Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > connecting wifi on p990i

Author connecting wifi on p990i
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2006-09-26 08:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok i got the neat gear router at home what settings i have to use to connect with my p990i
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
madsailor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-09-26 10:45
You need to create a WLAN account on the phone first:
Tools-> Control Panel-> WLAN-> New Account

Key in the settings (including the WEP key or other security) from your Netgear device. You can get those by pointing your browser to your Netgear Management site (usually 192.168.x.x)

Tap "enable WLAN"

Add the WLAN connection to an account group, e.g. the Internet group and rank it #1 (there may already be other connections on the Internet group such as your 3G/GPRS provider connection).

That's it! All applications you set to use the Internet group as their primary connection will first check and use the WLAN connection until you go out of range.

Hope this helps
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2006-09-27 09:14
Key in the settings (including the WEP key or other security) from your Netgear device. You can get those by pointing your browser to your Netgear Management site (usually 192.168.x.x)

------------

----------------------ok frm where in netgear i'll get WEP key and also i think u need to go to web and do some settings.. well everything is done the ip config and gateway and all of my internet service provider but netgear settings how you do it?
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-09-27 10:39
The first thing to do after conecting WLAN is SEARCH. Then, if the networ is unprotected, you just have to connect. If it is protected, then you have to create the new wlan account, with all the data needed
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi