Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > List ur K800i wallpaper applications here.

12  Next
Author List ur K800i wallpaper applications here.
k700 > Clara
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 20:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Im keen 2 try this feature. Can people leave links 2 java programs which work as applications here for review.
GavinAshford
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 21:30
i dont see why most couldnt as long as they used the correct value in the jad installation file.
k700 > Clara
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-10-10 09:37
We now have the ability to set an Application as a Wallpaper (application needs to be specifically coded for use as wallpaper). I would like 2 know which programs work. Has anyone tried this yet?
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-10 09:40
i too am interested in this...so some one please help us both.....sadly none of my apps work
GavinAshford
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-10 10:47
for applications as wallpaper see this developer page:

http://developer.sonyericsson[....]p_standby_midlet_jp7phones.jsp

as far as we can work out its the .jad file that needs to have the line

SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y

for the .jar application file to be installed with the option to use it as a wallpaper.

No program will "just work" unless it uses this line, which so far none that we know do.

Just need to wait for people to code some new apps.
sensorama
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-16 09:25
didnt even get this app to work...
Eddie_x
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-31 06:56
Hmmm.... so still no updates on this topic...

I'm new to the forum, so firstly, an introduction. My name is Ed, i'm from Perth, Australia and have recently quit working for Vodafone, where i was for 2+ years. I solely use SonyEricsson handsets (Z600 then K700 then K750, now k800i). I'm a die-hard Mac user and have fallen in love with the interplay between Macs and SonyEricsson devices - it trully is a marvel, especially now that I've got my bluetooth modem working to connect my Mac to internet through my K800i's 3G Vodafone connection.

Just did a firmware update on my K800i (Vodafone Australia) and am damn keen to try this feature (wallpapered applications). I'm hoping that the next updated versions of our favourite apps will have this added. eg. Opera, Flurry, Google Maps, Mobizines, Salling Clicker, Widsets, Torch etc.

The new firmware demonstrates how deficient the original Vodafone Live! firmware for k800i was. "Remote Update" service was completely missing from menu, and all the software glitches that infuriated me before have miraculously disappeared. Just shows that networks shouldn't mess around with firmware... they should just trust the manufacturers to load reliable firmware onto their phones.

Ed
Eddie_x
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-01 10:30
Found one!

The latest edition of Nav4All.jar (www.nav4all.com) has the ability to be used as a wallpaper on the K800i.

The hunt was on for the first app to use the latest firmware's new feature (to use a J2ME app as a wallpaper, and now we've found one.

It's a Sat-Nav application to be used with bluetooth GPS. Not a bad program actually.

Haven't had a chance to check whether the program still functions whilst as a wallpaper, or whether it's paused because my new GPS hasn't arrived yet -can't wait to test it. I'm hoping that the app will still update when being used in wallpaper mode.

Either way, it looks like this is going to be a hot feature in the next wave of J2ME apps for K800.
Eddie_x
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-01 10:50
Right, so apparently a few of the applications I've had all along have suddenly decided to allow wallpaper mode.

So far, the ones i've tested and can confirm that work as a wallpaper (with live updating) are:

1. Nav4All
2. MobileMail latest version 2.0.7 from http://www.MovaMail.com (hotmail/yahoo/pop/imap email client - much better than the alternatives eg. Flurry)
3. Mobizines
4. mTextbox
5. mToolbox
5. mig33 (messaging and VOIP application available at getjar.com)

[ This Message was edited by: Eddie_x on 2006-11-01 13:41 ]
lennel
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-02 05:31
Just had my keypad replaced at the service centre here in Singapore, and they've updated my firmware to R1EJ001.

After reading this thread, I got all excited and tested out installing apps that might work as a wallpaper. I added SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y to the .jad file and installed this world clock app, saved it on the phone's application folder, and it worked!

Tried it out with a game app, editing the .jad file the same way, and it worked just as well. So I guess it might work with most programs.

Hope someone will create an app that will display the day's appointments, to-dos and notes as a standby screen (ala pocket pc's standby screen or nokia's series 60 active standby screen)...
lennel
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-06 05:09
the new gmail application is designed for use as an application wallpaper...
bongnate
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-03 19:50
I made my own wallpaper application for k800. It is an analog clock with the beautiful clock face image of Macromedia Flash. I am thinking of what else can you display as wallpaper running in the background.

1. clock
2. photo album
3. phone status
4. graphics/animation

But the program should not consume much memory and process loads.

You may download the program from http://www.geocities.com/bongnate/JAR/Clock.zip
( works ok for JP7 platform 320x 240)

Unzip and install the JAD file and not directly the JAR file.
One way to do that is to copy the two files and transfer to folder OTHER and run the jad file.
Once installed youll see that the wallpaper option of application is enabled.

centur
C902 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-04 09:55

On 2006-10-09 20:44:41, k700 > Clara wrote:
Im keen 2 try this feature. Can people leave links 2 java programs which work as applications here for review.

If you JAR file have not JAD , you make with JADMaker.zip :

Download: http://www.geocities.com/mangokun/jadmaker/JADMaker.zip

Open folder :

Drag and drop JAR file to this window

I make test with StopWatch.jar
http://rapidshare.com/files/53302928/StopWatch.jar.html

Open JAD file with Notepad :

Write: SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y

Click Alt + F4 on JAD window and :

Put JAR + JAD in Phone memory and install JAD file , before start the application must move to Phone (not in Memory Stick) and then only click More > Wallpaper
OR

Menu > Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Application > and choose application

Moded camdriver version 2.7 (35 fps)

[ This Message was edited by: centur on 2008-12-12 18:23 ]
eeiangeles
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-09-04 14:52

On 2007-09-04 09:55:22, centur wrote:

On 2006-10-09 20:44:41, k700 > Clara wrote:

If you JAR file have not JAD , you make with JADMaker.zip :

Download: http://www.geocities.com/mangokun/jadmaker/JADMaker.zip

Open folder :

Drag and drop JAR file to this window

I make test with StopWatch.jar
http://rapidshare.com/files/53302928/StopWatch.jar.html

Open JAD file with Notepad :

Write: SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y

Click Alt + F4 on JAD window and :

Put JAR + JAD in phone and install JAD file , but NO start application , only click More > Wallpaper
OR

Menu
> Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Application > and choose application

Yup, this works. I use JadGen.exe. Create the .jad file, open this in notepad and add the line SEMC-StandbyApplication: Y. Load the .jad and .jar file to the phone and install using the .jad file. This will enable the wallpaper option of the appligation. Good luck.

I have uploaded jadgen.exe here http://www.filefactory.com/file/073e9f/
chadiwrx
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 09:22
Here is Myconid java wallpaper Try out a new interactive wallpaper on your standby screen. Install the java wallpaper from the jad file provided, select Settings, Display, Wallpaper, Application and then Myconids.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzg399rdzl5
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi