Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > K800: Automatic profile changing when conecting accesory

Author K800: Automatic profile changing when conecting accesory
R.C.
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-07 18:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Good afternoon all:

My last phone was a Nokia 6230i. With it, whenever conected to my motorbike handsfree bluetooth unit (Starcom1) automatically active profile changed, so with the new one automatic response was enabled, because in the motorbike I can't pick up any call.

The problem is that I don't know if it's possible to do with my new K800i. Is there any option to enable automatic response whenever an accesory is conected? If not, I'm afraid I'll have to sell my phone and restart using my old Nokia, which is really awfull but does what I need.

Thanks!!
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-07 19:28
You can. When you edit a profile, the last option is for associated accesory. From here you can select an accessory that auto selects that profile.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
R.C.
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-07 23:29
I'd like to, but the only accesories I can select are: "Accesory 11 0", "Car Handsfree", "Portable Handsefree", and "Table Charger". Neither "Starcom1" nor "Parrot CK3100".

I've discovered that "Accesory 11 0" is parrot, but the starcom1 (Motorbike hansfree) is none of them.

altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 07:57
I guess that does not provide full support for 3rd party vendors of accessories, and that's why your handset does not shoe properly.

IMHO, the profile settings in the K800 offers you very few thing that you can modify compared to older models, the K700 for example. One example is, that when I have the phone in the car holder, I want the background display lit all the time, that's not possible, since the background light is not one of the settings handled by the profile.
R.C.
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-09 23:17
Quote:

On 2006-10-09 07:57:29, altemyr wrote:
I guess that does not provide full support for 3rd party vendors of accessories, and that's why your handset does not shoe properly.

That's exactly what I've been told in the user phone number. No support for no accesories. fine, does NOT have a motorbike hansfree kit.

Nokia, first competitor does work properly with almost all accesories.

Quote:

IMHO, the profile settings in the K800 offers you very few thing that you can modify compared to older models, the K700 for example. One example is, that when I have the phone in the car holder, I want the background display lit all the time, that's not possible, since the background light is not one of the settings handled by the profile.

I have a new issue that I'd like to solve: If a set an automatic answer option in a profile and activate it, phone does not answer automatically. I've found no way to make it work!

It's a known firmware error or someting like this?

Thanks!
Nedragaard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-12-17 12:35
Quote:

I have a new issue that I'd like to solve: If a set an automatic answer option in a profile and activate it, phone does not answer automatically. I've found no way to make it work!

It's a known firmware error or someting like this?

Thanks!

Is someone solved this problem cause i have it also ?
The only way automatic answering mode is working is in handsfree profile and NOT with a bluetooth headset .
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi