind in technology is something that shouldn't be used. Its a marketing style that each company has to study and release at the right time(obviously someone didn't learn economics). Coming out first doesn't mean it's better or way in front. They might just make a mistake by just doing so. We all have seen such mistakes(S700i for example, coming with a CCD first actually nearly killed Cybershot market).

Back to the post, about K850i, I think SE released it not on purpose, but because the feedback was more warm welcome than negative. I think we might see some K850i revised edition(may be thinner?). Beca's picture does interest me, any more info on that?
actthafool
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 08:06
Heres the back of the "k900" from justamp. Looks highly photoshopped to me.

RoKeC
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 08:08

On 2007-08-31 07:44:27, kenx3000 wrote:
@happykhan

Why would you think the 5 Mpx are behind? Don't you think it's still too early even for now for a 5 Mpx? Talk about GPS phones, the N95 doesn't even support 3rd party applications, but the P1i and the P990i are gaining their advantage to take on the GPS market. Why would you also think Nokia ALSO brought out the GPS accessories AFTER SE? That's because they now see where's their mistake. Price and options that people could make are by far more important. SE doesn't want to shove GPS into every handset just to increase the price for no reason. It's actually a smart move to make such accessories.

Real gaming phones? What happened to N-Gage? Isn't because what happened that now Nokia has to integrate it into the new handsets? SE does want to make gaming phones, but to split such brands on like Playstation Phone onto the market right now is a huge risk. Don't tell me that we haven't seen any gaming phones from SE(W550i, W600i), and P1i and the new smartphones already has the graphics that could be in between PS1 and PS2(almost PSP). If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.

For music phones, all the higher end music phones from SE already comes with a head phone that has the 3.5mm. If you're saying that all music phones from Nokia comes with a 3.5mm, then where is it on my 5300? I don't see it anywhere.

The word lagging behind in technology is something that shouldn't be used. Its a marketing style that each company has to study and release at the right time(obviously someone didn't learn economics). Coming out first doesn't mean it's better or way in front. They might just make a mistake by just doing so. We all have seen such mistakes(S700i for example, coming with a CCD first actually nearly killed Cybershot market).

Back to the post, about K850i, I think SE released it not on purpose, but because the feedback was more warm welcome than negative. I think we might see some K850i revised edition(may be thinner?). Beca's picture does interest me, any more info on that?

i agree with you

[ This Message was edited by: RoKeC on 2007-08-31 07:08 ]
Car Lazar
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 08:35
There is always good and bad things about SE, I don`t want any other phone but I don`t see ANY INOVATIONS AND REVOLUTION in theri fons for a long time ... I will still buy SE phones but i want to see something new from them ...
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 09:54

On 2007-08-30 20:16:27, rss_ndrsn wrote:
The ovi-thing from Nokia is really intriguing. I hope SE will come up with something like that in the future.

[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2007-08-30 19:17 ]

I know I might be a very small minority, but I would like to see SE collaborate with nokia on things like this. Having more than one device manufacturer behind it would give t leverage against the networks who still want to sell the same stuff through their portals.
I don't want a signature anymore.
xumdeo
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:01
that design should not be japan bound
(if it's legit at all)

but there will be a cybershot phone for the japanese market ready by november (2 phones from SE under 905i series)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:28
@xumdeo

So does Japan not have a Cyber-shot yet?
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:29

On 2007-08-31 07:44:27, kenx3000 wrote:
@happykhan

I AGREE WITH THIS.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:35
@goldenface
the s904 etc etc 90x, have been Japans camera phones, sort of like our K series (cybershot) being our cam phone range......... though they have not been branded cybershot. i think xumdeo is saying there is a cybershot phone coming in a couple months
happykhan
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:40
@kenx3000

You know, big name brings breat responsibility.
I , Myself, don't except very much from samsung or motorola or lg (although they are big names) BUT i do except a lot from Sony, Ericsson, Nokia.

Marketing is indeed a science and very very complicated.

I just try to keep my fingers crossed.
The coming days will tell the winner....
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-31 15:07
Don't look the same. I think the front might be real, but the back is definately fake
kenx3000
K790
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 18:03
@happykhan

It's understandable that the users have high expectations of SE products, but we have to change our view now. Right now is not the time for new technologies to be integrated. That is old school. That is when a camera is only VGA or QCIF resolution. Back then we waited for a 1, 2, 3 Mpx camera phones. Now that we have all these choices, but yet we're never satisfied with them.What drives the market isn't new technologies, but its the users themselves. It's not what they want, but what suites them. Think of the new functions that meets up to your expectations(GPS, camera, symbian-apps, etc.) what's the percentage that you think of ALL the users in the world would understand these, or even know about them? I would say less than half, or even quarter of all the users.

P.S. There's no winner in technologies only quitters
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 19:23

On 2007-08-31 08:06:52, actthafool wrote:
Heres the back of the "k900" from justamp. Looks highly photoshopped to me.

totally fake, the back is based on my H1i concept ( see here ), look at the shades and to the 7.2 number concept too...

[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2007-08-31 18:24 ]
josefcool25
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 19:33
yes that's right this was taken from the h1i concept
the power of sony ericsson
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-31 19:43

On 2007-08-31 18:03:45, kenx3000 wrote:
@happykhan

It's understandable that the users have high expectations of SE products, but we have to change our view now. Right now is not the time for new technologies to be integrated. That is old school. That is when a camera is only VGA or QCIF resolution. Back then we waited for a 1, 2, 3 Mpx camera phones. Now that we have all these choices, but yet we're never satisfied with them.What drives the market isn't new technologies, but its the users themselves. It's not what they want, but what suites them. Think of the new functions that meets up to your expectations(GPS, camera, symbian-apps, etc.) what's the percentage that you think of ALL the users in the world would understand these, or even know about them? I would say less than half, or even quarter of all the users.

P.S. There's no winner in technologies only quitters

i agree. right now is not the time for integration of new technologies. but rather, refinement of technologies to suit user's demands and needs.
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 469470471 ... 505506507  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic