Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 - Start up web with different "templates"

Author P990 - Start up web with different "templates"
boomah
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-10-06 10:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi there people. Got my P990 yesterday and enjoying it a lot. Have a 4gig memory stick and a pair of wireless headphones coming today as well )

I do have a question though. I have two internet groups, one for wap and one for internet. When I load the web browser up , it always uses the preferred account. If I have this set to wap, then I can't browse any proper internet pages. If I have it set to internet, I can't browse any wap pages (well, at least not vodaphones).

This means every time I load the web browser, I have to make sure I have set the correct preferred internet account in the settings.

Is there a way I can create a short cut that would use a specific internet group and homepage when loaded. I could then have Web Wap shortcut that loaded with my wap group and load the voda page and a Web Internet that loads using the internet group and (full) bbc website.

I know I can set to be promted everytime but I don't like that.

I hope I've made my problem clear )

Cheers, Boomah.
timstr
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-06 11:10
I would very much like to see a similar option where you could configure the browser so it will download images/plug-ins/etc when connected through WLAN, but it won't download images/plug-ins/etc when connected through GPRS/3G.

[ This Message was edited by: timstr on 2006-10-06 10:13 ]
artesea
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-07 12:01
Quote:

On 2006-10-06 10:15:30, boomah wrote:
Is there a way I can create a short cut that would use a specific internet group and homepage when loaded. I could then have Web Wap shortcut that loaded with my wap group and load the voda page and a Web Internet that loads using the internet group and (full) bbc website.

why aren't you using the WAP group for both? it works fine on mine (bbc and everything)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi