Bandit
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 16:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-10-19 05:14:43, nalbagli wrote:
Nice thread jeje...
Well I had my w800 and was really satisfied with music but iThink (jaja) that the iPod quality is better (I dont really care so much) but is very comfortable to have all my music in the iPod video (just 30 gigs) but is more great to see all family guy seasons that consume most of my memory just 11 GB in music and the rest in family guy

SO iPods and Walkman Phones rock

@jeje,

I'm w/ egrus mate. sound qual. between the two are indistinguishable. You want better sound quality you'll have to get into amplifiers, tweeters, blah blah blah...so far as players on concerned....meh. they're about the same. If you're talking about build quality, then that's a different story altogether and I'm not in QC, so I can't say anything about that.
and UI? that's subjective i think.

In terms of function tho, i direct you to my previous diatribe about individual expectations and need. So I wouldn't say one rocks and one sucks, just that one suits your needs more than the others.

~LB
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 18:11
@ Sapporobaby

You wrote:
"Apples and oranges.

iPods and camera phones will continue to exist with many people owning both. While cameraphones are fun, they are not for serious applications."

I think you are repeating yourself! When in a forum, the concept is to answer to specific questions and have a point. The "apples and oranges' comment you have posted before and more or less I agreed with. In my last post I am giving some facts that you didn't seem to either understand or care about and that's fine with me. Some other people seem to agree and get the concept of why the walkman phones are more fun and that's all that matters! It seems that you will always have your gadgets because you are going after 'quality', but that's not the point here. I think you are missing the fact that walkman phones do a unique job and they do it quite well. The megapixels don't matter, it's your eyes that see the picture, same goes with the audio quality I talked about it above and you have missed the point. Frankly I am happy that you have your gadgets and having fun with them but I (and many other users here) will stick with the pretty good quality, operability and customisation of our walkman phones. If Apple or any terrapixel manufacturer could only offer anything close to what we can do with Far and the options it offers! Only in their dreams! Btw, big thanks to all the people who put hours of work to create such a unique concept! High customisation on a phone!

Here's my current phone customisation (it doesn't do dishes yet ): K750i>W800i, w810 acoustic drivers, Mongoose 3800 Loud Play v2, high volume, menu K800 Icons, optimised display driver, camera driver v7.11, remove SMS storage limitation, support mp4 v3, blacklist patch, flashLight on-off camera button v3.1, flight mode, java folder patch, java patch, photo with java, playlist patch, radio patch, scrolling, timeout dimmers v2, date time names files camera, move drivers to other, blinking flashlight reminders missing calls, changes icon video to filename extension, vibrate moment start conversation v2, reduction level adjustment illumination...and more to come I'm sure!

[ This Message was edited by: egrus on 2006-10-19 17:22 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 18:37
@egrus

What do you want me to say that has not already been said. Obviously you are not taking the time to re-read back what I have said. You do not mind settling for less and this is your right, but on the other hand I like to have a better sound, and better pictures. As for the eye seeing things, this is true but if you start out with crap, your eye will see crap. Example, someone wrote that a 3.2 will out perform a 5 megapixel camera. Everyone knows that below 5.5 it is all moot anyway. It is hard to tell the difference, however move above 6 and things really change, and picture quality increases. Your eye will tell the difference.This should not be to hard to get. I have just as much fun with my Nikon and iPod as you with your phone.

Will you not be happy until I agree with you????? Here you are correct. You are right. I will sell my camera and iPod right away and use only my k800i. Is this better now? We are going round and round and nothing has changed. You have your opinion and I have mine. I like my devices and plenty of people do as well. I have plenty of friends that have 2 or 3 iPods for different reason as well as different mobiles for different reasons. I have an M600i for work, and a k800i as a backup. I use the camera on my k800i sometimes but for the most part the camera sits on my desk, either off or not used. In all likelihood I will sell it soon and buy another phone with, guess what, a camera for those few times when I might want to take a quick picture.

It seems this discussion only evolves around the fact that you like an all in one device that is built on compromises but this what you want. You seem to ignore that fact that I could not care less. You are happy with yours and I am happy with mine and nothing is going to change this fact.

*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 19:20
Sapporobaby - you aren't getting the point, I am not trying to convince you or anybody since I don't care to do that, and I really, trully, don't care if you agree with me or not. I am just stating facts (about audio frequency and so on) and you have had a defensive and personal attitude throughout against me. I am sorry, I won't 'play' with you, I feel that you don't understand the concept, you talk about this against that , and compromising and so on. Sorry that I didn't come across to you and I hope you enjoy your devices and their quality levels (and the quantity to boot)! The only thing though that you should be aware is that you have repeated yourself extensively before making it almost impossible for anybody to ammicably agree with you, even though I have stated the plusses and minuses of both worlds but you have been rather stiff in your responses.
Btw, who in the right mind would have "2-3 iPods", isn't that overkill? Are you or your friends the consumer paradigm for the rest of the world? Is that your point, that in order to be happy(?) we have to get numbers of devices and the rest of us are doomed to be held in the prison of the poor and less-quality life? What the heck were you thinking? My posts are clear and I did agree with you on certain things about the iPod or a dedicated high pixel camera. You simply failed to understand the huge advantage of having one device that does it all quite well, even taking pics with a 2 megapixel camera. If you work for Time magazine, or National Geographic, yes, it won't do, but it's the immediacy factor you are missing and the portability that modern life has brought into our lives. Money is not the issue here as more or less anybody can get separate pieces for their pleasure, not everyone is a pro, and again audio on digital devices is the same for every brand. It's EQ that makes for a good sound and both iPod and walkman phones have it. Do you get that? Headphones top off the listening pleasure for everybody regardless of brand! I can not be more clear than that, I am sorry! I have studied and dealt with audio for years so your remarks on sound are unacceptable. Again, I am happy that you found your way to customise your needs with relative devices like everyone else. Cheers to the world of iPods, terrapixel cams and of course walkman phones, we will co-exist (at least for a while ).

[ This Message was edited by: egrus on 2006-10-19 18:24 ]
marktang
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 19:29
i kissed and made up with Sapporobaby already. no hard feelings right? well anyways that pic was taken with a w800.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 20:06
@egrus,

For the LAST and FINAL time: You have your lifestyle and opinion and I have mine. Your concept works for you and gives you great pleasure. Mine works for me and gives me the same amount of joy. Basta. Finito. Your lifestyle indicates that you are on the move and have a more dynamic life style. I do as well. See attached photo. I move around quite a bit and I tend to like my stuff with me. An iPod is the perfect way to carry my entire music collection as well as other files and data that I need.

So can we agree to disagree and respect each others opinion in the process.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 20:13
@Marktang,

Right dude. No hard feelings.

egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 20:38
@ Sapporobaby

Relax dood! What's with the bold caps! I don't really care about your opinion as you seem to be overly fanatical for my taste. Ok? Done!

@ all smart doods in here

To return to the original subject of this forum! There's NO comparison between iPods and walkman phones. SE walkman phones are a marvel in smart features and contemporary design, made with the future in mind. They perform greatly in many ways and that's why we are all here asking and answering questions regarding their advanced functions! This is what to come, updated specs and usability and new technologies that bring people together with one thing in mind! FUN! Everything else in my humble opinion gets overshadowed in this overly saturated and hyped market of gadgets. Stick to your needs by getting all you need to feel and look like a pro but there's NOTHING like the all-in-one phones. Fairly economical to the sum of all other dedicated devices and with a great share factor (ie via bluetooth to name a fast one here). Larger memory cards are becoming available as we speak and prices are falling within the first few months of release so portable storage is more feasible and easier to use even better with card adaptors. Audio quality is tops, video and pic taking serve the purpose quite well, and of course there's the phone feature, internet, gaming and more...Buy one (or two) and have FUN!!!
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 21:06
@ergus,

Sorry about the caps. My daughter broke the fridge and has no idea how or why she did it. Please consider the caps rescinded..

As far as everything else is concerned, audio quality, picture quality, etc.... I am well aware of each but it still comes down to what works for me and what works for you. I travel the world extensively, and I like to have my information with me. An all in one device can not provide me with the level of quality and comfort I desire. I do not know how to explain it better than this.

So to each his own.

Bandit
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 21:46
Quote:

To return to the original subject of this forum! There's NO comparison between iPods and walkman phones. SE walkman phones are a marvel in smart features and contemporary design, made with the future in mind.

Actually, there IS a comparison. Usage. Depends on when / where you want to use these devices. Outside of that, I don't think any of us here (i could be wrong), can tell the diference between the sound quality coming out of an iPod and that coming out of a walkman phone (SE).

Of course both will co-exist. Think about it. You can't bandy about the local gym with a camphone anymore (more and more are banning them), so you have to use a dedicated mp3 player. If you're like me running around all the time and have a mobile attached to my ear like it's part of my biological self, then you probably don't want to be fiddling with multiple kits.

Camphones....for some, these things are...."good enough". for others, you want quality shots and options to play with. Then you get into something more dedicated. Like an SLR.

That being said.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the days of the point and click camera are numbered. As cybershot cameras start heading into 5+ megapixels, really, who's going to want to buy a point and click camera anymore?

And the days of the PDA were shortlived too. Palm is going to have a tough time selling dedicated PDAs.

Anyway. So THERE lies the comparison. and it's not an objective one, but a personal one depending on what you intend on doing with the thing (am i the only one that's thinking about this last sentence in an entirely different context?) PUWHAHAHHAHAHAHA

~LB
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 22:54
@Bandit

Ever hear of the business market. PDA's will always find a home here. I have the M600i just for this purpose and it is rightly targeted at such. These Cybershot phones and Walkman phones are targeted at a specific market. There are divergent markets with various demographics within these markets. I am currently working in Kuwait, and travel back and forth through out the region. Many of the younger class are sporting several phones. They tend to have the higher end SE phones (P990, M600) and the mid range Nokia's. If you ask them, they say that one phone tends not to meet their needs. Some like the music functions while the others like the camera. So while your opinion has merit, it is rather myopic in context with the overall scheme of things.

nalbagli
K790
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 23:26
for me one of the biggest cons of Walkman Phones (apart from capacity) is that you have to use the %·$"%$&" adaptor to connect the headphones
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 04:12
Quote:

On 2006-10-19 07:12:12, egrus wrote:
Doods! Relax! Sound quality is very comparable between the walkman phones and the iPod. Hardware-wise they do produce the full audio spectrum of 20-20.000 Hz (the digital miracle age). It all depends on your mp3 or m4a encoder (lame being the best so far). The right headphones are important too but don't forget that nobody I know can hear anything above 16 khz, those frequencies work for cats and dogs! We tend to start losing our hearing of any frequencies above 16khz when we get exposed to loud sounds (clubs, motorcycles, loud volume on the headphones etc) and everything above that is just air! If you are an audiophile you better get sound isolating earphones and lock yourself in a closet, but that's not the case. The case, as I posted earlier, is having fun and getting away from the gloomy trends i.e. iPods, trillion gigapixel cameras and so on except if you are a pro and are totally obsessed with style and function. The walkman phones hands down are the future of portability with high quality. Nothing like the dedicated individual gadgets but nevertheless really worthy! If I were a photographer walking around and something was happening at a specific moment do you think that I would be as fast to capture a sudden moment with my pro camera? No way! I would have to open my bag and get it out and turn the power on. The walkman phone is instant! Instant gratification and who cares about the quality if you capture the moment!!!! Also with the music thing, they sound great even better with dedicated earphones (etymotic, shure, sony to name a few) but at this point and time you can find very descent earphones for much less than those giants. Just take a pick at forums like Mistic River and you'll see. Again, everybody will have ideas about iPods and iPhones and iRivers and Sansas and Dell but the bottom line is the fun that you get, when you want to get it and the walkman phones are faster than anything I know. Again, there's no comparison, I just find the walkman phones VERY smart

taking a picture with a K800 or whatever is far from instant. like a normal camera, you have to press a button or two, and wait for it to load to the viewfinder, then you have to press for a second or two. it's not all that INSTANT. and exactly how is a all-in-one phone "fun"? you get to listen to music on a phone? exactly how the hell is that "fun"?and also, the sound quality on the W900 isn't even that great. if you start making it loud, the quality lessens,
egrus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 04:39
@ driftmania

You wrote:
"taking a picture with a K800 or whatever is far from instant. like a normal camera, you have to press a button or two, and wait for it to load to the viewfinder, then you have to press for a second or two. it's not all that INSTANT. and exactly how is a all-in-one phone "fun"? you get to listen to music on a phone? exactly how the hell is that "fun"?and also, the sound quality on the W900 isn't even that great. if you start making it loud, the quality lessens, "

Ok, if you don't like it then don't use it! Get an iPod instead and a dedicated camera! As for my K750/W800, in less than 3" I am able to take a pic! But I don't suppose that's instant for you : P And you don't understand "fun"? Like listening to music, watching videos, sending a pic from the middle of nowhere to your friends, SHARING? If you had read my previous posts and still think that the walkman phones are not fun then I can't help you, maybe you should find a new gadget, sport or religion and get interested again, dood! Oh, yes, don't know about the W900 but my K750 kicks ass! Soundwise and otherwise and proven by thousands of happy owners having fun with it! I hope one day you will be able to customise it, and see/hear heaven once again!

@ Sapporobaby
I hope your refrigerator gets fixed soon, no fun living without one, sorry about that and I appreciate your responses

Final
I will think about coming back to this forum, I feel that some people don't get it, I gave my opinions, enjoy! I think for now I will go through some links instead about International TV on cellphones for free
Bandit
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 16:48
Quote:

On 2006-10-19 22:54:45, sapporobaby wrote:
@Bandit

Ever hear of the business market. PDA's will always find a home here. I have the M600i just for this purpose and it is rightly targeted at such. These Cybershot phones and Walkman phones are targeted at a specific market. There are divergent markets with various demographics within these markets. I am currently working in Kuwait, and travel back and forth through out the region. Many of the younger class are sporting several phones. They tend to have the higher end SE phones (P990, M600) and the mid range Nokia's. If you ask them, they say that one phone tends not to meet their needs. Some like the music functions while the others like the camera. So while your opinion has merit, it is rather myopic in context with the overall scheme of things.

@sapporobaby

u misunderstood my comment on PDAs. I said DEDICATED PDAs. PDAs that do nothing except be a PDA. the m600 is a PDA-phone.
Re: cameras. Sorry, i lapsed and didn't type clearly. I meant as cybershot cam-phones head into 5+megapixel, dedicated point and click cameras will go by the wayside.

Plus I've said nothing about people with multiple phones that have different functions. Absolutely, people will be carrying phones for different purposes. One of which, is going to be as an accessory / fashion.

I DO however, believe that there cometh a day very quickly that there will be an all encompasing 'mobile'. A fully functioning PDA / camera / mp3 player / phone. The P990 is close.....but camera's only at 2.0, the mp3 player is rather mediocre, the whole machine tends to crash a lot and it's still a tad clunky compared to most other phones.

~LB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic